The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
petac

Stem cell research

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

petac

Hi all, hope you're staying out of the torrential rain. :clapping:

Did any one watch the programme / drama on stem cell research last night? Just wondered what you thought of it. I will admit that I voted for "not guilty" at the end mainly because, although the doctor had acted illegally I felt what she was doing was morally right. Anyone else any views?

Keep dry

Peta :clapping:

Peta

catzzz.gif

crispy

Hi Peta,

I didn't see the programme, so I can't really comment. Did they give the results of the viewers votes? I'll have to watch out for the rerun. :yes:

Have a good day, :D

:clapping:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

petac

I think the voting was guilty 19% and not guilty 81% the exact figures may be slightly wrong (my memory again! :crying: ) but it was a definite overwhealming "not guilty" vote

Peta :bye:

Peta

catzzz.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Video about recent stem cell research

I thought this was an excellent overview of recent development on MS treatment.

in General Discussion about MS

• Success in UK stem cell treatment

This looks very encouraging indeed !   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35065905   Panorama episode concerning this looks like it's on ...   Can You Stop My Multiple Sclerosis? Panorama will be shown on BBC One on Monday 18 January at 8.30pm.   Scully

• stem cell?

Hi everyone, does anyone on here know if this reseach is still ongoing and what the outcomes so far are?   http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8670550/Stem-cell-treatment-for-MS-in-five-years.html   thanks   caroline

• Stem Cell Storage

Hi everyone,   I'd heard of cord blood donation for treatment of leukemia, but that is only available at 6 hospitals in the country and you have to give birth at one of those hospitals to be able to donate. There are no hospitals that do it near where I live, so donating isn't an option, meaning the umbilical cord and all its potential goodness will be thrown away.   However I've just found out about the possibility of storing the cord blood and tissue. There are studies going on at the moment about the use of cord tissue in regenerating nerves in people with MS. You can pay a private company to come and collect the relevant bits and store it for 25years (I believe this can be extended if you want at the time). You then get '5 chances' to use it. So say a cure for MS was developed using it, I could have a turn (if it were a suitable match, for which there is a 50% chance) and there'd be 5 turns left for if the child developed MS or any other illness that can be treated with umbilical stem cells or tissue.   Just thought I'd share about this here in case we have any other pregnant members or readers. And also wondered if anyone else has ever done this or researched the issue?   I literally only found out about it an hour ago, so my head is spinning. The website to a company that offers the service I was given is here , if anyone wants a look but I am told there are other companies out there too.   x

• stem cell trial for ms treatment

You may have already read all about this - saw it on the bbc website:   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14332206   Hope I've done it right - not so good with computers. Any research has to be good.   Jan. xx.

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.