The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
gordon

smoking grass

65 posts in this topic Last Reply

Jayneanne

Hey who needs stuff to get high?

My kids have always said I was crazy anyway.

Got all those off the net, (so they must be true LOL)

Surprising how many laws, law abiding citizens might be breaking :think:

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

Michelle

:juggler::bye::eep:

Michelle x

Jayneanne

Blimey Marina

Does that mean you could get done for driving under the influence of a poppy seed roll? Am I safe eating sesame?

Jayneanne

philjacobs

I use cannabis every day for my symptoms brought by MS.

Here's some useful links.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/662254.stm

The pain impairs cognitive function more that the effects of Medicinal Cannabis. Once the pain and others symptoms subside from the Cannabis, the brain is working better than was when MS pain was present.

Do you agree or not agree?

gordon

yes i agree and again would like to thank everyone for there input

i LOVE CHOCOLATE HEE HEE

Jayneanne

I often wondered about your by-line Gordon

Chocolate is our local name for hashish :caravan::heartbeat::hehehe:

Jayneanne

hippyhel
i was at a party the other night and this guy was smoking grass.i had recently heard that grass helps with the pain os MS suffers.so i have 2 drags of it and low and behold my pain was gone for about 2 hours !!!!!

i was just wondering what people think about this method of pain relief ?????

i hav smoked it 4 nrly 20 yrs.

and 2 b honest i wouldn't be here without it.

altho i am trying 2 get sativex from my gp, as it's much healthier!

:hearts:

Heste

Hi Helen and welcome to the forum.

:hearts:

While I am against "street drugs" I am glad you found something that works for you. I hope you can make some progress with your GP. I can never understand how some GPs can be so uncooperative when faced with an obvious condition.

You are welcome to the forum. There is almost always someone around to answer any questions you might have (though after 21 years you have probably answered them all by now) and feel free to join in on any topics with your views and answers to others questions. We have many people who are new to MS or still waiting for a DX who could benefit from your experiences.

Regards,

John :eep:

linds

welcome Helen from me too :hearts: Linds

Lindsx

mayb

Hi Helen and welcome to our happy crew - I have a belief that all drugs are drugs whether prescribed or not - all I ask of mine is that it works for me and I do prefer the added security of having them prescibed too. However, many on here are taking LDN which is not prescribed over here, so is that illega, in a true sense or not and why? I am glad you have found the one that works for you because I cannot think of anything worse than pain with no relief. Have you ever read the possible side effects of tramadol for instance? If you didn't have MS symptoms before taking it you certainly will have them afterwards.

Mayb

Gaynor

Hi Helen,

Welcome to the forum and good to have you onboard :catmilk:

Sure we'll hear more from you soon,

Gaynor

rachy

A friend of mine has bad rheumatoid arthritis her doctor asked her to keeep a diary of her good/bad days.. since she been smoking canabis she has more good days than bad.. when her doctor asked what shes doing different she told him straight ,... he replied "if it works for you then carry on but i never said that ok "

She has a few puffs before bed to help her sleep but only if shes really bad...

Rachy xx

2serious
As a buddhist I have other reasons for being against the idea of drugs but there are plently of good reasons not to go down the illegal drugs path. I can't think of a single good reason to take illegal drugs.

I know little about Buddhism but surely natural medication would be more acceptable than chemically created John?

I find it most interesting that a plant in its natural state is classed as an illegal drug and yet cigarettes and alcohol are openly sold and even promoted by advertising. The effects of both are proven killers, whereas, grass is an unkown, I believe

My ex-husband died through alcoholism

An uncle died of lung cancer through smoking 50 per day

On my little island it is not illegal to grow, and in fact according to a friend of mine it really thrives in this climate. It is also not illegal to consume any drug if you are at home.

Don't all come rushing over, we've got no spare beds at the moment!

This post is intended to be provocative so i am hoping for reactions

:love:

I agree here on the basis of current use by way of smoking raw recreational cannabis unless there is severe need. Reports are that it can be incredible for pain relief, and it lasts without side effects or ingestion of chemicals. In Holland it is a prescribed pharmaceutical but still widely smoked, something that tends to get you stoned. Medical cannabis is, however, a special hybrid sativa. If you use it with a lot of discipline and very small amounts in an Aromed vaporizer, for one, then you have the true medicinal qualities while controlling the intoxication factor. Bayer is the first to market liquid cannabis spray in Canada after extensive research in the UK. I think there is a huge % of MS people using cannabis in the UK, but I am not in favor of smoking it because this can lead to psychological addiction and lethargy. Again, a person has to be very disciplined to use this, and there are so many kinds. In fact, it is a traditional pharmaceutical as well as for making canvas (Dutch derivative), paper, rope, etc. Then it became demonized with the onset of petrochemicals as the dominant base for meds.