The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
"ET"

Your weather today?

84 posts in this topic Last Reply

mayb

Well mich you had better be careful or you may never see him again!! :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about the pain though is there nothing that helps mich?

Mayb

Michelle

Hi mary,

Ref the pain! Sometimes the pain peaks and then subsides. It hasn't helped that I have forgotten to take the right dosage of painkillers. Andrew usually makes sure that I pop the right amount. Unfortunately he can't always be my eyes etc. He mentioned today that I have also been leaving the cooker on:rofl3: Apparently I have done it several times - he just didn't want to tell me incase I became upset. I don't think I would have been too upset; as I probably would have forgotten he told me:hippy:

Cloudy day here in Wales!

michelle :cry:

mayb

I am just the same at times mich - in fact most times , I can't even finish my own sentences some days. It is not all down to meds etc, as I think I was doing it before, but I can't remember either. Good job we both have someone to look after us and act as a memory bank!!!

Mayb

Michelle

Is it warm outside? I am still in my nightgown :lolsign:

Well, I must be off! My hair is sticking up and I need a shower. Whatever you're doing today make it a good one!

Oh Yes! Chelsea are playing Man Utd today! I think we will pop to the pub and watch it. Hope I don't get hit by any Man U fans as I chant 'Chelsea' :cannaleaf:

Regards

Michelle x

Jayneanne

OMG, had to sleep on top of the covers last night. The temperature was up in the 30's at 10.30pm. Went swimming to cool off but it was a very muggy night and not looking any better today

:cannaleaf:

I am staying indoors in the cool while Ned goes to do the shopping bless him!

:lolsign:

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

clare

what a great day hope summer is comming now :lolsign:

mayb

Aren't hot places supposed to be better for people with MS jayneanne? Do you find it makes you feel worse when you are hot? Being of a strange age, I often heat up far more than anyone around me and while they are turning up the stat on the central hearing I am hanging out of a window trying to cool down!

It was a lovely day today, just right - not too hot and a nice breeze too. Went and sat in a pub garden for the afternoon with my son and his family- fundraising do for something or other so there was a bouncy castle and face painting for the kids, together with a buffet. If only all weekends could be so nice.

Mayb

Jayneanne

Fine indoors but outside it is like a sauna at the moment and even driving the air is hot putting your hand outside the window.

Have had the curtains closed all day and will stay in tonite in the cool

orrible heat, yes it doesnt agree with me when it's like this and I have to go out and about

not feeling very special :lolsign:

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

Michelle

It's a beautiful summers day here in S Wales :hoop: I had my morning tea overlooking the fishpond :greencar: My darling little fishes are doing great!

Have a peaceful weekend all

Michelle x

Hezza

Gorgeous in Southampton but having waved my Mum off at the airport after a 4 day visit I'm off to bed with a hot water bottle and some Ibuprofen...stomach cramps gave me a 5am wake-up call - I just love being a woman sometimes :hoop:

Hope you all enjoy your weather - whatever it is :greencar:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

liddy
I'm off to bed with a hot water bottle and some Ibuprofen...stomach cramps gave me a 5am wake-up call - I just love being a woman sometimes :hoop:

You and me both (sigh) and its my birthday!!

Beautiful day here in Lancashire though not as warm as I have known it to be on my birthday other years.. no pleasing some people is there?

Just glad it hasnt rained though!

Gaynor

We've had our first Bar-B of the year this afternoon :greencar:

A lovely weekend here and we've put fencing up, mowed and strimmed the lawn, bought bits for the garden and it looks much improved now. I even talked Tim into buying me a light leccy mower so I can do it when he's not here. There's no way I can use our monsterous petrol one!!!......so he gave in and now I'm the proud owner of a Bosch rotak 34 :hoop: (he thinks I've gone crazy in telling you this)!

Mad?....blimey, that was ages ago!!!

Gaynor :rofl3:

golfer

:elephantride:

Norfolk today was warm and mild, more forecast for the Bank holiday, we have our girls home so barbi tomorrow and then the treak back to Loughborough with Harriet and Corringham with Hilary on Monday.

best wishes to all for a great long weekend,and may the sunshine on us all.

Ray

:accordion:

Michelle

Raining here today :bday3: Not sure whats forcast for tomorrow. But it's Emma's first birthday, so there will hopefully be lots of fun and smiles :elephantride:

Michelle.

P.S Ray what are your girls studying in Uni? My eldest graduated in 2004 - so we have been there and got the tshirt :accordion:

golfer

Hi,

well the weather in Norfolk was as predicted just great, warm and dry and BH monday was really just like summer, just a shame I was eleven hours in the car, and not enjoying the sun in the garden.

I hope everyone else had good weather over the holiday.

Michelle, our Harriet is at Loughborough studying Drama and English and she will graduate this summer, so we've been shopping as you do for the occassion.

Hilary is studying dance at the Performers college in Corringham and is in her second year of three, we will be off to see end of year show in June.

And Stephanie is currently doing GCSEs and will go to 6th form college in September, she is also in to the arts and Drama and we think at the moment this is the route she will follow, which is similar to her sisters.

You say your eldest graduated in 2004, what did they study and where did they go, and did they get work in the area they wanted following uni?

Ray

:accordion:

golfer

Nearly forgot, you had a special birthday a whole one today, :think::accordion:

Hope she had a great day, as I am sure you all did.

Ray :bday3:

Michelle

Hi Ray

We had a lovely day and Emma was adorable! Rachael studied Doc Photography at The University of Wales College Newport> The graduation day was fantastic! We were so proud of her. Local work for graduates is very difficult to come by! Rachael works full time to fund her photography- selling landscapes to locals,friends etc!

Michelle :thumbsup:

P.S Weather is boiling this morning. I'm currently waiting for some willow fencing to arrive...

PPP

Don't blink, it's Summer, 15 minutes vitamin D they say, but they are always saying something.

26 of those Centidegrees yesterday whilst driving through Banbury and even more forecast. No wonder that woman had her kit off.

Time to flash Blue Badge at beach cafe and ya boo to the first who moans that it's too hot.

clare

ohhhh its so hot

is this our summer? :thumbsup:

hows everyone doing must admit im flagging a bit in the warm weather

Guest steviejo1955

:cowboy: Hello All, the weather here in :sun2:y Basingstoke is , well sunny

:rofl3: . Now I'm not complaining :hehehe: honest, but I did fail & flake so I had to retire in the heat of the day to :sleep4: in my sheltered cool room & bed. Sat now in said room all doors & windows wide open. The cat is "having a field day". We have a large opening door onto the patio. She just keeps walking through the door, down the hall & into my room, onto my lap then onto the window sill, then out through the window, down onto the patio, then repeats the whole process, weired or what. Lovely time of day though I can see our local park through my window & hear the sounds of people enjoying the weather. Life is so GOOD. :bye: It is bound to :thumbsup: latter. Any road up :bye: 4 now an iced coffee beckons & Ann has just come back from town & flashed her bum at me:rose:. Keep well & keep :cool:.

PPP

ohhhh its so hot

Ya boo!

Just sat and had a Carlo's special bubblegum flavour ice cream (yech it was bright blue)

Now a nice cooling cuppa to take the taste away!

Michelle

For the last few days we have had a visiting wasp coming thru the bedroom window. :sleep4: Yes! I know it's a bee :cowboy: I think it's looking to nest somewhere :rofl3:

It's better than any alarm clock. One buzz and I'm awake :cool::bye::bye::hehehe:

I have a thumping headache today :rose: Maybe to many sun rays :thumbsup:

Michelle

P.S Don't forget your sun block

golfer

Still summer in norfolk, nearly a week now, getting near to a record!

I had a business lunch today at the resturant on the Pier at Cromer, it was just brilliant looking out to sea, blue skies and gentle swell on the sea and to my amazement there were several swimmers, the North sea is cold after a full three months of sun, so after these few days it must have been very cold, but they didn't seem to mind.

Michelle, kiddie birthdays are great fun, it's a shame they grow up! Good luck to your daughter with the Photography, It is a hobby of mine, I love to take unusual photos, I have been known to spend hours lying in front of flowers waiting for that bee, butterflyor some other beasty, the digital reverlousion has allowed me to be snapping everything.

ray :accordion:

Gaynor

Still roastin here in Germany. The grass is starting to look like hay now and we still have a few more days of this apparently !!! Mad weather but it makes me feel good so can't complain.

Gaynor (enjoy your Sunday everyone) :thumbsup:

Michelle

Ate lunch outside,was truly wonderful and very relaxing! We had tremendous lightening storms friday evening. Andrew and I went storm chasing,which was equally wonderful. :dramaqueen:

Taking a breather from the sun at the mo with a nice cuppa tea and No chocolate :airman:

Off to Longleat tomorrow as we are playing taxi to my daughter whose off to centre parcs for a week. Poor us have to come home! :flowers2:

Michelle :thumbsup: