The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
"ET"

Your weather today?

84 posts in this topic Last Reply

mayb

I remember a lovely hot holiday in Cromer mich - about 28 years ago so I expect they are about due for a bit of hot weather up there! Storm chasing??? what are you two like! Stick to the chocolate - much less dangerous, well at least the way I deal with it it is.:welcome2:

Mayb

Michelle

Absolutely freezing in Wales> I'm off for a latte' to warm myself up.

Michelle :cowboy::lolsign:

PPP

All change, back on yer heads.

Despite Met Orifice dire warnings, it's just dull & only 14 of those Centigrees.

Squillions of

Michelle

Dope? :hehehe:

mayb

Well they had better be careful or the police will be on to them again now!! Better scrub all of those emails about the weed before they spot them and arrest us all for talking about it.

Mayb

Michelle

Strange weather today. It was warm here this morning. Popped up the valley to see my mum, and it was cold and raining. Glad to come back to the city, and have a coffee in the cafe'.

Mish :cowboy:

golfer

:hearts:

Summer went a few days ago,the last week has been pretty naff, Saturday was warm but very breezy, sunday, wet and windy all day, and BH monday was usual BH weather very wet, so we didn't mind doing the drive to return Hilary to dance college.

Hope everyone had a great BH.

Ray

marcia

Very windy, sunny at times but not very warm, but it is Bank Holiday after all can't expect beautiful weather!! :hearts:

ppms, diagnosed 1992

Sluggish
Marina

The weather here is absolute cr*p!!! Bucketing with rain with fierce winds that blow the rain sideways. It's made it chilly too, seems more like Feb or March than late May!!! All due toclimate change... :hearts:

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Guest steviejo1955

Hi everyone & you too Marina. Woke up this morning to :hearts: I knew something was wrong because the cat (tagliatelle) was pretending to be asleep. :winkgrin: Rain lashing down & no way was she going out. Through out said cat who promptly landed on tip-toe & disappeared under covered bench! :hippy: She then decided to do what she had to do :hearts: . Then knocked on patio door to come in. :snail: Spent all morning rolling on living room floor,(the cat just sat & tried to take no notice). Afternoon fine but moist, (we are like that in Hampshire). Then God decided to water us with the Grand Coolie Dam. Sat here now @ my soggy keyboard on the brink of another wet Tuesday, with the rain lashing down even more. We once had a park with a :boat: ing lake a little bellow our bungalow. Now we have a :hearts: . They say it has been very warm &

sunny up north. (Well YA BOO SUCKS) Not that I begrudge the north a little sun. (@ least once a year). Hope the sunshine's on you Marina in Buckinghamshire tomorrow. :bye: for now. And may all your reactolite glasses always be dark!! A Rather Soggy Steviejo.

elorac

Steviejo you're just too funny?... The bit about the cat cracked me up :cheerleader3:

Carole x

STILL TRYING TO KEEP IT REAL!

mayb

Funny isnt' it - last week I decided to start some much needed work on my garden and went out to buy hanging baskets and plants to cheer up the patio - my husband took out the old boiler and began work on replacing the heating system, the electrics went capput and we thanked God it was the time for longer daylight hours when this happened. It is as if the weather was just waiting for us to do this before hitting us with everything it had. We are now freezing in the dark and barely have enough light during the day to see what we are doing - what did I do in a past life I keep asking myself - well whatever it was I am heartily sorry and can I be let off now please?

Mayb

Sluggish
Marina
Hope the sunshine's on you Marina in Buckinghamshire tomorrow.

No, the sun didn't shine in Bucks yesterday, or the day before... it bucketed and the winds kept blowing the rain sideways... The sun's only just shown its face today but more rain is forecast :cheerleader3:

PS - Stephen, check your "My Controls" for the editor you're using. You don't need to have all those things anymore with this upgrade of the forum. In your "My Controls", look on the left for "Options" and choose "Board Settings". Then, on the right, look for "Posting Settings" at the bottom. Then choose "Rich Text Editor" next to "Type of text editor to use when posting". It should already be set at Rich Text Editor, but if it isn't, change it, and click "Change my account options" (aka OK, aka Save). Then, when you type your posts, any formatting will automatically show in the typing box, unlike before when it used to put all those things in.

Marina

mayb

Don't know if it is an answer to a prayer but the sun is actually shinning on Bedfordshire this morning!! Thank goodness - it makes such a difference to the day if you just get a little sunshine - so garden/jungle here I come!! Hope its found you too Marina and the forecast is a mistake.

Mayb

Heste

We had a really big thunderstorm here in Essex on Tuesday night. I was happliy sleeping through it when, at 2am, I was awoken by a big brave Alsatian rushing into the bedroom (think "sound of music"). I didn't sing about rain drops on roses to him. I just took him back down stairs and told him to stay in his bed. Fortunately the storm passed over quite quickly.

Regards,

John :cheerleader3:

liddy

Nice and sunny here in Lancashire today.. about time too, its been windy and cold for ages. Im just hoping it stays like this as I'm helping with a barbecue and drinks party tonight for one of the consultants where I work (at his beautiful country cottage... not that Im jealous of course!!)

I did it last year and it was a good laugh, especially as the night went on and everyone got more merry!! :welcome2:

The only problem is I have to work till 7ish then join everyone who will already be well into the swing of things!!

Still, its better than staying at home and the very generous host always pays us well :cheerleader3:

Guest steviejo1955
Steviejo you're just too funny?... The bit about the cat cracked me up :welcome2:

Carole x

:hearts:Carole, what happened the other night is nothing compared to what she normally does. She is one mad :welcome2: .She is so clever she is :love: . I roll a piece of paper into a ball & through it, not only will she leap & catch it, she brings it back. Tagliatelle is the only cat I know that has eyes in her arse. How do I know this, when she runs, she twists her bum level with her head so that her bum is in front of her head. (Has to been seen to be believed) Another trick is to be able to get through a gap of less than 2 inches(I know i measured it. I'm such a nerd). A neighbor came round yesterday to give me some sad news of said cat. Apparently she drank some engine oil & petrol from his sump tray(I didn't ask). She promptly shot off & ran round the garages forecourt ten times. Jumped up & down the garage roofs

several times. (I was amazed as she is thirteen) Then she just keeled over with her legs pointing into the air. I was as you can imagine shocked & in some distress. :cry: .

I managed to ask him if the cat was dead. Ock laddie dina worry (he is welsh). Your kitty's fine, she just ran out of petrol.

PS - Stephen, check your "My Controls" for the editor you're using. You don't need to have all those things anymore with this upgrade of the forum. In your "My Controls", look on the left for "Options" and choose "Board Settings". Then, on the right, look for "Posting Settings" at the bottom. Then choose "Rich Text Editor" next to "Type of text editor to use when posting". It should already be set at Rich Text Editor, but if it isn't, change it, and click "Change my account options" (aka OK, aka Save). Then, when you type your posts, any formatting will automatically show in the typing box, unlike before when it used to put all those things in.

Thanks Marina, I can now see what a load of rubbish I'm typing. :rofl3: I hope the :sun2: is shining in Bucks today. Basingstoke is bright with a little soft & gentle breeze. So throwing caution to the wind (I'm sure she is putting on wieght). I have just :cheerleader3: . So I would if I were you prepare for the worst :welcome2: in living memory. I just have to say that I am finding the up grade really easy to use . So there is hope for the rest of you, if I find it easy. Thanks Marina you deserve all our :bow: .

Bye for now. Steviejo. Smile & the whole world - wonders what your up to!!

Sluggish
Marina
I hope the :welcome2: is shining in Bucks today.

Well, it did this morning, and then it started to rain and turn cold again... :welcome2: just as predicted!!! :cheerleader3:

Marina

Vegged Out
Shirl

The weather has a profound effect on the shape of my day always. I do like to get out on my scooter once a week. That sounds feeble but the woman energy involved is too much these days so I limit its use to enable me to enjoy my day.

Today we've had sunshine, sort of: weak light and not strong enough to be called sunny. Now, late afternoon, it's grey and dingy. Not as wet as the previous two days.

I haven't been out on the scooter this week - there's always tomorrow...except this is the BBC forecast for this area:

Friday: heavy showers, Max Temp: 21

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Guest steviejo1955

[quote name='Shirl' I do like to get out on my scooter

Today we've had sunshine, sort of: weak light and not strong enough to be called sunny. Now, late afternoon, it's grey and dingy. Not as wet as the previous two days.

I haven't been out on the scooter this week - there's always tomorrow...except this is the BBC forecast for this area:

:rain:

So I'll plan to be writing tomorrow then!

:wink3:Shame Shirl, hasn't your trusty steed got a cover? Mind you if you are writting tomorrow @ least we will all benifit. Perhaps I will now do a rain :heartraining: just for the Bristol area. :blonde: Ann is planning to take me out tomorrow, so we require if not the shining sun @ least a dry spell around mid-day. We are going to the best fish & chip shop in the South. Have not been for a while as we have to go by bus.(Just not been up to it) They do a beautiful batered hadock, complete with fat chips (obesity is every where) & the best mushy peas this side of Leeds. :lol: I am just salivating @ the thought of it. (Dam I will have to clean my keyboard again!!) It is all topped of with bread & butter & a good strong pot of tea. Its tea bags of course (@ least it's Yorkshire Tea) but I can forgive them that. Roll on tomorrow. I am in such a good mood I will scratch the rain dance & pray that the weatherman gets it wrong, just for you Shirl. What ever the weather have a good day. Steviejo :heartraining:

Michelle

Weather has been lovely here in my patch. Hope it wa the same the other side of the bridge.

It's just started raining.

Jayneanne

Talk about drooling on the keyboard Steviejo. One of the first things we do when we return to the UK is to get proper fish and chips from the chippie. Now whereabouts is the aforementioned chippie, that you alledge is the best in the South. I will have car and can travel?

Just the thought of it now is making me starving hungry

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

Guest steviejo1955
Talk about drooling on the keyboard Steviejo. One of the first things we do when we return to the UK is to get proper fish and chips from the chippie. Now whereabouts is the aforementioned chippie, that you alledge is the best in the South. I will have car and can travel?

Just the thought of it now is making me starving hungry

:pssst:Hi Jayneanne, yes they still are the best fish & chips. I tried them again yesterday. Nearly did not go but It was one of those days that you just have to nudge the MS aside & do what you have to do. Glad I did they were delicious. (Oh no I'm drooling again) :moonmonkey: There are two great chippies in Basingstoke. One I've tried the other my wife has been & Say's it is very good & a bit more upmarket. The one I've been to is @ the Chinham Center just outside Basingstoke on the Reading road. It is called the Trawlerman. The other is @ Old Basing again just outside Basingstoke. I know you will be in Hampshire soon, may be we can all meet up & share some fish & chips. Keep well & may all your battered fish, not press charges. :headscratch: Steviejo..

Jayneanne

Really don't care if it is upmarket or not, I would be happy to eat it out of the paper. I bet they don't do it in newspaper any more do they?

We will probably go up to one of my many nippers houses in Frimley Green, which makes you about halfway between there and Andover doesnt it? I can't believe how bad my geography has become. Once a long time ago when I tried to get into Andover, I couldn't because they had done a ringroad and closed the way in that I knew. I spent ages driving around looking for the entrance to the town. I bet Blazingsmoke is the same. I went to Tech there in the days of cobbled stone, but I dont suppose for one minute it now bears any resemblance to the town I knew and loved.

Be great to meet up and yes I like the idea of the chippie yummy yummy. I will however have 3 of my daughters with me who I am guessing would be completely bored with our conversation, so maybe if there are shops nearby then better still they can go and play for a bit

In the meantime I am going to look up a map of the south and just get my bearings. :headscratch:

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

Guest steviejo1955
I will however have 3 of my daughters with me who I am guessing would be completely bored with our conversation, so maybe if there are shops nearby then better still they can go and play for a bit

In the meantime I am going to look up a map of the south and just get my bearings. :headscratch:

:shit:EAT, Jayneanne, the chippie @ the Chinham center a shopperholics dream. :frog:

There is Next, Matalan, Branttano, large Boots, Superdrug & various other small shops as well as a Tesco superstore. When you know what you are doing either drop me an email or post on the meet-ups section. We will look forward to being able to meet up. Know what you mean about geography. Because I used to :shit: in my dim & distant youf, I could read a map once & be able to visualize an area from above & go straight to where I needed to go without reference to another map. Now with the MS I've got a brain like scrambled egg. I can even get lost around town & don't ask me for directions, you are liable to end up anywhere but where you want to be :pssst: . I also have just looked @ a map & the easy route from Frimely Green is to get on the M3 @ junction 4 & off @ junction 6. Anyway let us know when you can make it. Take care I hope you have a good trip over. Steviejo :moonmonkey: ...