The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
"ET"

Your weather today?

84 posts in this topic Last Reply

linds

Hi ,

We are on Isle of Man for 3 days staying with rellies as hubby like TT. Weather sort of ok

Ja, We had a big plate of fish and chips with tom sauce as we were on the overnight ferry. They were fantastic. Particularly late into the night and in a cosy cabin. Everything was quiet apart from waves. I am drooling just thinking about them

When are you coming to UK You must be really looking forward to the shops etc. Lindsxx

Is littleAbbey with you?

Lindsx

Michelle

Beautiful day here in my patch. Been out for morning tea in the park. Took some photo's with andrew's camera - I think he was scared that I was going to drop it :pssst: No drink in my blood, just tremors :headscratch: Still, I have had a wonderful morning. And bracken is all run out!

Michelle :moonmonkey:

Jayneanne

There is Next, Matalan, Branttano, large Boots, Superdrug & various other small shops as well as a Tesco superstore.

FORGET THE CHIPPIE, I'm going shopping haha!!

OMG I cannot even imaging that many fab shops all in one go

Sounds simple enough to get to you so fingers crossed we have a hot date :headscratch::moonmonkey::pssst:

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

Guest steviejo1955
FORGET THE CHIPPIE, I'm going shopping haha!!

OMG I cannot even imaging that many fab shops all in one go

Sounds simple enough to get to you so fingers crossed we have a hot date :headscratch::moonmonkey::pssst:

:shit:WOW, If you think that is good, you ought to see Basingstoke town center. It would blow your mind :shit: . Just too many shops to mention. There is a Primark as well. However to shop till you stagger & look drunk. You need fuel. Ann is going to love all this(NOT). She hates shopping but loves fish & chips. Me I love both. We think we've had a gene swap. I have the female shopping gene, Ann has the male anti shop gene. However we both look forward to meeting up. :frog: Steviejo.

Jayneanne

Will you stop it, you tease!

Anyone out there who knows Lanzarote will also know that we do not have real shops, only tourist ones, and certainly NOT superstores. Like Ann, I am not truly a one for girly shopping, but when you have been deprived for so long then it is like a drug.

Most of us also buy things like the kids schoolwear and we buy for each other whenever anyone is over. EG A school polo shirt that Tesco does for a pound each is probably about 10 euros here. Clothes are riduculously expensive here, if, that is you can get them.

I cannot take in all of these stores. I have to admit that Primark is on our list of shops because when ever we say to people over here "Where did you buy that it's really lovely" Primark is always the answer.

The worst of it is that we are coming over fairly broke because of the wedding, of which we only had 6 weeks notice., I am thinking of selling my body till we come away for spending money. Ned said I'd probably have to pay them but you never know!!!!! LOL

Looking forward to meeying up

Jayneanne

linds

Hi Ja,

Gonna miss ya while you are away doing all that retail therapy. Is is gorgeous on Isleof Man Lots of big bikers in leathers. Phwoor....XX PS I got some lovely shoes in Lannza airport

Lindsx

Jayneanne

Hey Linds, I love just love bikes. My Mum was a biker, she used to be a messenger in the wartime and even at the age of 60 something got on my brothers Suzuki 850 (I think it was) and shot off round town on it, She came back moaning that the controls were the wrong way round.

I used to have a trials bike when the kids were little and played games in the countryside,

Yes Linds the shoes at the airport are great but you have to be going somewhere to get through passport control to get to the shop!!!!!!

Not going til the 18th June - couple of weeks yet

Hey has anyone heard anything of Hercs and Mrs Hercs. They went on holiday to France and havn't heard from them since?

Jayneanne

linds

Hi Ja,

The shoes were years ago. I was just wondering the other day about Hercs and Mrs Hercs......wonder how they are. Lindsx

Lindsx

mayb

hi jayneanne funnily enough I was just wondering about the lovely Hercs myself - perhaps they liked it so much they stayed!

Mayb