The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
LalalaKirby

Wii Fit

96 posts in this topic Last Reply

Gaynor
(today's tip is that stress looses weight faster than diet or exercise)

Mm.....but not a tip I would recommend I have to say!!!!

As for the weight losing Wii fit, blimey I think I should get me purse out sooner than I was going to!

Gaynor

LalalaKirby

^_^ Heehee~! Thanks, guys~!

Mayb: Man I know that one well. A few years back I could fully attest to stress helping you lose weight -- in fact my mum found that out too! While she was working some time back she dropped to a size 10!! :welcome2: But of course she also has anxiety, which didn't help anything. People would ask her how she kept herself so trim, and she wanted she could say "Throwing up every morning and getting too stressed to eat" every time.

She's put plenty back on now, and she looks healthier. :wink3:

My ankles appear to not like the jogging very much right now, but that's where I've always got a handy pair of hiking boots hanging around, ice-packs in the freezer, and dunking 'em in water if it gets annoying. I'm wondering if I've got mum's weak tendons as well... I know my brother has.

I'm such a geek when I draw in breath it's with pixels!

mayb

I always fancied myself as a jogger - something all the fit people in America do on films. I was going to take it up when I was older and had more time. I could hardly walk some days lately and jogging is a definate no no. I may reconsider my thoughts regarding the Wii fit as it would be a safe way of experimenting as to how far your body is prepared to go before trying it out for real. How long before these are sold for next to nothing on ebay I wonder.

Mayb

goonasi

This wii fit is sounding even better. Its on the shopping list - hmm sod it should be buying one this weekend

[b]Keep Well
Simon x[/b]

Hezza

I've found it's a great cure for the blues too - watched my hubby playing the Hula Hoop game on Saturday and nearly wet myself laughing at him :war:

He was pulling some amazing faces :cowboy:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Gaynor

Well I've bought it and we had a go last night. Very funny and Tim wanted to get his 'Mii' loking like himself. Have you seen how many eyebrows and other options you have to choose from?.....you can come up with some really ugly distorted looks!!! :lolsign:

Gaynor

mayb

Gaynor are you trying to say your Tim is ugly and distorted or did I just read that wrong - or maybe that was only after he had tried the wii? :hehehe::thumbsup:

Mayb

Gaynor

:thumbsup: no he was trying to get it to look most handsome as he believes he is :hehehe::rant:

Gaynor

Michelle

Exactly what Andrew did - even down to his freckles :thumbsup: and glasses :rofl3:

Mish x

Hezza

We've actually got Mr & Mrs Ugly on ours :thumbsup:

A friend and I got to work one evening and made two Miis who were as weird looking as possible....I think some gin may have been involved to get our creative juices flowing :rofl3:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

LalalaKirby

:heartraining: Making the strangest miis possible is so fun sometimes... Next time me and my friends gather we'll have to do that again. We did come up with something called 'Freaky T', but we're not sure anyone has it anymore. Oh well~!

Its been a month since I got Wii Fit, now. I got it on 26th of April, and weighed... well, a hefty amount. In that time, I have gone from a size 18-20 waist to a comfortable size 16, and lost 17-18 lbs. I intend to go further :blonde:

I'm also rather pleased because a week before I started, my friends began going to the gym, as a weekly routine. From what I've heard, they've not lost much, though they haven't gained, either. But as one of them said a week or so ago: I'm winning. XD

Gaynor

Excellent re the weight loss! :tongue2:

Well done you!

Gaynor

mayb

That is brilliant news and you must be very pleased and proud of yourself too.

I have been following some of these on ebay and found people paying far more than they would have to if they went to Argos or even Amazon and bought one of the shelf. What is that about I wonder? I have decided to give it a miss until it gets a bit cheaper or people are selling them off because they have bought whatever will replace it this Christmas.

Mayb

Gaynor

Well I know in UK they were in short supply (as usual whenever there's a rush on!) so of course people will buy and pay for them anywhere that they can get them. Silly really as like you are saying all it takes is a little patience and not to go rushing to ebay to pay over the odds.

I've often seen things on ebay costing more than new at the relevant shops - madness!!! :countsheep::cheerleader3:

Gaynor

mayb

I often feel I should send them a private email saying don't do it go to ........................ save a fortune. Somehow I think a sort of madness can take over people on shopping sites. sometimes I am so busy checking out the prices everywhere else I miss the chance to bid. There is usually another one coming right behind. Great fun though for those of you who haven't tried it - go and buy a book you have always wanted or a cd you missed out on years ago - you will be hooked. Then you can start seeing all the stuff you don't want in a new light - money!!

ps if any of you have got tired of your wii I'm right here!! That is a strange sentence don't you think :cheerleader3:

Mayb

LalalaKirby

^_^ Thanks Gaynor, mayb~! I'm definitely happy, though I still intend to lose more. I'm getting into other clothes again now, slowly watching the chub burn away. My brother was talking to meon MSN earlier, and said "Wow, you're really taking this seriously! I never thought I'd see the day!" Cheeky git! Though it's about true -- I'm just so annoyed with myself that it got as far as it did.

;) Heh, if you'd asked that a year ago, mayb, I might have said 'sure'! But I've slowly been getting into the Wii over the past several months, mostly because of the Virtual Console -- its been so nice playing all the titles I haven't seen for years again... And the Wiiware looks quite interesting as well. New games downloaded straight to the Wii, no packaging required. Have to say, I'm looking at Lost Winds and getting rather curious. Of course that's if I actually stop using Wii fit! ^^;;

As for online bidding, I try not to do that unless what I'm bidding on is really rare or not available anywhere. Otherwise I know I'm gonna get ripped off, and I don't dare let that happen. I'm paranoid about getting gyped with something, so I do more shopping and shipping through Amazon, I just think its easier. ^^

Fine
WobblyGreg

I got my wii fit age down to 24 today :cowboy: sorry just had to share that :winkgrin:

Tommorrow be 78 i suppose :wink:

I havent lost weight but wasnt overweight so not worried about that, its good when you beat previous best scores though isnt it?

My BMI IS IDEAL(body mass index)im loving the Wii fit, and it was meant to be my wifes, and i told her not to bother with one :dunno:

Michelle

Well done greg. I don't do wii fit,but I get a buzz for beating my score with word games, and ofcourse beating others too. My other half is quite competitive,so challenges me to online games :cowboy: I guess it keeps the grey matter active. So, yes! I can understand beating best scores.

Steph,

What's 'Lost Winds'? I get quite Knackered (excuse my french) when I have taken up the challenge on wii games, at my daughters. I tell you what gave us a brilliant laugh a few weeks ago, was the X-box 360 'Rock Star'.Not sure if that's the correct name for it. But I was the base guitarist,my daughter was on drums etc,etc. My bladder isn't so good at the best of times,so to say that I nearly peed myself laughing, would be an understatement.

Today I am cross stitching. A much more gentle form of exercise - using my hands :winkgrin:

Michelle :dunno:

Lindyloo

He he he he

Have had sooo much fun with me new Wii...

My friends came around tonight and we had such a laugh.. I only got it yesterday - I was boxing playing bowling, baseball and golf .... My fitness age is WAIT FOR IT!!! 79.... aaaahhh I am only 39..

cant believe its that bad... my arms are really aching...but its a healthy aching not ms... hope i am still able to move tomorrow..

It gets everyone involved... my son (13) loved it... i really recommend it and feel it gets families interacting...

I am looking forward to saving up and getting the Fishing game?? and the Wii fit and the Snooker..

How you all getting on with yours??? I am really looking forward to trying yoga?? any of you tried it?

Must get to bed now... Love ya's Also for got to say

"UP THE MIGHTY RED GUNNERS" Debz i bet Mark was over the moon - what a brilliant match...xxx

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

Gaynor

BE CAREFUL! The aches and pains as a result have a habit of creeping up on you and it HURTS!!!

Good fun tho I agree,

Gaynor

I really must do the yoga and other muscle exercises......but they're not as fun as the games!

debzsanderson

Because it was on at Marks sleep time he sky plused it and I kept winding him up as I knew the result befor him!! I love Wii fit !! I really enjoy the ski jump and ski slalom course. Mark laughs when he hears me screaming and laughing!! My wii fit age is about the same as yours but as they say -"there's always room for improvement"!! My parents are getting me the family fit game with the mat for xmas - should be able to balance better on that!!

debz xx

Mark has PP MS but I am his partner and do the posts as he cant use the computer!!

Lindyloo

oohh my arms hurt today... but not in an ms way.. I can tell the difference..

I will not do the boxing anymore - went a bit to mad at that one and knocked my opponent out in the 1st round ... he he he...

What is the mat for and how do you buy that? Does that come with the wii fit?

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

debzsanderson

the "Family Fit Game" has a mat with the sensors in instead of a board like wii fit.It looks much easier as you are almost flat on the floor.

here is a link to a page that tells you about it!!

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/...cle.php?id=4403

debz xx

Mark has PP MS but I am his partner and do the posts as he cant use the computer!!

Sluggish
Marina

That mat looks fun, has anyone tried it yet and does it take up a load of space?

There's also a new skiing game, "Family Ski", that uses the balance board. I bought it but haven't got round to trying it yet. I don't know if it gets scored by the Fit though.

I also got, wait for it, haha, "Samba De Amigo" where one shakes maracas (remotes or nanchuks) to Samba music.... :sos: haven't tried that one yet either. I just opened it today and took one look at the instructions and wondered if I'll ever work it out :wink:. Probably best not to :dunno: and just switch it on and try it instead :wink: !

What's a shame with these other games is that one can't add scores to one's Fit scores... I know one can add the time spent on an "Activity log" though but somehow it's not quite the same.

I first tried the Wii + Fit in France (Mike's) during Sept/Oct, then got one for myself here. Haven't done that much yet, maybe just 15 days' worth in all. Some of the yoga or muscle ones I can't do to save my life as standing on one leg for any length of time is near nigh on impossible, or the positions can bring on some of my pains. I like being able to unlock a new game though!

By the way, did you know there's a secret "Ultimate Balance Test"? When you're on the training screen that shows you the 4 options for training (on the right) and the piggy on the left, look for a slightly animated balance board above the piggy. Point your remote at it and click. The Ultimate Balance Test will come up.

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Sluggish
Marina

For those who want a bit more of a tougher workout, there will be a new fitness game coming some time in 2009 (available in US but not yet in UK):

Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum

http://wiifitfrenzy.co.uk/wii-fit-games/ji...tness-ultimatum

There's a little video on the link above, and it also says:

in common with the relatively easy going Wii Fit you will be able to monitor your progress via a series of charts which illustrate calories burned and your workout intensity!

I'm guessing it means it will clock scores, but am not sure.

This link http://wiifitfrenzy.co.uk/wii-fit-games tells you what games one can play with the balance board, but not all (if any) clock scores like the Fit does.

Looks like there'll be a new Yoga one coming out in spring too.

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)