The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
LalalaKirby

Wii Fit

96 posts in this topic Last Reply

debzsanderson

I have been bought the family trainer game (the one with the mat!!) for xmas so i'll let you know what its like

debz xx

Mark has PP MS but I am his partner and do the posts as he cant use the computer!!

mayb

What did you give Santa to make him part with that information then debz? :winkgrin:

Mayb

Michelle

I get exhausted just reading all your posts :lolbash:

Lindyloo

:lolbash::hurra:My New wii fit age is 35 - big change from 79

Really enjoying it!! I love the balance games, ski slopes.. my fav is head the ball..

I reckon George Bush has been playing da wii with how well he dodged those shoes?? :love:

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

Jonathan D

I've read about the NHS prescribing more enlightened treatments these days, does anyone know if you could get a Wii or something similar on the NHS?

Jonathan

:winkgrin::lolbash:My New wii fit age is 35 - big change from 79

Really enjoying it!! I love the balance games, ski slopes.. my fav is head the ball..

I reckon George Bush has been playing da wii with how well he dodged those shoes?? :winkgrin:

Michelle

Oh yes! Those shoes :winkgrin: I did laugh,but for all the wrong reasons.

Wii on the nhs. Not as far as I know :winkgrin:

Michelle

Hezza

Resurrecting this thread to share with all you Wii-fitters a new game I have discovered. Not billed as a fitness game but it is exercise and good fun. It's called Just Dance and basically you have to copy dance moves to songs and it scores you.

I decided that since Wii Fit Plus declared my wii fit age to be 25 I'd ignore my cold and have a go this morning. Sooooo much fun - I was dancing around to MC Hammer's "Can't touch this" in my PJs at 7am :hearts_circle:

It didn't think I was very good but I really don't care :boo_hoo:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Michelle
:boo_hoo: Can't touch this :hearts_circle:

Michelle

Just thought. I bet the dogs were looking at you :hearts_circle:

Sleepy
Scully

Just thought I'd chuck my hat in the ring here.

when I went to my Physion 2 weeks ago, they had the Wii Fit and balance board there. It was set up between the rails, and the idea was to tell me how balanced I was...............and I wasn't ! I think it's a great piece of kit, good excercise, good fun, and brings a bit of a mood lift too.

I think, that, as I'm not great outside, it's far batter for me to do the excercising/yoga/balance stuff indoors, where I can't fall over on hard concrete !

Am hoping that we will install one for Christmas, or just after, I'd never of thought of it, unless the Physio Dept hadn't introduced me to it.

I gather they are used in lots of Old Peoples Homes too, for excercise and interaction etc.

Looking forward to it I have to say !

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Christina

I'm getting one for my birthday in a few weeks! Really looking forward to it now, am hoping it will shed a few pounds post xmas!

Chris x :hearts_circle:

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Lindyloo

Good for you Chris - you will love it hun - its one of the best thing s have ever bought and lots of fun ..

I have just bought the newer edition has anyone had a snow ball fight yet ----such a laugh..

Go Girl..

LindyLoo xx

Hezza
Just thought. I bet the dogs were looking at you :lol4:

Yes they were...I am thankful that they can't talk :lol4:

Michelle

I have just become a convert by ordering one as well.

Michelle :hearts:

Christina

You will love it Michelle. I'm on it daily at the moment and it's such a laugh.

Chris x :hearts:

Hezza

Enjoy!

I've set up a workout of Yoga and Muscle exercises which I've been getting back into at the moment. I tend to get pain in my feet when standing on one leg so I ordered a cushioned cover thingy for the balance board which seems to help a little.

:hearts:

Sleepy
Scully

I am waiting for my Wii to be delivered from Amazon, and also the Wii Fit and Balance board.

I guess the snow is holding up deliveries etc.. thank heavens it;s thawing now.

Course, whether I'll be able to figure out how to connect it, find the channel, or get the thing to work is another matter !!

Is it hard to 'plumb in' as it were? or can complete 'techno numpties' like me figure it out please? Any useful tips would be most appreciated, then,m when it finally arrives I will be all Wii'd up !

Thanks Guys

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Christina

It's not hard to connect up. The balance board operates wirelessly and the CD player connects to the back of the TV, then you just need to get the balance board, the remote and the CD player to talk to each other but the instructions explain how to do that.

Good luck, I'm sure you won't regret getting one.

Chris x

Michelle

Omg everyone! I have a wii age or whatever they call it of 62 :flowers2::boobs: The bad news went on and on and on:console::console:

Lindyloo

Mish mine is 49 and i have got it down to 43 now.... good fun isnt it?? Can you have snow ball fights on yours..??

LindyLoo xx

Christina

Michelle

The good news is that your Wii age can change on a daily basis - mine started off in the 60s, my best one to date has been 34, my worst has been 75 but that's cos I didn't understand what I was supposed to do lol! I can have a difference of 20 years on a daily basis depending on what balance test is used! All good fun!! Glad you got yours, I'm just about to do my daily body test - eek!

Chris x :flowers2:

Edited by Christina

Michelle

Phew! Thanks girls.

Lindy,

As of yet I haven't come across any snowballs. I have obviously the wii fit plus,which I doubt will have snowball on?? Wii play,I'm looking at a moo cow at the mo next to a tank,god knows what that's all about :flowers2: and then there the wii sports resort. I wont be doing too much on it today,other than some balance exercises, as my left hand has decided to go numb; i'm doing everything one handed :console: Will be giving neuro sec a ring in the morning, to see if my neuro can advise.

I tell you what. I thrashed Andrew at the fencing last night. It's a brilliant way to get rid of frustration and anger,that's if you have the use of both hands. I wont be up to that tonight,what with only one hand working. I will have to find something of a more gentle pace :boobs:

Ouch! Pain in leg now :console:

Happy wii -ing girls (not sure if that's a word.)

Edited by Michelle

Hezza

I think someone has secretly tampered with my Wii Fit - on Friday, inspite of me wobbling all over the shop and failing to make 30secs on the single leg balance test, it declared that my Wii Fit age was 29 :console: and at some point over Christmas I was 26 :flowers2:

If you have Wii Fit plus then you'll have snowball fighting Mish. It's in the Wii Fit plus games section.

I'm not Wii Fitting today as I've been to my Body Balance (aka Bloody Unbalanced) class at the gym and now am off out for lunch in honour of my MS Anniversary. :console: I know but I think it's a good excuse for a treat :boobs:

Hezza

PS. Hope your hands start to behave again soon Mish. My legs are on a warning for not being as supportive as I believe their Job Description calls for :flowers2:

Christina

I love Snowball fighting - best score to date is 24, so I'm not that great at it, but getting better!

Chris x