The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Guest steviejo1955

OK I Confess. I Am A Chocolate Slut

56 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest steviejo1955

Hi Maybe, my memory is really playing up :lmao: @ present. I forgot to say that nothing ever stops me wanting more chocolate. :hehehe: As my dear old father said "I can resist all things bar temptation :bee: ". Keep well & may all your chocolates be in your mouth :candy" Steviejo :hehehe:

rachy

mmmm ive got my glass of red and my dark choc which im going to melt and dip some bannanas and strawberries in later haha doing it the healthy way lmao !! mmmmmm *licks lips*

Rachy xx

Jayneanne

I tried out this dark chocolate thing last night.

I bought my usual family size in the knowledge that this stuff was good for me. Well it was 'orrible and I had to stuff it all down really fast just to get the taste out of my mouth.

Ned couldnt understand why I had to eat it all if I didnt like it ---- now how daft is that - It's chocoalte isn't it????????

From one slut to many others, I am fussy in my addiction :bee::hehehe:

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

mayb

I expect you have all had the email saying the forum closes tonight for a few days. So in case of small disasters or major tragedyhappening and no forum - I suggest everyone buy in double helpings to see us through - you never know you might break a nail!!! :thumbsup: - must say I am feeling a bit nervous I have just finished all the chocolate ice cream and the last ripple bar went down without touching the sides - not a good day for me today.

Thanks steviejo - I am sorry though, much as I like chocolate, your last recipe was a step to far for me - and it had nothing to do with bambi or his mum.

Today for reasons to mad to discuss (angels came into it somewhere) I decided to dress all in white with pink sparkly slippers and a pink shrug. Got the picture? This was a big mistake - not only did I spill a capucinno down the key board and down everything else, but I managed to drop the tin of dog food (particularly smelly one of tripe and something). This just exploded tripe everywhere when it hit the floor. That and a few other things sent me to the chocolate again - so need to shop as only dark chocolate left - agree with you on that one jayneanne but needs must! As the hands are not co-operating today I may have to eat the wrapper too!! :hairraising:

Mayb

mayb

Just thinking about that idea of puting chocolate on your venison - can some one take me through that - how do you decide that is a good idea! It just wont let me go. :hoop:

It reminds me of the frog (may be a toad) in Mexico that the natives keep in little cages. When they lick their backs (the humans lick the frog's that is) they get a high. So who was it that first thought - look at that frog it just makes me want to lick its back??????? :hairraising::wink3::think: Was that you steviejo? :thumbsup: Give me an elephant any time - and a chocolate one is even better!! Now don't anybody start taking that to mean anything other than the picture explains ok!!

Mayb

Guest steviejo1955
Just thinking about that idea of puting chocolate on your venison - can some one take me through that - how do you decide that is a good idea! It just wont let me go.

It reminds me of the frog (may be a toad) in Mexico that the natives keep in little cages. When they lick their backs (the humans lick the frog's that is) they get a high. So who was it that first thought - look at that frog it just makes me want to lick its back??Was that you Steviejo? Give me an elephant any time - and a chocolate one is even better!! Now don't anybody start taking that to mean anything other than the picture explains OK!!

:pssst: Hi Mayb, I think you may have posted this on the wrong forum :oops: . I thought I was alone being a lot divey, lo & behold I've found a sister. Regards the venison & chocolate. I'm not sure where I got the idea from, I think it was in reading an article by Heston Bloomingthingy. He was going on about chocolate & chilies, also how chocolate & meat was not as wild as it may @ first sound. I just had a little venison in the freezer along with some Divine dark chocolate & thought that might work & boy it sure did. Mind you I also love kippers & marmalade. It is what I call Chitty Chitty Bang Bang food. (Don't ask you will just groan) :headscratch:

As for the :frog: I have seen a documentary on them. Very weird. Even stranger are the monkeys that eat coffee pods & pass the beans in their :shit: . What sort of person then takes out said beans from said Pooh & takes them home, roasts them & grinds them into coffee & drinks it. Even worse some western arses pay top $ far said :moonmonkey::shit: coffee!! & I thought I was weired. Keep well & remember that if your coffee smells s##t, it probably is.. Steviejo.

Vegged Out
Shirl

Hi Mary & Steviejo

I moved these last 2 posts of yours as I think they were really intended for this topic! You can shout at me if I'm wrong.

My chocolate is currently being selected by husband doing the shopping at Lidl and Sainsburys! He'll get the best deal for my fruit & nut fix. :headscratch:

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Guest steviejo1955

Hi Shirl, I'm glad you did. I only found Mayb's post by accident. Enjoy your fruit & nut. How was yesterday? Did you manage to get out? or did you stay in & do some writting? Enjoy the rest of your day. :headscratch: Steviejo.

Vegged Out
Shirl

Hi Steviejo

Lidl won on the cheap but very good chocolate front - and a few other items besides. Always worth a root around in there when you have the time and inclination. Our branch is in local retail park and right near Sainsbugs.

I stayed in yesterday and it was a very bad day, sad to say. I suffer from short term memory loss and cannot say what I was doing for part of the day. Pete came in and found me in a rather odd and distressed state. We both wish he could stay home and care for me but it isn't wholly necessary yet. Pete is having a biopsy on Thursday for possible recurrence of cancer so we are VERY MUCH is dire need of chocolate today and probably every day leading up to Thursday. :headscratch:

Shirley  "one day at a time"

patg
:headscratch: I'm with RachyI love choc and wine, choc and beer and choc and choc. :pssst: Trouble is I'm trying to lose weight! boo hoo! But then that is a constant. :moonmonkey: Pat

mayb

Oh Oh thought I had left weird behaviour behind for a while but obviously not :headscratch: . Glad it was you I muddled posts with stevie as at least you were with meon that one and knew all about it too. :pssst::frog:On subject of weird coffee I didn't think they sold that in our local supermarket - :moonmonkey: then I thought about the taste and have to say own brand probably fits the bill. Now if I can put that in a fancy packet do you think you could find these top dollar merchants on ebay?? :shit:

Mayb

mayb

Hi Shirl I am sure I am not the only one keeping all things crossed for both you and Pete this week so keep that chin up and believe it will be ok. Chocolate has so many pluses and I am sure Lidll can keep pace with you on that one. Try to take it a bit easy right now - the worry is bound to bring on the odd - odd turn. I know I was getting myself in a right state not so long ago with not remembering where I had been and how I had travelled. The doc put it down to stress and for once I have decided to agree with him. So relax by doing whatever you like to do best and put yourself on the right side of a bar of chocolate a day minimum!! We are all with you I'm sure you know. I had two mini mars and a star bar today - and took them straight out of the packet and ate them in the usual way. None of that weird stuff for me it just slows the whole thing down!!

Mayb

Guest steviejo1955

:pssst: :moonmonkey::frog: Cannot type & think for laughing. Mayb, you are like the coffee.....PRICELESS Thanks Steviejo :headscratch:

Guest steviejo1955
Hi Steviejo

Lidl won on the cheap but very good chocolate front - and a few other items besides. Always worth a root around in there when you have the time and inclination. Our branch is in local retail park and right near Sainsbugs.

I stayed in yesterday and it was a very bad day, sad to say. I suffer from short term memory loss and cannot say what I was doing for part of the day. Pete came in and found me in a rather odd and distressed state. We both wish he could stay home and care for me but it isn't wholly necessary yet. Pete is having a biopsy on Thursday for possible recurrence of cancer so we are VERY MUCH is dire need of chocolate today and probably every day leading up to Thursday. :headscratch:

Hi Shirl, Lidl sounds great. Because we have no car & our Lidl's not on a bus route we have to Jamie's shop. Sorry to here about Friday. I managed to go out as planned, however had a memory loss moment as well. Came home & :moonmonkey: for a few hours. I need to do a post on this in another forum as I'm a little concerned. However brain cannot cope with that @ present. Hope all goes well on Thursday. You know that as well as each other & the chocolate, you are never alone. Steviejo :pssst:

Jayneanne

Oh Shirl

I just read your post and my heart goes out to you. Been there, done it recovered and had the all clear a few times but the threat never goes away. The last time Ned took himself off for tests in a couple of his lunch breaks and only told me later when he got the negative results so's not to worry me. A kind and thoughtful sentiment but I was furious. A problem shared, as they say. Fingers crossed they get the results through fast as the wait is the real bummer.

Be thinking of you both on Thursday

Big hugs :headscratch::moonmonkey::pssst:

Jayneanne

rachy

mmmm ive got me a 200g bar of bournville and galaxy hot choc to dip it in mmmm *me bad* :hearts:

A Dark Chocolate a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

Rachy xx

mayb

Nothing like chocolate to beat the blues - can't say I am with you on the dark side rachy but I am on the wrong side of an awful lot of chocolate lately. It is like a life barometer - how many chocolate wrapers in the bin. So far today one large bar of milk choc and nut and one milkyway plus cup of hot chocolate (highlights of course got to watch the calories after all). :hearts:

Mayb

Teen

I've been reading this thread and giggling to myself you guys do make me laugh when I'm not feeling all that happy. Especially StevieJo the Chocolate Slut. You definitely have an extreme form of chocolate addiction (definitely too much coffee too) and doesn't your teeth break when you've eaten a chocolate bar from the freezer? I have visions of you sitting in your kitchen trying to think of new ways to eat chocolate. I have to say though it does sound like fun!

I too like walnut whips. I also like dark chocolate Kitkats. I can manage perhaps one half of a mars duo but definitely not 15!

Well thanks for the laugh and carry on the good work.

Gaynor

Yeh, but now they reckon coffee may be good for MS !

So I'll keep having my one senseo treat a day then..mmmm!! :wink:

Gaynor

As for chocolate I've got some dark and peppermint in the fridge :happy2:

Jayneanne

I can't believe I was drawn to this post when I do not even have a square of cadburys in the house, no car and no money even if I did.

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGH

Jayneanne

Gaynor

Oh nooooooooo JA , that wasn't a good idea :happy2:

stock up I say in times of neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed :wink:

Gaynor

Teen

I couldn't stock up because I would just eat it all in one go I'm hopeless like that, not just with chocolate but any kind of junk food. And I wonder why my belly is getting bigger!!

Comfort Food Eater = Teen :happy2:

Jayneanne

Have to agree there teen, it's not safe to have a stock in cos I'd just eat it all

Jayneanne

mayb

Well jayneanne have you not even got some cocoa or something! I have been known to eat the powder when desperate - nearly chokes you but needs must when the choccy devil drives. :happy2:

I have gone to the lengths of buying a stash and then hiding one of the chocs in my knicker drawer or something. Later (that day!!) when I run out I can go 'find' that one and am so releived its there. How mad is that. :happy2:

I must admit there have been a few days lately when even chocolate doesn't have the answer - now that is truly scary because if chocs don't have the answer I don't want to know what the question is. :wink:

Mayb

Jayneanne

Oh bless Mary, that's not good if chocolate doesnt help you out, although when I eat it I do swing from the euphoria to guilt more and more quickly nowadays.

I do love the idea of hiding bars in yer drawers, but don't forget where I live - could be pretty nasty finding it all melted and runny in my knickers LOL. Plus the fact I would forget where I'd hidden it and have to do manic searches round the house. The fridge/freezer is the only place for me and the will power is zilch, plus the fact Ned would see how much I REALLY eat - oh er!

Funnily enough cocoa doesn't do it for me (and I dont keep it in anyway, only Nesquik for Abbey) what I like is the feel and texture of the square of chocolate in my mouth (there is certainly some deep Freudian significance in that, but lets not go there!). It is almost like a Japanese tea ceremony when I consume my choccie, and woe betide anyone who disturbs me or wants to take a square. What a saddo eh!

Jayneanne