The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
elorac

Just saying hi!

65 posts in this topic Last Reply

elorac
Hi Carole,

Welcome to the forum and I see you've settled in very well already! Yes, I see what you mean about intruding on this thread JA :eggbreak: .....but I'm going to anyway!

Anyway you seem full of beans (unlike me today!) :drink: and I'm sure you'll fit in well with us lot.

Gaynor :welcome2:

Hello Gaynor

Thank you for your welcome and it's a pleasure to be here! :wink3:

I can always be full of beans on paper...even brave!! lol

Look forward to hearing from you again..

Best wishes

Carole x

STILL TRYING TO KEEP IT REAL!

Michelle

Hi Carole and Welcome :welcome2:

Regards

Michelle :wink3:

elorac
Good afternoon Carole (or whenever). Hope it all went it all went well today.

:wink3: First day back after five weeks I know it won't have been easy. What with the mountains of :book: you have to do, specially as you are not firing on all four cylinders. I hope your colleagues are understanding & can take some of the pressure off you :lmao: . However @ the end of the day you

still have the little blighters to teach. :lmao: (I love kids. Specially roasted with a

fresh side salad). One little word of advice,(I hope you do not think I'm being too cheeky) try to keep the stress levels down. I find that when I get stressed I just :hello: & become this different person. :eggbreak: Reading other posts this is common with people with MS. Anyway I hope you have the chance to wind down & relax this evening :welcome2: . :bye: 4 now. Be Strong Enough to Know When to Say No. Steviejo :drink:

Hello Steviejo

Well I survived my first day back! (I think?) ha

It's real good to be back though and am exhausted now (no change there then)

They have been absolutely brilliant about my situation and about 2 years ago I accepted their offer of a different role, with much less paperwork (thats the killer)

So, now I don't have to be marking etc at some unearthly hour of the night...

Nor am I writing the wrong name in the wrong book lol

Stress? What's that???

You are so right...I have found it to be a definate catalyst for a relapse and do my best to stay chilled (not easy..)

Need lots of reminders to say no when it's needed, but I'm learning!!! ha

Hope you're good right now!

Carole x

Heste

Hi Carole,

I pass you and Peter everyday as I commute up and down the A13. I'll have squash please as I don't drink tea or coffee.

I am able to read books but just never have the time. Instead I listen to Audio books in the car. I travel 100 miles a day so I get through them pretty quick. I am just finishing "Blue Horizons" by Wilbur Smith (which I now discover is one of a series and not the first book). I will not recommend it, its full of gore, lust and war...I am totally gripped by it. Like Tony Hancock said, "as soon as I finish reading it I am going to recommend they ban it."

Anyway, welcome aboard and enjoy the forum,

Regards,

John :welcome2:

peter

John Ihave some juice here but im on the A12

:wink3::welcome2:

Carole glad you had a good day at work

Peter

STILL LIVING ( I think )

DXed 2000 PPMS Wheelchair bound

angela

Hi Carole, welcome from me also, great to hear your first day back at work went so well. :welcome2:

Angela

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

elorac
John Ihave some juice here but im on the A12

:wink3::welcome2:

Carole glad you had a good day at work

Peter

Hello Peter

Thank you! I'm glad to have survived it in one piece (ok make that 10 pieces) ha

Hope you're doing okay yourself and have had a good day?

Take good care of you!

Carole x :drink:

elorac
Hi Carole, welcome from me also, great to hear your first day back at work went so well. :welcome2:

Angela

Hello Angela

Thank you so much for your welcome!!

Yes, it's great to be back and feeling traumatised now!! lol

Hope to hear from you again and it's good to be here....

Take good care of you

Carole x

elorac
Hi Carole and Welcome :welcome2:

Regards

Michelle :wink3:

Hello Michelle

Thank you for your welcome!

It's great to be here..

Take good care of you

Carole x

elorac
Hi Carole,

I pass you and Peter everyday as I commute up and down the A13. I'll have squash please as I don't drink tea or coffee.

I am able to read books but just never have the time. Instead I listen to Audio books in the car. I travel 100 miles a day so I get through them pretty quick. I am just finishing "Blue Horizons" by Wilbur Smith (which I now discover is one of a series and not the first book). I will not recommend it, its full of gore, lust and war...I am totally gripped by it. Like Tony Hancock said, "as soon as I finish reading it I am going to recommend they ban it."

Anyway, welcome aboard and enjoy the forum,

Regards,

John :cowboy:

Hello John

Thank you for your welcome and squash it is then!...have you never liked tea or coffee? So you don't dip ya biscuits then? ha

My reading material is either true stories, romance or Martina Cole (say no more).

I don't read scary at all. I read a Stephen King book about a year ago and was too scared to turn the page lol

Hope to hear from you again and take good care of you!

Carole x

peter

Many years ago i use to read science fiction

A book set in england in the future where everything was wonderfull and everythink ran to time

The book was THE RAILWAY TIMETABLE :cowboy::war:

STILL LIVING ( I think )

DXed 2000 PPMS Wheelchair bound

Guest steviejo1955

Hi Carole, really pleased that your first day went well :cowboy: . No doubt it helps when your colleagues & bosses understand & try to make it easier :console: .As the great guru keeps telling us. "Every little helps". Keeping calm is one of the hardest lessons that I'm still learning. I lose it & have more strop-es & arguments when I'm alone! :grrrr: Anyway if it all gets too much there is Peter & his trusty kettle & tea pot. He also does juice. All you need is some ice & John to pop in and it's :partytime: .

Anyway :war: for the rest of the week. Try not to over stretch your self.

Keep well & keep :cool:. Steviejo :nuts:

elorac
Many years ago i use to read science fiction

A book set in england in the future where everything was wonderfull and everythink ran to time

The book was THE RAILWAY TIMETABLE :cowboy::war:

Hello Peter

Lol very funny!

By the way I hope you've got lots of cups...looks like it could be a party :-)

Carole x

elorac
Hi Carole, really pleased that your first day went well :cowboy: . No doubt it helps when your colleagues & bosses understand & try to make it easier :console: .As the great guru keeps telling us. "Every little helps". Keeping calm is one of the hardest lessons that I'm still learning. I lose it & have more strop-es & arguments when I'm alone! :grrrr: Anyway if it all gets too much there is Peter & his trusty kettle & tea pot. He also does juice. All you need is some ice & John to pop in and it's :partytime: .

Anyway :war: for the rest of the week. Try not to over stretch your self.

Keep well & keep :cool:. Steviejo :nuts:

Hello Steviejo

I'm not sure they understand but they have been very supportive...

I am usually calm but have been known to lose the plot (scare myself sometimes)

But a nice cuppa works wonders (kettle going on now!)

Think I'm gonna need all the luck I can get for the rest of the week, so thanks for that!!

My mission (which I've accepted) is to get through the week without too much trauma...(fingers crossed)

Keep well yaself eh?

Carole x

linds

Hi Carole.

Pleased your day ack went ok.....chillax in the evenings. Linda x

Lindsx

elorac
Hi Carole.

Pleased your day ack went ok.....chillax in the evenings. Linda x

Hello Linda

Thank you I'm glad to have made it!!

I usually find that rocking in the corner helps me to relax lol

Take good care of you

Carole x

Vegged Out
Shirl

:cowboy: to the board Carole. I see you've made lots of pals already. What a good start. Really good to have you along with us on this amazing journey that is MS.

Any questions, ask away - any info, please share!

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Heste

Carole wrote:

have you never liked tea or coffee? So you don't dip ya biscuits then?

I love tea and coffee, I used to drink it by the gallon. I was always with a cup in my hand. However, I like it very sweet so use loads of sugar. As my mobility is not very good I needed to carry less weight on my poor unstable legs so I cut the sugar. I can't stand tea or coffee without sugar so I cut them out too.

Then we get onto the bladder issue (this forum does not shrink from such topics). I used to have a coffee in the mornings to wake me up and then get into my car and drive 50 miles. It didn't take me long to realise the advantage of not filling an MS bladder. :war:

Then there is my percular Buddhist stuff. It's a bit extreme but tea and coffee both cause me to crave them and as a good Buddhist I avoid cravings.

I actually replaced tea and coffee with hot squash. Just Robinsons 'no added sugar' squash with boliing water. So I still have a hot drink. I drink far less but still have a cup in my hand. The other advantage of this is that when I get busy at work and my drink gets cold, it doesn't matter. it just becomes cold squash. :cowboy:

As for dipping biscuits: well, I can't say I have tested any in hot squash but I doubt it would be the same.

Well, you did ask :grrrr:

Regards,

John :console:

linds

John you are now addicted to the cup...Linda

Lindsx

elorac
:cowboy: to the board Carole. I see you've made lots of pals already. What a good start. Really good to have you along with us on this amazing journey that is MS.

Any questions, ask away - any info, please share!

Hello Shirl

Thank you for your warm welcome and 'ditto' I'm really glad to be here!!

I can't say I've had enough time to read how things work ie: buddies, boards etc but I'll work it out soon enough...

Take good care

Carole x

elorac
Carole wrote:
have you never liked tea or coffee? So you don't dip ya biscuits then?

I love tea and coffee, I used to drink it by the gallon. I was always with a cup in my hand. However, I like it very sweet so use loads of sugar. As my mobility is not very good I needed to carry less weight on my poor unstable legs so I cut the sugar. I can't stand tea or coffee without sugar so I cut them out too.

Then we get onto the bladder issue (this forum does not shrink from such topics). I used to have a coffee in the mornings to wake me up and then get into my car and drive 50 miles. It didn't take me long to realise the advantage of not filling an MS bladder. :war:

Then there is my percular Buddhist stuff. It's a bit extreme but tea and coffee both cause me to crave them and as a good Buddhist I avoid cravings.

I actually replaced tea and coffee with hot squash. Just Robinsons 'no added sugar' squash with boliing water. So I still have a hot drink. I drink far less but still have a cup in my hand. The other advantage of this is that when I get busy at work and my drink gets cold, it doesn't matter. it just becomes cold squash. :cowboy:

As for dipping biscuits: well, I can't say I have tested any in hot squash but I doubt it would be the same.

Well, you did ask :cool:

Regards,

John :console:

Hello John

As a silent partner for 'tetley' I understand this need to drink it by the gallon...ha

My solution to carrying less weight on my unstable legs is a rucksack..with me in it!

:grrrr: lol

Okay!...now I'm interested!! Buddhist?...Cravings?...None????..at all???? lol

Take good care of you

Carole x

angela
I can't say I've had enough time to read how things work ie: buddies, boards etc but I'll work it out soon enough...

Take good care

Carole x

Hi Carole

I'm still learning, I can't even post a photo yet!

Angela

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

elorac

Take good care

Carole x

Hi Carole

I'm still learning, I can't even post a photo yet!

Angela

Hello Angela

I can't even take a photo yet!!...lol

Hoping you're good!

Carole x

Heste

Carole writes:

Okay!...now I'm interested!! Buddhist?...Cravings?...None????..at all???? lol

Craving and the attachment that follows it is the cause of unhappiness.

So, Carole, what do you teach?

Regards,

John :cowboy:

Heste

Linda writes:

John you are now addicted to the cup...Linda

:cowboy:

Hey, I can give up the cup anytime I want to!

I wonder if they do a "Cupperette": a cup handle that just gives you something to have in your hand while you defeat the cup demon.

Regards,

John :war: