The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
rachy

Heeelp please ..spasms are killing me!

101 posts in this topic Last Reply

Shaz

Hey Rachy,

Hooray for your neuro!! I bet that makes you feel like there is still some hope for the system.

I know it's not the end of your hassles - but it's a big step - and here's hoping that lovely doc does what he says he will.

All the best and sleep tight,

Shaz x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shaz

Hezza

Rachy,

So glad he rang you and here's hoping that a resolution is found. Has he been able to suggest any changes in Meds or any tactics for dealing with the spasms while you wait to see him?

Hope you got a bit more sleep last night :rofl:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

rachy

haha its just gets better .. ive woke up this mornng with a puffy black right eye?? probs no sleep and all the crying ive done.. god i look great lol

suns shining tho maybe i will get out in garden for a while xxx

Rachy xx

linds

Yes Rachy fresh air may helpwith eye. I am going to sit for a while in my garden and watch hubby weed - used to be my job. I try to concentrate on what I can do and not what I can't do now. Lindsx

Lindsx

Gaynor

Well I'm very pleased he rung you like that Rachy.....that's great.

Hope the eye is a bit better now....with a bit of an airing in the nice weather? I've done all my garden today (as hubby's away) so it looks lovely and tidy now .....but I'm knackered! Doin too much that's my problem whenever the mood takes me!!! :welcome2:

Take care and hope today isn't too bad for you in the pain stakes.

Gaynor

Jayneanne

Wow Rachy

missed yesterday's posts and all the goss. How brilliant is that, that you have a real person for a neuro. Lets hope that now he is fully on yer case and gets things moving

WELL DONE YOU :welcome2:

Oh, hope the eye's improved

Big hugs JA

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

Vegged Out
Shirl

Late with my reading of your lovely good news of receiving a call from a doctor who cares - so pleased but hope that eye has had lots of rest and feeling better now, Rachy.

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Teen

Sorry I'm late Rachy, I have just gotten a new computer and reformatted my old one so was unable to read or post messages until now.

I'm sorry that you have been so well but it looks as though they are taking you seriously and will find out what is causing all this. I am glad that the neuro finally called you back to reassure you. He sounds as though he is an approachable man and you will possibly find it easier to talk to him about all this and that he will actually listen to you.

The world needs more of these don't you think.

Let hope that time flies and you get to see him in no time at all. By the way sorry about the shiner, I did it when you were sleeping :welcome2: . I thought it might take your mind of your foot :hearts:

Michelle

Dr L Is a lovely man. Unfortunately he's in high demand, and when we get to these appointment we don't always get to see the main man. My Dr at the Gwent is Dr M, he does all the lectures, and is also a lovely man. He has also given me a call at home. Unfortunately, I don't always get to see him, as he's so busy.

I would suggest sunglasses for those dark eye moments :eep: I have learnt how to dusguise my eyes :welcome2: Doesn't help when I am in a dark coffee shop and can't see. :eep: Mind you! The girls in the coffee shop have seen me cry on more than one occassion. Gawd knows what they think of me - do I care? Nope!

Guess what? I am seeing Dr L's brother sometime in the near future. He is interested in chronic fatique,so I opted to see him to have a chat. But he can think again if he thinks I am taking more meds :lolbash: Dr L's brother is also very nice:hearts: We are so fortunate to have caring dr's.

Keep trucking Rach. When I am more confident with my driving I will come and take you out for a drive. Make sure your well drugged up :blink:

M x

patg
:chickendance: [Dear Rachy, Because I am just an ocassional popper in I haven't been aware of all the too-ing and fro-ing you have had with your spasms etc. It all sounds awfull and I am glad that you did get to talk to your really nice neuro. He sounds like one in a million. I hope that all will be bearable for you until the time when he can sort it out. Till then lots of love Pat :penguinball:

morphinehell

Hi Rachy

Just wanted to know how things are? Can't believe how you've been treated really And should your help come so late after you having to beg and plea! Why oh why is it we all have to cry and fall apart before any help is achieved!!!!!

On a slightly different note My Dr wants to put meon Baclofen Is it any good or just another pill to swallow?

Steve xx

My Dog ATE my signature

rachy

Hey ..not doing too bad today yay!!

Spasms are still there but no where near as bad .. baclofen i think is good for mild spasm but i think my problem was they droped the dose for a few days now im bk on high dose it seems to be working -ish lol

Good luck huni

xx

Rachy xx

rachy

got out and about today with little pain.. went to a few shops but Next clearence store omg i thought i was gonna pass out ..my mum and sister spent an hour in there .. i had to stand outside for air lol

Spasms have gone for now but foot stll numb but hey i can cope with that .... no pain= happy Rachy

Rachy xx

Hezza

Rachy,

So glad that things are improving :eat: just make sure you don't push yourself too hard too soon.

Take care :blush3:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

linds

Great news Rachy lets hope you are on an upward trend, Love Lindsxx Keep shopping Luvvy. xx

Lindsx

Michelle

Good news! It was rather close yesteday.

Michelle :dunno:

Jayneanne

That's brilliant news Rachy I'm so happy for you :dunno:

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

Teen

Glad you're feeling a bit better Rachy. It must be a relief after all that you have gone through.

Take it easy.

rachy

Hey guys sorry i have not been around much lately ive been trying to keep my mind on other things lol bt have pop'd on time to time to see your all ok :welcome2:

Well a few weeks back my foot spasms returned so bk on the high dose of baclofen/deazepam .. This week has been amazing for me my foot is part numb but managing to walk a little on it around the house but ot confident without stick outside...

Went to see neuro today did the usual tests hes happy with how much ive recoverd and thinks the meds are working .. he was going to refer me for steroids but *few* ive got away with it ..

Another thing thats made me happy is that he think it maybe an acute viral infection on the spine that has caused all this and its attacked the central nervous system .. unfortunatley it attacked my bladder quite severe and left me with a neurogenic bladder ...

Hes quite happy that my meds are working and controlling the symptoms hes going to monitor me over the next few months and try to ween me off the deazepam yay!

If i do get another episode i have to let him know and start steroid treatment boooo...

Still in Limboland tho but not so down about it ..i have learnt to take each day as it comes and make the most of the good ones :tongue2::cowboy:

Hope everyones ok :winkgrin:

Rachy xxx

Rachy xx

Vegged Out
Shirl

I am glad your Neuro is working with you Rachy. Also glad your foot is responding to the meds and I know how frustrating it is not being ale to go outdoors independently. I am also housebound this 'summer' - the weather hardly matters but that's a selfish attitude. The only thing I wonder is

Another thing that's made me happy is that he think it maybe an acute viral infection on the spine that has caused all this and its attacked the central nervous system .. unfortunately it attacked my bladder quite severe and left me with a neurogenic bladder ...

Does this ring true with you or is the Neuro hedging his bets, I wonder?

Shirley  "one day at a time"

rachy

Cheers Shirl

Neuro did admit he's guessing at the moment but will keep monitoring me...??

Limboland here i stay lol

Rachy xx

Lindyloo

:welcome2: Hey Rachy

Glad you popped in again...was wondering about you and how you were..glad you are feeling bit better with your foot.... I hope limboland does not last much longer.

Love lindyloo xx

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

rachy

Hey guys how you all doing? I aint been too bad lately had my good days/bad days but coping ok-ish.. :elephant:

Thought id pop in say im still alive hehe!!

Hope you've all missed me.. ;) Ive had time out from the forums to try and keep my mind off it all...

But you wont get rid of me that easily :tongue2:

Rachy xx

Rachy xx

Teen

Glad you're feeling better Rachy. Glad you're still alive too! I don't think anyone would want to get rid of you, not unless you do something very very naughty :elephant:

Shaz

Hi Rachy,

Great to hear from you as I had been wondering why we hadn't heard anything from you. I'm glad to hear you're coping OK and it's really nice to see you back.

I'm flying out on a work trip early hours tomorrow morning but just wanted to welcome you back before I go to sleep.

Awra best,

Shaz x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shaz