The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
crispy

Mass Sign in Again

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

crispy

Hi all, :howdy:

Every time I see the 'Mass Sign in Again' entry in the Diary, when I'm checking for new posts, I always read it as Miss Saigon. I'm obviously so obsessed with the show, that it plays a big part in what I see and read.

I've been meaning to make the point for weeks now, but I see the record has been broken today, so things are really looking up. :wink2::nodding::cheerleader::headscratch:

Take care all, :crutch:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

angela

:headscratch: Chris P

Can't comment on the Mass Sign In Again and Miss Saigon as

I havn't seen the show but I did notice the record had been

broken today so it's looking really good for nsxt month :wink2:

take care bfn Angela

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

dawney-t

Coo - err, I only just realised that there'd been 13 members on-line today. :headscratch: Brilliant. Unlucky for some though, so we'd better try and get the record broken again very soon.

Anyone heard anything from Shirley or Ann lately? They don't seem to have been around for a while.

Take care all.

Love Dawn xx

:wink2:

MS diagnosed May 2004, PPMS diagnosed July 2004

crispy

Hi Angela, hi Dawn, :wink2::headscratch:

Good to hear from you both - I hope you're as well as...

It's good that our new members have pushed us over the record, and all without any effort on our parts.

I have nothing to report on either Ann or Shirley, hopefully they are ok.

Keep smiling all, :cheerleader:

All the best,

Chris P

ddgorgeous

Angela, Dawn and Chris,

I was having a nosey again and refreshed the screen at 12.53 am this morning guess what it said......................'most members ever online was 14 at 12.59pm yesterday' so it is looking quite good for February 11.

No news from Anne or Shirley, I know 'Hils' is away travelling in Fiji just now on holiday, probably for another ten days or so, all that sunshine must be shocking!

How about this: Ages ago Marina sent me a mail asking if I had any thoughts for improving the site, I don't remeber ever getting around to replying unfortunately, but one thing Marina did mention that I think would help a lot is a link, or button on the front page of the MS Trust website. As it is, it is inside and it really is only if one knows where to look in the 'interactive' section, one will find it. I am sure a link saying this is here would help in increasing the membership and visitors to this site. Possibly some of the newer members will be of more assistance with this with how they found the site, maybe they received a link to it, or maybe they were just having a nosey around MS sites, there does appear to be plenty of MS sites, especially geared more towards the USA, this is a lot quieter than some of them, but in many ways a lot more informative. What does anyone else think?

Take care and best wishes,

Ron :wink2:

ppms, dx 2001

crispy

Hi Ron, :cheerleader:

think would help a lot is a link, or button on the front page of the MS Trust website. As it is, it is inside and it really is only if one knows where to look in the 'interactive' section, one will find it.

I agree Ron. It's good that there is now a link on the site, but I knew it was there and it took me five minutes to find it. :wink2: Looking at the Trust site again, if I didn't already know about the forum, I'd never spend much time there. For anyone that already knows they have MS, the Home page is not going to grab anyones interest. Perhaps we ought to think of some ideas that may help the Trust site to attract more visitors who stay around longer than a couple of minutes.

:headscratch:

All the best,

Chris P

angela

Hi Chris,Dawn and Ron,

Just to say got our group meeting on Saturday so I might see Ann there,

14 on line somebody must have been watching Dawn ! take care all

:wink2: fn Angela

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

ddgorgeous

Angela,

I hope all is well with you.

If you see Anne at your meeting over the weekend then please pass on my regards, her stories about string etc are missed and it would be great to see her posting again.

ppms, dx 2001

Sluggish
Marina

Hi Ron

Firstly, thank you all for your kind comments on the format of this forum :wink2:

one thing Marina did mention that I think would help a lot is a link, or button on the front page of the MS Trust website.

Ah... what I'd said was that the MS Trust was very kindly going to add a link to the Forum (which they did, thank you Simon :-)), but I'm afraid I don't think I said it would be on the front page... I will, however, pass your comments onto Simon. Do bear in mind though, that this doesn't mean anything will change in that respect, as it's ultimately up to the Trust as to where they put their content and links etc.

As for how to get the word out re the Forum so's more people can hopefully join in - I'm still stuck for ideas... I'm not involved in any other MS communities, so it's not as if I can mention it to any other MS'ers as I only know those here and on the mailing list. If anybody knows of any MS related websites that list links to other sites and forums and where it might be useful for me to ask for a reciprocal link, please let me know by email or PM, thanks!

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

ddgorgeous

Marina,

Humble apologies, I misread the mail or post you made about a link on the front page of the MS Trust website.

I originally saw the MS Trust site advertised in the waiting area of the local Physiotherapist's office. One of the problems we appear to have up here is the lack of people who have the internet. I am sure that will change in time.

To approach MSers through other MS meetings might be a problem, it could be seen as a conflict of interest, I will certainly tread with caution there. At our monthly meeting of the MS Society, I am the only one within employable age and the only one with internet access, to bring anything 'new' to the table is not very well received at times.

Possibly a flyer/poster or something similar in neutral areas like doctor's surgeries might be a way forward with this.

I hope this assists in some way.

ppms, dx 2001

Sluggish
Marina

No problem Ron, no apologies needed... :wink2:

To approach MSers through other MS meetings might be a problem, it could be seen as a conflict of interest, I will certainly tread with caution there.

I agree with you entirely on that point...

I too wondered about flyers or postcards etc in neutral places such doctors' surgeries etc. I wouldn't go putting them in shop windows etc though, as who knows what weirdo's we might end up with :cheerleader:

All thoughts are muchly appreciated though! :headscratch:

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Simon

Thanks for people's comments about the MS Trust website. I'm one of the Info Officer's for the Trust and have a role in looking after the site.

We are very aware that our site - as is quite common on the internet - is designed around the needs of the people presenting the information rather than in terms of those who might be using it. The site is rather 'MS Trust' and tries to be all things to all people.

Over the coming months, we shall be reviewing the site in an attempt to address this problem in an attempt to make it easier for people to use it as a pwms' MS Trust website, or a health professioanl's or a fundraiser's, etc.

If people don't mind us doing so, it would help us no end to occasionally run ideas past the Forum to see what people think and to help us make the site as user friendly as we can.

Thanks

We also have a readers' panel, which acts as a pool of people we can call on as reviewers when producing new literature. This involves us sending usually no more than a couple of items a year and asking for comments. At the moment we are particulalrly looking for people with MS who are the parents of teenagers. If you would like to volunteer for the Panel, please contact lynn.fox@mstrust.org.uk

Again, thanks

Simon

ps - For now, I'll tweak the Home page to at least make mention of the interactive pages of the site.