The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Lindyloo

Hurrah Footballs back

108 posts in this topic Last Reply

Lindyloo

Absoulutely delighted the football is back next weekend....

Anyone else share my passion?? I love Arsenal and the Premiership, Champions league, FA Cup..

Reeeeaallllly hope we win some cups this season... yipppppppeeeeeee

Love Lindyloo xx :love::stars:

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

Michelle

Did football ever go away? I support Chelsea myself. Andrew,my other half supports Everton. I had to wait to get on the pute pc this morning as Andrew was getting ready for his Times online footie. OMG! I mean 7.30 and checking to see what footballer was doing what???? Madness! :love:

Michelle :stars:

debzsanderson

For me football is a blessing!! Mark supports Arsenal and it's the one thing that makes him happy so maybe he will start to cheer up a bit and life for me will get easier as well.

Debz xx

Mark has PP MS but I am his partner and do the posts as he cant use the computer!!

Michelle

Arsenal won last night. I bet Mark is very happy>

Michelle :stars:

Vegged Out
Shirl

My beloved Chelsea are playing my family's home team of Pompey on Sunday - I have NO divided loyalties. Hey, M, are you & Andrew up for a trip to the disabled part of Chelsea one day? We hope to do it this season - must send in my name. Do you subscribe to the e-newsletter?

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Lindyloo

Hi everyone :clap2: Yes Arsenal won last night.... :hooray:

Debs .. glad Marks an Arsenal fan 2... When Thierry Henry left for Barcelona i was so upset... I thought we would be crap without him... but thankfully i was sooooo wrong.. We have a side of little belters..

My hubby Conor is a Liverpool fan.. He wont watch the matchs with me in the same room as we nearly kill each other (in the nicest way of course). :lolbash:

I shout and roar at the tv and my heart nearly stops but its the bestest feeling...I often dream i am lifting the Champions league cup ... feeling the glory ... he he he My favourite all time player for Arsenal was Dennis Berkamp... wow ... his goals were superb!! and Tony Adams ... sorry for going on..

:hearts:

I see Frank Lampard is staying ...bet all u Chelsea fans will be sweet about that... Hes a great player..

I reckon Liverpool will do well now they have Irelands Robbie Keane to link up with Torres...

Shirl ... glad to see you back we really missed you..I wish you well soon... I have my disabled pass for Highbury , i have not changed it over to the Emirates yet..

I have to apply for games 6wks prior a match- and i get to bring a helper (the hubby)..

If you want to apply to Chelsea have a look at their website or give the stadium a call Re; Disabled season ticket holders.. .... :wink:

Wellard the dog is going to die in eastenders tomorrow night.. woof woof ahhhh

She has been in the show for 14 yrs... Very clever doggy :dog:

Love Lindyloo

LindyLoo xx

Vegged Out
Shirl

Typically, the year has raced by and it's too late to register for disabled membership at Chelsea now. And I meant to do it! Must put a note in diary for next year!

Michelle

Shirl,

How much was the pass? As you know, me being welsh I tend to be more a rugby fan, than a football fan. I just didn't have the money for a pass to go and see the beloved Dragons play,what with having to fork out money towards my adaptions to the car. At least I can pop over for the occassional game,so won't be too bad.

Michelle :hearts:

Jayneanne

OMG I cant believe you have a post completely dedicated to Football, you load of saddos

:hearts::lolbash::hooray::clap2: :wink: :dog:

Jayneanne

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give

Michelle
:bashfish:

Lindyloo

HE HE HE :bashfish::hearts:

Mish just to let you know I did nt have to pay for Disabled pass for Arsenal... its free and so are the games...I think the helper has to pay for some fee though..not much..

I have a pass like a hole in the wall card with my picture and ID no. i have to say they really look after us... they even have special seating for people with poor visability.

Shirl please dont think you have to wait until next season... Im sure you can register anytime..

By the way does any of you eat Walkers crisps?? (Mmmmmmm) well There is a competion on at the moment to come up with a new flavour packet of crisps.... Gary linekar is running it.. well get your thinking caps on? get the kids involved coz the winner gets 64,000

LindyLoo xx

Vegged Out
Shirl

Thanks Lindyloo, but the website is posting that disabled registration is closed for this season. I'll call them on Monday and check it out. Chelsea runs a ticket rota system and the carer goes in free. Parking is limited but there's an NCP fairly close by. We'd make a day of it and eat there etc. A real treat time but may have to be next season.

debzsanderson

thank goodness for Sky+ !!

Arsenal are live this afternoon and Mark needs to have a sleep in the afternoon so he is recording the match and watching it later this afternoon!!

(already been told that I MUST NOT TELL HIM THE RESULTS OR HAVE THE SPORTS CHANNEL ON WHEN HE GETS UP!!)

I am looking forward to X Factor starting tonight!!

Debz xx

Mark has PP MS but I am his partner and do the posts as he cant use the computer!!

Vegged Out
Shirl

And PLEASE no one is to text or email me or shout at me the results for Chelsea tomorrow afternoon as we feel it essential I get taken out of the flat for a while during the day. So will be watching the match on our Sky+ box later on!

Really glad Mark has the footie to get excited about Debs and that you have X Factor. We all need these switch off release valves.

debzsanderson

Arsenal Won so Mark is reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy happy!! (now if I can arrange for them to win every week.......................... :lolsign:

Debz xx

liddy

Hi Shirl and everyone,

Haven't been on for a while as adjusting to my new life :lolsign: but also glad the footie season is back with us and even happier to tell you that Im off to Wigan next Sunday to see CHELSEA!!

Its the first time Ive ever seen them so Im like soooo excited!!

Hope I can compose myself when I see John Terry in the flesh! :lolbash: (Oh, and I hope they win tomorrow too!)

Vegged Out
Shirl

:lolsign:I am not jealous

I am NOT jealous

I AM not jealous

I am VERY jealous:lolbash:

John Terry is my namesake, like a son to me! Maiden name = Terry, that's the only connection but I can dream. Enjoy every minute and please share with us/me afterwards. Lovely to see you back here, Liddy, and I hope the adjustments are going well for you.

Lindyloo

WOW LIDDY.... You must be sooooooooooo excited......I feel your feeling its wicked aint it?????? I reckon Chelsea will do well this season... I was up for you south Londoners for the Champions league final... you poor things... felt sooooo sorry for john Terry... I remember when Barcelona put us out of the CL finale...ouch it hurt...

Debs ....I aint got sky plus but im going to get it...i had to listen to match on radio earlier today... I have cable tv and they keep saying we are going digital but it aint happening for another couple of months... The winter is long and its so great to watch games mid week but as i dont have sky i miss alot of games..

I bet Mark is thrilled our new striker Nasri scored his first goal... Yipeee ... i will watch Match of the Day tonight... I reckon Theo Walcott will play a blinder this season.... I pray...

Hope you enjoy X Factor...

love lindyloo xx

LindyLoo xx

liddy

Chelsea 4-0!!!! :penguinball::you-rock::boo:

Brilliant! Hope they do as well next week when Im there watching!

Vegged Out
Shirl

Am over the moon! :partytime:

Lindyloo
JA I thought the same thing ha ha

You dont know what you are missing.... :penguinball:

Liddy, Shirl bet you are SMILING TODAY ... Great match.... Liddy I reeeeaaaaaalllllly hope you have a great time next weekend... Wish i did not have to travel so far for matchs... I grew up in North London and ended up in Ireland so its hard to get over now.. with booking flights etc..

Love Lindyloo

LindyLoo xx

Lindyloo

Have not got my sky installed yet... have to listen to Arsenal/Fulham

match on radio... :cheerleader3: .....Hate listening on the radio...its not the same....Fulham have just scored :hearts:

Not to happy about that!! ! :cheerleader3:

Its raining again guys... never stops..

c'mon Arsenal

LindyLoo xx

debzsanderson

Hi Lindyloo

Hope you get your Sky in soon - Mark has cheered up no end since the football restarted. Come on the Gooners!!

Debz xx

Lindyloo

Aww Debs & Mark gutted we lost today.... :hearts::cheerleader3:

Hope Mark aint 2 disapointed... just a wee blip....

Cant wait to get Sky...

Newcastle next week!! Hope to do much better..

Hope you enjoyed x factor Debs... he he he

love

lindyloo xx

LindyLoo xx