The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Lindyloo

Hurrah Footballs back

108 posts in this topic Last Reply

Michelle

I see my beloved Chelsea are playing Cardiff. I was hoping the game would have been in Cardiff,but alas that isn't the case. I hope Cardiff give Chelsea a run for their money. Of course I still want Chelsea to win.

M x

Watch out for the rugby topics that will soon be appearing.

Lindyloo

Michelle .... WELL DONE great result for Cardiff.. :lol2:

Look forward to you starting the rugby - i dont know too much about it... only here in Ireland its very popular..

I cant wait for the world cup - I hope the weather is nice... and i can put my tv lookin out the kitchen window and watch from the garden.... ooohhh hope its not P-----g down rain... LOL :treadmill3:

Edited by Lindyloo

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

ptlike
Well you were very unlucky Peter...Leeds are a great wee team and played a blinder the other day.. i hope to see them back up in the Premiership some day... I hope they hammer Spurs in 9 days time..hehehe

Hi Lindy gooner fan

You never know Leeds might beat Spurs but I would rather Leeds got promoted. Gotta admit Mr Wenger is a superb manager.

Best wishes

Peter

Michelle
:treadmill3: Lindy

Mazz

The Stoke match was only a FA match so my OH wasn't bothered about that. No biggy. :treadmill3: Anyways Lindy.....advice needed. I want to get tickets for Emirates for his 40th in March and not sure which match to try and book. Choice is Hull, West Ham, Birmingham, Man City or a UEFA match against FC Porto. Which would you think would be the biggest/best match????? xx

Mazz x

Mazz

sorry forget Hull and Birmingham...they're away matches. DOH! So West Ham, Porto, Man City oh or Burnley....they are playing on his bday.

Mazz x

Michelle

Nearly forgot. I didn't see the final score for Cardiff. It was 4-0 when I saw something on Sky Sports. We didn't get to watch much tv last night, as Rachael needed some help with the twins. So Andrew and I were over there watching Childrens Evening TV. Iggle Piggle to name but a few :treadmill3:

Lindyloo

Hi Mazz WOW what a lovely surprise....If it were me i would love to go to Manc City or Porto..

Manc City will be a great game as they have history with us - owing to the Adebayor scandal etc plus manc city is a good side and i defo wouldnt miss it on tv... some great players on both teams... and will be a brill game... also i hope we hammer them hahaha.. and we get a hat trick and adebayor misses a peno hahaha

FC Porto will be a brilliant match too and its a very important match as it been champions league and this is one cup we have never won and are dying to win... to win this match will bring us a step closer to lifting the cup we so desperately want to win... Go Arsenal... This match will more than likely be an night fixture.. kick off 7.45pm..

Let me know what you choose hun

Love Lindyxxxxxxxx

LindyLoo xx

Lindyloo

Sorry Mazz

I would choose West Ham 2nd or 3rd choice as its a London Derby and should be a great game also.. But West Ham are at bottom of table or close to it.. but because its a derby these matches are alway really good..

Love Lindyxx will probably be a day match also xx

LindyLoo xx

Mazz

Thanks Lindy. I think I might try and get the Man City one. That's not till April and as a red level member you can only buy tickets from a month before so I hope I manage to get some! Will let you know! :hugs2:

Mazz x

Lindyloo

Thats great Mazz...hope you get them..

What a disastrous game for the Gunners last sunday - OMG i was mortified - out in the pub surrounded my manu fans and they hammered us. Aaaahhhh...shivel up and die or what??

Next CHelsea eh?? Maybe sum one will have done a ' bobbitt on JT' the stinking rat hahahaha....

LindyLoo xx

Michelle

Oh, yes! Sunday we are on for a game aren't we? :hearts_circle: I enjoyed the Leeds game last night - really sorry that they lost. As for JT... I hope they don't take away his crown jewles just yet.

:love:

Michelle

Lindyloo

hey Mish - sunday the day cant wait... actually i hope last sunday was just a big blip for us..

I would like to see JT step down and not be England captain anymore...has to have team players respect...looking at Man City players the other night what the slogan s said on their shirts ...said it all...

Stephen Gerard for captain or Wayne Rooney???

Love Lindyxxxx

LindyLoo xx

Michelle

I would like to see JT step down too,but not because of his affair. I'm just wondering whether is mind would be fully on the game. I was litening to some lady sports expert the other morning,who stated that JT's affair would not be a problem, or interfere with football decisions in most other countries. Maybe this will be the case when the boys in power make their decisions.

If JT is replaced for the world cup my first choice would be Rooney.

Six Nations start tomorrow with England v Wales. There will be fun in our homw what with Andrew being English, and me of course being Welsh. Bring it on.... :crazy:

:lmao2:

Michelle

Lindyloo

Oooh Michelle... be some fun in your house alrite..LOL wish i was a fly on your wall....

Ireland play tomorrow too...

I would love to kick JT up the arse LOL... what a shite thing to do to his team mate.....lack of respect... I think its been acknowledged only because he 'had it off' with his team mates partner...tut tut.. otherwise i dont think football fans and other players would give a damn who he had a fling with...

Go Rooney or Gerrard to be the England Captain..

Hugs hun and look forward to your match tomorrow - I will be on the fence as i am originally a Londoner..LOL (london/irish)

Lindyxxxxxxxxx

LindyLoo xx

happyandy

Lindyloo,

I agree, most men have a moral code, they don't sleep with a mates, girlfriend, sister or mother. In Wayne Rooneys case we can add grandmother. I really wonder what women see in the multi-millionare JT ?

I noticed they have replaced JT with Rio. Wasn't he banned for a dope test thingy ?

Im glad Im Scottish, when you hear that there is a scandal up here, we know it will involve drink and either rowing boats or missing the team bus.

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

Lindyloo

Hahaha i agree Andy - re the missed the bus and boats scandal.... but do you remember 'our' scandal at the China/ korea world cup ... Not enough footballs at the allocated training ground and no proper kit and the ground too hard ( yeah right) .... Roy Keane did a runner!!

Fecked off home to Ireland and left us all praying to the Leprachauns to help us...What a Prat!! :crazy:

Yeah you are right about Rio Ferdinand...,, disagree with the choice here... he didnt show up for a routine blood drug testing test... Only last week he was suspended for 3 games for violent conduct..I think he should have picked Stevie Gerrard a great role model for kids........ even if he did bash up a DJ in a nite club ha ha ha

Nite nite guys & gals

Good luck tomorrow Mish!

Lindyxx

LindyLoo xx

Michelle

I have just read that England have drawn Wales In group G of the world cup. Ouch! If whats is face Giggs plays I doubt very much that Wales will win. I have always felt that he plays much better for Man U than he does for Wales. God helps us! :love:

Edited by Michelle

Lindyloo

Hi Michelle

Yes heard the draw today but its the Euro 2012 championship not the world cup thats this June... Granda Giggs will long have retired anyway in 2012.hahhaa

England are the only team through to World cup 2010.... Scotland,Wales,Rep Ireland did not make it... the french Thierry Henry made sure we were out... OUCH! Cheat!! :love:

Aaron Ramsey who plays for Arsenal and is a Welch International player... bet he will play then and will be much more experiened..

He is a great player..

Well done today Mish for beating us... Went to the same bar to as last week and sat in the same seat , watched the same tv.. and i feel like i scudded myself with the bad luck from the manu match last week..

OMG we now play Liverpool on Wednesday night... Conor will watch it in a different room than me... hahahaha I dont know whats happening to us, as we have played so well all season... we played great but couldnt score and we had most of the ball possession... so frustrating..

Will go hang my Fabregas shirt up ..

xxxx

LindyLoo xx

Michelle

There's so many cups,cups for this and cups for that...I get in a muddle :love: Andrew laughed over tea when I mentioned Wales v England in the world cup :rofl: He said, Don't you mean the European Champ ? Ha, At least I got the word "cup" right :rofl: They win a cup right?

Yes! Chelsea wwere on form. Thought JT could have dropped the; beat my chest I'm a gorilla look.

Think I will retire for the night. Still can't find my reading glasses...I bet I have thrown them in the bin or put them in the freezer :damneuro:

Night all x

Lindyloo

Mish ... hope you find your glasses... hope y ou are not like me and put them in a really mad place where you will never think to look...

We lost the remote control to the tv a coulple of years ago. .. we ripped the house apart searching...in the end i had to buy another one..

1 week later i found the damn thing in the hot press amongst the towels...hehehehe :love:

LindyLoo xx

Michelle

Nope! Can't find them. They went wakabouts a few weeks ago and I couldn't find them for ages. Now they have done it again. I'm going to have to pay a visit tp my optician asap. Trust me!

Mwah

angela

Hi Mish

I solved that problem by having three pairs of reading glasses, I went to Specsavers for my usual eye test, needed both distance and reading glasses, so I had my reading glasses as the free pair then bought an extra pair of reading glasses and of course I had the second pair free.

I now have a pair in the front room by my PC another in my bedroom by my laptop and the third in the bag I take out with me.

I'm down to two pairs at the moment though as the lens came out of one pair last Friday, and I keep forgetting to take them to Specsavers,(which I pass nearly every day) to have it put back in,(oh the joys of having ms)!

Angela :censored:

PS I've just had to go and get my pair from the front room as I have just dropped the pair I was using on the floor out of reach and waiting for my carer to pick them up for me when she comes later.

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

Michelle

Angela,

What about one of those grabber things? Or are you unable to use one? x BTW! Good idea about the free pair of glasses. I always have my eyes tested with SS. x

angela

Hi Mich

I have several grabbers around the bungalow, but I was lying on my bed, they had gone out of reach of the grabber, and there is no room to get my wheelchair round the other side of the bed. Since moving to this bungalow my falls are at a minimum, so I wasn't going to risk overstretching and falling off the bed!

I keep meaning to ask you how your daughter's pregnancy is going? Harriet is now 30 weeks, and looking quite well. I'm looking very forward and getting quite excited about my first granddaughter, :hearts: my spare room is getting to look like a nursery, and costing me a fortune. :love:

Angela :hearts_circle:

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.