The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
rachy

*New Symptom*

22 posts in this topic Last Reply

rachy

Hi guys

Just as things were on the up... :hearts:

..Sunday it all started with spasms/cramp in my legs but just ignored it and put up with it..by monday it was just like a wierd buzz/tingling sensation..Woke up this morning and my leg has gone numbish from foot to knee but above knee to bum its burning? Also getting spasms in right side of bum... Back of my leg is buzzing like mad too .. I can walk but im almost dragging my foot as its heavy and spongey...I went to GP and she rang my Neuro's secratary to report it but my Neuro aint in until tomorrow afternoon. I am taking baclofen and have been advised to increase the dose again also been given deaepam again grrr i come off it once but if it helps i will take anything ... My GP aint happy so she is writing again to Neuro explaining that tests are needed asap as ive been waiting paitently for ages ..Anyone else experience this and can advise?

Thanks

Rachy xxxxxxxx

Rachy xx

clare

hi hun

yep from time to time i get this too its like having buzzing bees in your feet (thats how i put it)

i ofter get burning in my legs going up to my waist

kf-hamster

:hearts:

I hope you are feeling better soon.

I experience a much less extreme version of this and can sympathise with the pins and needles and burning sensation in your legs.

Just wanted to send you support as I know even my symptoms are scary and you sound like you are having a rough time of it.

All the best

KF

rachy

Cheers all xx

Still no difference .. last night was awful for cramp.. i felt like i had a knife stuck in my leg.. the muscles went so tight you could see the skin stretching and my foot went blue ouch! Still waiting to hear off neuro i rand secratary again to remind her ... im so scared i just feel like im guessing on my meds etc.. i dont feel very supported by the medical team

Rachy x

Rachy xx

Hezza

Oh Rachy sending you huge (((HUGS)))

I can't suggest anything else to help but just wanted to lend my support. Hope you hear from that Neuro asap :nuts:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Gaynor

Oh dear, you don't get much of a rest from pains and symptoms do you? I'm sorry - I hope you feel a wee bit improved soon,

Gaynor :nuts:

debzsanderson

hope you feel better very soon

debz xx

Mark has PP MS but I am his partner and do the posts as he cant use the computer!!

rachy

Your all so kind.. without you guys id be cracking up!

Rachy xx

rachy

Just had a call off Neuro hes increased my meds again and is pushing for my LP asap .. he says he has been waiting for me to call with another relapse .. he says it was expected .? He also says he dont believe its a viral infection of the spine as he first suspected..

He was so lovely and has made me feel allot better about things.

Cheers again guys xx

Rachy xx

Hezza

Glad he contacted you and has helped you to feel a bit better and more supported. I hope the increased meds do the trick and that the appointment doesn't take long to come through. :welcome:

Gaynor

Oh well that's good and at least you can feel reassured...if you know what I mean (!) ....after that conversation.

Let's hope you get the LP soon then,

Gaynor

Michelle

I was going to say about not feeling supported. As Dr L if you're still under him? is such a fab neuro. I do hope this LP will be asap. I think it's long over due.

Good Luck sweetie x

Michelle :welcome:

rachy
I was going to say about not feeling supported. As Dr L if you're still under him? is such a fab neuro. I do hope this LP will be asap. I think it's long over due.

Good Luck sweetie x

Michelle :welcome:

Yes huni still under Dr L but last few visits i have seen his team and not found them to be useful.. felt really unsupported .. but Dr L rang last night and put my mind at ease ..

Cheers Mish your a star...

Still no change im on 2 crutches now due to falling over my foot just on the one lol oops!

Will keep you updated

Hope your all well

xxx

Rachy xx

mayb

Sorry to hear about the latest probs rachy. Not sure if it si reassuring but you do sound as if you have a similar thing that I experience with my foot and leg - including the burning sensations. This all started a couple of years back now with a set back when I couldn't walk at all for a couple of days and it took many months to recover and then it all started again. I still have no diagnosis although I have had an LP now but no result. At first the neuro thought I had a pinched nerve in my spine. I have upped doses of gabapentin to avoid cramps and someone on here sugested that amytryptolyn helps with those too. The cramps have stopped since I upped the dose. After all this time my foot is still totally numb feeling with pins and needles thrown in - spongy sort of describes it. Not much help perhaps but after a while I just got used to that being the way my foot is. I do have to be careful of balance and falling at the moment since a more recent setback.

I think I am in love with your neuro as he sounds so nice - I cannot imagine mine being so caring and I am sure he will sort you out quick time. Try not to worry it will get better than it is now I'm sure. I was advised to try to swim every day. I can only manage once a week but it is a great help to keep that leg moving. I do hope that things get better very quickly for you and send all best wishes I can muster to make that happen.

:welcome:

Mayb

Lindyloo

:welcome: Hi Rachey

Firstly hope you had a nice birthday...

i have had those symptoms before and yes it is scarey... but it will settle down..

keep chasing your appts... i pray you get some anwsers soon sweetie..

If you can please rest as much as you can.... Yesterday my arms were killing me, aching and really tight and my hands all tingly .... i thought omigawd here we go again...

But.. thank god it has settled down again.... my symptoms tend to move about and can last a real short time and then another time take ages to go... But Rachey get your legs up gal and chill as much as possible..

Thinking of you and sending you big big healing hugs!!!

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

rachy

Ouch Ouch Ouch!!!

Had a fantastic fall down the stairs ..thought my foot was on the step but guess what .. yes you guessed it lost my balance and landed face 1st.. got lovely carpet burns lol so you can imagine the jokes :welcome2:

Wasnt funny at the time but can laugh about it now lol :hearts:

My hubby shat himself .. wont let me go upstairs alone .. mum and sister been looking after me in the day but they cant do it forever .. i feel really bad as i know they got their own things to be getting on with but mums scared as she says ive had one too many falls now..

Rachy xx

Rachy xx

debzsanderson

I know what its like with the falling-went through that with Mark and I must admit I was petrified he'd really injure himself badly. Have you got a banister rail on both sides of the stairs?? This might help you to be able to steady yourself more.Can you not ring the hospital and specifically ask to the "main man" and not one of his colleagues?? It seems to be that once you have been a couple of times you do tend to be downgraded!! Hope you get the LP done soon and get a proper diagnosis and start some treatment.

debz xx

Mark has PP MS but I am his partner and do the posts as he cant use the computer!!

Hezza

Rachy,

How frightening for you all. I was going to say the same thing as Debz - if you don't have handrails on both sides of the stairs perhaps now is the time to get them.

Hope the carpet burns heal quickly!

mayb

Hi rachy - how are you healing? That must have been some fall. Glad you could see the funny side in the end.

Do take care of yourself as you could do some serious damage to yourself if you fall even a small distance and get the landing wrong. Come down stairs on your butt if you have to - at least your hands are free to carry stuff that way!

:hearts:

Mayb

Vegged Out
Shirl

Hi Rachy

So sorry the stairs did that to you - make sure they suffer for it - get someone to hoover them aggressively. I had many a tumble down the stairs before realising I must live on the level - first a bungalow, then apartments. Ground floor living helps ease the bruises.

Glad the Neuro is being more supportive and proactive - but it is a shame he was waiting for a relapse - maybe he meant he hoped you wouldn't have one but knew that if you did, he would be justified in testing for MS?

Take care, rest please!

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Gaynor

Ooh yowwww Rachy!

You won't do that in a hurry next time :hearts:

Hope you're healing nicely now.

Gaynor

Michelle

Ouch! x

MIchelle :hearts: