The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Lindyloo

monster paying a visit

65 posts in this topic Last Reply

Lindyloo

Hi everyone

I woke up this morning feeling like i have been run over....one side of my face is all tingly sensation and i have a small coldsore on my lip.. :boo:

My right leg is in bits... horrid sensations from burning to loss of sensation... my feet feel horrible too....so yuk i cant put my trainers on etc. :cry2:

My left leg is more the same but not as bad as the right..... I was fine yesterday....it has just come so sudden....also the fatigue has come too..

I feel gutted and so upset about it.... I always get so upset..... when it comes...

You would think by now i would be used to it coming but i get really scared.. as to how long will it last how bad will it get?? etc

I have just gone back to work after being off for 2wks with flu.... i couldnt go anywhere today only to the sofa... I hope it goes soon...

Maybe the stress of Conor's dad being so ill last week has flared it all up... it really hurts walking even to just the kitchen...

Will rest up and do nothing again and hope it passes.... Soon i hope.. Sorry for being such a Misery Guts..

Love Linda xx

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

Vegged Out
Shirl

Oh Linda, you are NOT being miserable to us. We all understand that 'oh no, not again' feeling. The only answer is to rest but that can be difficult in a family. However, it is what you have to do.

Since my own relapse last summer, I have been constantly challenged to heed my own advice. It's good for me to remember what you are going through, what we all go through. So I'll promise to be good if you will too. :cry2:

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Hezza

Hey Linda,

Shirl is absolutely right - rest up and this will pass. I think you may have hit the nail on the head - the stress you've been under over the past few weeks with the flu, Rian being so poorly, and your father-in-law's illness may well have been a factor.

Try to see this as your body's way of telling you that you need to take a little care of yourself now that everyone else is recovering - hard to do I know. I am sure your wonderful family will rally round you as you do for them.

Take care, remember we're here to support you too :cry2:

By the way Lindyloo I moved this from LDN discussion forum into the MS Discussion section...if you meant it to be in LDN just shout and I'll put it back!

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Gaynor

Hi Linda,

Yes it is scary every time it rears it's ugly head.

You just rest up as prescribed by us 'mods' and also your body has been so run down with the flu symtoms (on top of everything else) so when the body's at a low it's often when it strikes.

Take care x

Vegged Out
Shirl

(Oops, didn't notice the topic being in LDN forum - thanks Cara)

I hope you are getting your rest Linda :cry2:

linds

Hi Linda,

Sending you loads of love and healing vibes. Please rest rest rest. Love from Lindsxxxx

Lindsx

Lindyloo

Thanks everyone for taking care of me with your kind thoughts..and words...I . I am very weepy today and feeling very fed up.... wrong attitude I know.... but i hope to get my happy positive back asap....

I feel my smptoms all come from the bottom of my spine... its like someone bashed me with a baseball bat there... and its here which is causing all the weird sensations and pain in my legs.... Does anyone else get this?? I started taking Baclofen today and Ponstan and panadol...and lots of fruit...

I am so grateful to you all and cant imagine what it would be like not knowing you guys!!

Love ya's

Linda xx

LindyLoo xx

mayb

Hi Lindy loo - I am sending you lots of very Big but gentle ((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))) and really hope you are on the mend soon.

I am sure the others are right and this is the result of the stress and upset with your father in law and having the flu on top of it all can't have helped. Cold sores are usually a sure sign of being a bit run down. Back to your bed for a bit of duvet time and TLC probably is the only answer right now - where better to be when the weather is so cold and wintery.

Take good care of yourself and hope you at least feel a bit better than you did as we are all with you in spirit. You too Shirl.

Mayb

Hezza

Lindyloo,

Even the most positive of us cannot be that way all of the time. Allow yourself your weepy moments, you need the release. Keep yourself wrapped up and rest. I hope that soon these symptoms settle and you start to come out the other side of this latest episode :cry2:

Michelle

Did you know that tears have healing properties in them? I always say that's it good to have a good old cry. What's not good, is if you're crying all the time.

So, nothing wrong in feeling weepy or crying in itself.

Michelle :cry2:

mayb

Have to agree with that mich. I had to go on antidepressants though, when I found that everything was making me cry and I wasn't functioning very well because of it. Somewhere I had crossed that line. In some ways i withs I had waited it out anbd rtied to sort it out myselr first but who knows what might have ahbppend then. Sorry about the typing.

Mayb

Lindyloo

Thanks for the lovely hugs ...

still the same symptom wise.... but thank god not cried as much as yesterday...phew..

Restingup and woke to snow outside..... Rian having a great time out playing all day,,,

I have watched football all day long..... forgot to say i got my digital stations at long last... I have watched Arsenal and Manu games.... reckon i could be a comentator by now..

you guys are so kind thanks for been there!!

LindyLoo xx

Vegged Out
Shirl

I didn't know how to really help you Linda - so I joined you! Terrible duvet, cheese brain day. Left side not behaving and ready to go back to bed again.

What are we like!

Lindyloo

Bless you dearest Shirl - you always help me with your kind words.... A right pair we are eh?? Mines my right side thats misbehaving...

I have been watching Mr Bean -- he is so silly i have to laugh...

Thinking of you Shirl and hope u keep resting up too...

LindyLoo xx

Gaynor

Add another to the list!....

I've had a yucky weekend. Feeling REEEEEEALLY tired and my hearing has gone a bit weird. No pain, nor deafness but definately altered sound perception sometimes. Feel like I need to make them pop now 'n' again to hear that bit better.

Ooh great....why do we get all these weird things - pees me off. :newhere:

Gaynor

(no gymming today for me ...and maybe even the week cos I don't want to exacerbate anything, plus I don't have the energy).

AND I've resorted to the devil that is sweeties to cheer me up - noooooooooooooooo! :hearts:

linds

sending hugs to you all - me too I'm afraid I have had a "fizzing" body.- not had this before but the eye flashing is also at it's height. Anyone had a fizzing feeling body. Hope we feel better soon Lindsx

sending hugs to you all - me too I'm afraid I have had a "fizzing" body.- not had this before but the eye flashing is also at it's height. Anyone had a fizzing feeling body. Hope we feel better soon Lindsx

Lindsx

Vegged Out
Shirl

Good for you, Gaynor! I will be resorting to the TV and my feet well and truly up. IT is throwing it down with icy cold rain, blizzards forecast for later. I don't have to go out but the option would be nice, just for a change of air and scenery. Having to man the home fires while hubby & son go out to work etc is not always the lap of luxury it sounds like. Being unwell is the pits whatever time of year, isn't it?

So...must remember my own advice:

one day at a time is enough

mayb

Hi Gaynor

I am sorry you are not feeling so good. I think being at home as Shirl says is not all its cracked up to be. I often think that if I had not been sacked I would still be working despite all of the ailments. Sitting at home means you are always in tune with your body - not enough distractions - and the weird things it does drive you nuts. Definately chocolate and a duvet day for you.

I get that fizzing linds - usually my neck and face are worst affected but it can be hands or back or just about anywhere really. Lately I have also been getting muscle twitches in my bad leg, cramp and burning, various numb patches, jerks in my hands and legs and weird sensations in my head as well as a feeling that my head is nodding slightly and my eyes blurr earlier each day. What is that all about - who knows. I can type today though which is a relief.

Now I haven't got a diagnosis I worry about it all far more - I used to be able to tell myself that it was just one of those things that comes with the ms territory. Now I wonder if it is the symptom for something else more sinister. My father died of parkinson's disease and I cannot tell you how horrified I was to see him in his last weeks and the effect this disease had on him. My dad and I were not close but I would not wish such suffering on anyone. I would find a proper diagnosis of ms a blessed relief - which is a very strange thing to want.

Mayb

linds

You are reght about a dx Mary. Best to know. I have asked that the scan I am to have one done on a 3T scanner this time and not a 1.5. (the last) I am prepared to travel as we apparently can choose within reason where we go for the scan as long as we will wait a turn. Don't quote meon this!! fingers xxed.

I get the head bobbing as well and all the rest you mentioned. Lindsx PS and formication too

Lindsx

Hezza

Oh Ladies - sending all of you love and hoping you start to feel at least a little better very soon :hearts:

Linds,

Not sure if it's the same thing but I get a "Champagne" feeling - usually in my foot or ankle. I call it the "Champagne" feeling because it feels like lots of Champagne bubbles fizzing away under my skin....

Wish I could stay indoors now that I've made it back from work but I'm waiting for the garage to call and tell me my car is ready to be picked up from servicing and MOT. Have a feeling I'm going to get soaked!

linds

Yes Cara, Deeling like I was in a bath of champers...............I wish Lindsx

Lindsx

Lindyloo

Gaynor sorry to hear you are having 'yukky' times too....

Glad you are taking it easy.. I had something similar in one of my ears a year or two ago and it turned out to be a fluey virus.... Doc said my ear was all inflammed and my hearing was also distorted on and off and i felt rotten...Its prob not this but just thought i would say anyway.... glad you not going to the Gym this week.... What sweeties are you munching?? Conor has just came in the door with the new flavours of Walkers crisps Mmmm eating 'Builders Brekfast...

Shirl.... I know what you mean about having the option to go out would be VERY NICE..I am still the same but very grateful not to be worse.... walking is hard but i am keeping my feet up 2 and..enjoying the digital box... Its lovely and sunny here in the west of ireland..... typical.... as i cant getout...

Linds I have got the fizzing going on also.... I hope the bubbles die down soon... I love Cara's Champayne description..... Hope you dont get soaked Cara..

Nice to see the evening much brighter..... SUNNY DAYs ahead I hope ....FOR ALL OF US...

BIg Hugs

LindyLoo xx

Gaynor

Haribo's and a fudge. I could go on eating but have to STOP!

Yes, I'm waiting to see if some kind of cold develops but nothing so far.

Just had to go out and buy a kettle as ours blew up today......so it has to be a better day tomorrow!

Vegged Out
Shirl

Thanks for your good wishes again Linda and all the very best to all who are not enjoying the best of it at the moment. No need to ask why - extremes of temperature do it to me. When it's this cold, it might as well be boiling hot for the way my body reacts.

I'd love to have The Answer. But, for now, all I can suggest is early nights, TLC and comfort grub!

Lindyloo

Does anyone find their clothes/trousers annoy symptoms ....make synptoms in legs worse.... I cant wear my jeans or tights at the moment. I can only stand the lightest pair of trousers..... ITs such a pain in the :lolbash:

Gaynor,Shirl,Linds i hope today is a better day for you.... My digi box is playing games and not working right at all.... so televison is out for the moment... So i am reading Marion Keyes.... in between nodding off ...zzzz

LindyLoo xx