The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Lindyloo

monster paying a visit

65 posts in this topic Last Reply

Vegged Out
Shirl

'Thanks Linds x,' and 'yes, you are right, Mary.'

Something really good has happened - I used a different shampoo and conditioner and my hair has come out silky soft but structured. There's positivity for you!

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Lindyloo
My best friend is my daughter so im never alone really she walks with me to the shops and does my injection for me. she recently got married to her over seas husband and hes just as wonderful as she is. It will be lovely when he can finally move over here and i will have all my support here. My husbands great too but sometimes he finds it hard we have been together since we were 14 so hes the one who knows the reality of how ive been affected so maybe its harder for him. Anyway true friends accept you as you are sick or healthy! And if you want a bit of time alone to deal with how you feel thats ok too.I am learning slowly to not care what anyone thinks of me its how i feel about me that matters!

Hi

Akorah.... thanks for your advice I hope i can learn to not care what anyone thinks of me too... Its hard opening up sometimes to friends...I would be lost without my best friend who is my husband...I just think at the moment im feeling all emotions as I am having a flare up and stuck in the house aint helping...

Shirl i hope today was a bit brighter for you.... :winkgrin:

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

Akorah
Hi

Akorah.... thanks for your advice I hope i can learn to not care what anyone thinks of me too... Its hard opening up sometimes to friends...I would be lost without my best friend who is my husband...I just think at the moment im feeling all emotions as I am having a flare up and stuck in the house aint helping...

Shirl i hope today was a bit brighter for you.... :hearts:

you will feel better soon im sure till then a few duvet days r in order and anyway the weathers horrible outside so better to be inside where its cosy!!

chelly xxx

Hezza

Hi Lindyloo,

How're you doing now? Hope that things are starting to improve?

Sending big (((((hugs))))) your way from Fermanagh - I'm hiding out at Mum and Dad's for a few days :winkgrin:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Vegged Out
Shirl

Thanks everyone. Had lovely night out to theatre last night. Was in my wheelchair the whole time so really pleased about that. But today I am paying for it - utterly debilitating fatigue and other problems. Keep thinking I'll be better tomorrow and then I am not. It's getting very boring!

As a moderator I am not much of an example to you all but, in fact, I do stay positive most of the time. I just have these (frequent) days when I'd rather be left all alone to look after myself as best as I can and not b asked about dinners and washing and when people will be home for said dinner.

If Pete reads this he'll know I adore his cooking, he is a whiz with the washing machine and iron, know where to find the airing cupboard, hoover, duster, polish, supermarket and everything else we need. So why am I complaining? In all seriousness, I am developing some kind of 'information processing' syndrome. I should start a new thread...maybe tomorrow!

Don't worry - there really are (usually for me) worse things to have than MS even on the horridest of days. I still believe that.

linds

Shirl you are a fantastic example. (AND HONEST IN YOUR COMMENTS)....please do not change ever. Lindsxx What production did you see at theatre. xxx

Lindsx

Lindyloo

You sure are Shirl.... Your the BEST!!!

I would love to hear about the Theatre too.

Cara .... Conor was in Enniskillen yesterday getting our weekly shopping.. The difference with price here and across the border is 'MAD' We are so ripped off in the South of Ireland... we are about 45miles from Enniskillen... Where in Fermanagh are you????

I am still Shuffling along.... still the same... its a real pain in the :hearts:

I hope it starts to get a bit better soon... housebound is getting to me abit..

I miss my independence and miss just doing normal things...but I am keeping positive and i am still having a giggle along this part of the journey... And hopefully soon the horrible monster will pack his bloody bags and bugger off... :hearts: Hope all is well with you Cara and your family at home.... Have you ever been to Sligo????

Lots of love

Linda xx

LindyLoo xx

mayb

Ditto to all of that Shirl. You make a great moderator because you have experienced the things that we are often moaning on about, have dealt with them and maintained a positive attitude. What more could we ask of you? Just hang on in there and your own particular monster will go back to his lair eventually. Make the most of our love and sympathy while it is about (the monster that is) and hang onto Pete for dear life as he is literally a God send for you.

Take care to heed your own advice and pamper yourself to bits. Whatever happens afterwards a trip out to something you enjoy will have refreshed your mind if not your body and made you part of the world again for an evening at least. If there is to be a price we do have to measure the worth of the event and with that in mind there is a certain birthday party coming up that you might wish to avoid!!

Sending you (((((((((((((((EXTRA LARGE HUGS)))))))))))))))) : (which you will have to imagine as I can't get the blasted machine to change the font size)

hearts:

Mayb

Vegged Out
Shirl

Thanks Ladies! We saw Buddy and it was fantastic. Pete is appreciably older than me, enough to remember precisely the day Buddy Holly died in the plane crash (Feb 1959 so this is the 50th anniversary). I did not know the story at all but I did know the music. The show's players are also the musicians - multi-talented, multi-layered and multi-actors, each playing several parts (apart from the one playing Buddy who was simply exhausting to watch but had the most Buddy-like voice imaginable).

BTW - I recognise the qualities of which you each speak in my fellow moderators. And those same qualities of kindness, humour, long-suffering endurance of the best kind, and empathy for one another, are apparent in ALL OF YOU too. So there!

linds
BTW - I recognise the qualities of which you each speak in my fellow moderators. And those same qualities of kindness, humour, long-suffering endurance of the best kind, and empathy for one another, are apparent in ALL OF YOU too. So there!

Bravo Shirl. I agree Lindsxx

Lindsx

mayb

Way to go Shirl - good on you!! I love watching anything live - even if its a rubbish play or whatever I just love being part of it all. I have stopped going to music performances simply because my ears can't take the ringing for days afterwards, but have some great memories to savour.

Mayb

Lindyloo

Bravo from me too .... All of you are fab!! :winkgrin:

Id say Buddy was brilliant.... i would have loved the music.. I have watched the film of Buddy Holly.... Wasnt Richie Valance on the plane also?

LindyLoo xx

Hezza
Cara .... Conor was in Enniskillen yesterday getting our weekly shopping.. The difference with price here and across the border is 'MAD' We are so ripped off in the South of Ireland... we are about 45miles from Enniskillen... Where in Fermanagh are you????

Hey Lindyloo,

I'm almost on the Monaghan border - around 18miles south of Enniskillen. I was at secondary school in Enniskillen and will be heading through there later to visit my Great Aunt. I think I've been to Sligo a long time ago when I was younger and staying in a caravan in Rossnowlagh.

All is as fine as it gets with me - I have slept lots since getting home and apart from a bad day on Saturday (it's normal for me to feel bad on Saturday - week catching up & a Rebif hangover :winkgrin: ) we've had a lovely time. Ron and I love coming here because there is literally nothing to do other than walk dogs, read books and be spoilt with home cooking!

Hope the monster backs off and you're out and about soon Linda :lolbash: xx

Glad to hear you had such a great time at the theatre Shirl :tongue2:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Michelle

Many moons ago I applied for a vacany as a House Keeper in a Hotel in Co.Sligo - I didn't get it,and stayed in Sunny Wales :winkgrin:

Shirl,

Apparently it's good for your hair to have a change of shampoo. I recently did this with my hair and like you the result was silky hair. Off to the doctors soon, to see if they can give me something to make my muscles feel silky :tongue2: Blinking muscles spasms have been no joke over the weekend.

Be yourselves guys.

Michelle :lolbash:

Vegged Out
Shirl

[Apologies to Lindyloo who originated the 'monster paying a visit' topic. I considered a new thread for this but it won't run forever so I haven't bothered!]

Wasnt Richie Valance on the plane also?
Yes, Ritchie Valens (17) was, a last minute decision on the toss of a coin. But he left La Bamba behind for us all to enjoy. Also on the tiny plane was 'The Big Bopper' J P Richardson (28), of Chantilly Lace fame. He was given his seat by another of Buddy's band because he had a cold.

Buddy (22) broke his promise to his pregnant wife by hiring the plane - she had a premonition before the tour that he'd die in an air crash. But the winter snow was making the bus journeys uncomfortable - they were sleeping in the luggage racks and some had to be treated for frostbite - and scary. Richardson's wife was also pregnant, with their second child.

The plane crashed on 3rd February 1959, shortly after take off from Clearlake, Iowa. It is remembered as 'the day music died' - American Pie by Don McLean.

Isn't it sad?