The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
toby

I've got a date!

65 posts in this topic Last Reply

Michelle

Glad you had a nice evening toby. If you ever need more advice on style etc, Gaynors the gal. :winkgrin:

Michelle :lolbash:

toby

I went shopping and bought a new oufit specially and emailed pics to one of my 'girl' friends for approval!

Just had a thought.. i could use it as my avatar.

debzsanderson

hello Toby-glad it all went well. Mark and I met on ICQ chat online and he told me straight away about his MS and that he had just got his new set of wheels (wheelchair!!). This was in 2002 and we have been living together for six years now!! I was up in Yorkshire at the time and Mark was down here in Brighton so without the internet we would have never met and we were both too shy to date people in the "real world"!! Good luck with your new friendship and may it blossom.

debz xx

Mark has PP MS but I am his partner and do the posts as he cant use the computer!!

Silv

Toby

It's nice of you to let us know that you had a good time, however things develop or if at all. I hope for both of you that it is the start of a good friendship. Reading all the posts over the last few days it shows that a lot of us have or have had our "difficulties" with relationships, maybe that's why we are all so behind you. Whatever life throws at you, it's nice to find people who truly understand that particular situation.

By the way I like the way you handled the chocy bit. Well done.

Silv

Sluggish
Marina

That's great, Toby, and I'm glad all went well and that you had a nice time and hopefully made a new friend, whichever way it leads. :hearts:

Looking forward to seeing your new avatar! Or, if you prefer, you can use as the photo of yourself in your profile instead. It'll then only be seen in your profile and not as an avatar.

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Vegged Out
Shirl
i just said if she wanted to do something again that i would like to as well and left it there.
Ah Toby, for any relationship that involves MS, this is a very good beginning. Mutual understanding is essential for all good friendships.

Go gently (or full tilt if the mood takes you!) but, whatever you do, keep in touch with her! I know you will but a little reminder might help.

However, I am not wanting to cramp the style of our resident style guru.

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Lindyloo

Hey Toby really glad she turned out to be so nice... :hearts: and you had a lovely time.,

Thanks for cheering some of us up also.... its nice to chat about other things sometimes...

Good for you.... I keep saying i will put my pic up but im chicken ... :irish:

:hearts: Gaynor i hope u got some sleep... hope your legs bit better hun

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

linds

The boy's got style.Lets see you pic Toby!!! Lindsx

Lindsx

toby

I tried to upload it but it was to big so resized it and then it said to contact Admin.

Help im stuck

linds

Help the boy quick...we want to see you Toby!!

Lindsx

Sluggish
Marina

Crumbs, good job I happened to come online now! :hearts:

Toby, do you know to what size you resized it? Both in KB's and in pixels?

Marina

toby

48 KB and 225 x 300ps

Sluggish
Marina

For an Avatar, the size must be no larger than 150 x 150 pixels and no bigger than 25k.

For a personal photo (for profiles), the size must be no larger than 250 x 300 pixels and no bigger than 80k.

Are you able to reduce it further? If not, email me using the "Email" button or send me a PM, and I'll reply to you and will ask you to send me privately by email the original photo as an attachment in its fullest original size and I'll make it the right size for both an avatar and personal photo and will send them back to you via email.

Marina

toby

PM sent

toby
PM sent

Thank you Marina, Genius!

Heres me, new avatar

Sluggish
Marina

You're welcome, Toby! Glad it worked OK for you! :hearts::hearts::irish:

Marina

toby

It was my catalogue pose! on the 4th attempt.

I dont make a good picture, hate having my photo done!

toby x

Sluggish
Marina
It was my catalogue pose! on the 4th attempt.

I dont make a good picture, hate having my photo done!

You and me alike! For my photo here (a few years old now, I shamefully admit), I sat there for hours, taking photos of myself time after time. Must've done about 20 shots... ended up with about 3 to choose from and found this one was the better one. Whatever anyone might say (and that includes you, my lovely Mikey the photographer ;-)) I am NOT photogenic! :hearts:

That said, I think your photo is great!

Marina

linds

You look smashing Toby.Hope you choose to see her again as she seems nice. Lindsx

Lindsx

Vegged Out
Shirl

Great piccie, Toby! Not at all catalogue...you did mean clothes catalogue? Of course you did. :hearts:

Shirley  "one day at a time"

Mikey

If I was a female, I reckon Toby would be a good catch. Good looking lad and his posts show charm and sensitivity, eh girls?

linds
If I was a female, I reckon Toby would be a good catch. Good looking lad and his posts show charm and sensitivity, eh girls?

Yes you sound lovely Toby I agree with Mikey

Lindsx

toby

Ohhh, you all know how to make a fella feel good about his self.

thanks

toby x :winkgrin:

Michelle

Great photo. Always nice to put a face to a name.

Michelle :winkgrin:

Lindyloo
:tongue2: Toby... :winkgrin: ...... Have to agree with Mikey and Linds on that!

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)