The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Marina

For PPMSers

31 posts in this topic Last Reply

crispy

Hi Ron, hi all, :tortoiseride:

Nobody is moving goalposts Ron, in fact you can all stop playing now - I'm taking my ball home. :dumbo:

A lot has been said on this topic, by a very few members. Even those that did express an opinion, often failed to respond when points made were replied to. From my side, as stated several times before, I'm leaving the topic alone now.

Have a good day, :tortoiseride:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

Lula_lulabel

I think I'm lost now... I think... I thought that there was, but there wasn't, nor has there been, with regard to, that place, that is, or isn't for those who have PPMS!

Ron... I can't even see the flippin' goal posts!

I am but a shimmer in the moonlight... shhh, too much prozac again!

Love Lula x

sprinkling magic all around

ddgorgeous

Chris,

If taking your ball home is your stand on this so be it, but it is certainly not a very good case to put forward!

As for others addressing issues when they were replied to, that is something that has been very difficult to do as the goalposts have moved so much (that is a fact, all you have to do is read the posts from the beginning). That is the reality. If you have a point, then please raise it and put it forward for discussion.

If it is support for this idea you are looking for, then put it to a vote, as I see no support for this idea in any posts except your own.

Possibly the reason for there being so few people writing on this issue, is that it was asking for opinions on a ppms section and fewer people have ppms to start with. After all this, I would be very surprised of anyone dares to have a different opinion from you in the future, let alone actually post it.

I do not see that anyone failed to respond to any points you have replied to. From what I see, people have responded, but in a way that possibly was not acceptable to you, or in agreement with you. As the goalposts have constantly shifted I cannot blame them. People have given their opinions and something else has been put to them. I seem to think that the original question put to the site for debate was would anyone like a ppms section...............Possibly it is my dodgy eyes, but I see nobody in support of this idea.

Why not put it to a vote and then anyone who wants to have a say in it has that option without anything changing?

Please correct me if this is wrong, but would that not be a way forward with this instead of saying 'I am taking my ball home'?

Take care and best wishes,

Ron :tortoiseride:

ppms, dx 2001

petac

Hi Ron

Thanks for your reply to Chris' comment. I will admit to being rather confused at Chris' most recent postings, but thought it was me, so didn't dare to post a reply. I wouldn't like there to be any ill feeling about this and perhaps we could settle this and close the discussion with a vote from those of us who are PPMSers

I hope I haven't offfended anyone

Best wishes

Peta

Peta

catzzz.gif

crispy

If taking your ball home is your stand on this so be it, but it is certainly not a very good case to put forward!

Hi Ron, Peta, and anyone else following this thread,

After the obvious lack of support for the idea Ron, I have attempted to close the subject on at least three occasions, but members just won't let me. The taking my ball home comment, was supposed to be a humorous end to my part in the discussion. :tortoiseride:

As for others addressing issues when they were replied to, that is something that has been very difficult to do as the goalposts have moved so much (that is a fact, all you have to do is read the posts from the beginning). That is the reality. If you have a point, then please raise it and put it forward for discussion.

Ron, a perfect example is right back near the beginning - Both you and Peta replied to the thread 1st April. I tried to clarify the situation 2nd April (0900), and nothing. It all went on from there, and I could see there was no support from the membership, which is why I keep trying to close the subject.

If it is support for this idea you are looking for, then put it to a vote, as I see no support for this idea in any posts except your own.

Nor do I Ron, which is why I keep trying to close the subject.

After all this, I would be very surprised of anyone dares to have a different opinion from you in the future, let alone actually post it.

I'm really sorry you feel that way Ron, it's just another example of how difficult it is to communicate online, even with smilies. :tortoiseride: At no time have I intended to cause offence with my replies, I feel that I have tried to explain any opposing views, and certainly not belittle the views of others.

Obviously it is your choice of whether or not to continue with this topic, but for my part, it really is closed for me.

Have a good day all,

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

Sluggish
Marina

Hello All :dumbo:

Sometime later today (or possibly tomorrow, I'm rather busy at the moment, :tortoiseride:!), I will start a simple "Poll" on this question. In the meantime, I will officially close this thread as it regrettably seems to be going nowhere. Once the poll has had a few replies (if any), we might re-start another thread if we feel it might be useful. :tortoiseride:

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)