The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Lula_lulabel

Status symbols

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

Lula_lulabel

Dearest Marina,

Please can we have an insentive scheme to get people to post more regularly.

Already we have Newbie/Member/Elite/VIP and Admin... but I noticed once we hit VIP we stay that for ages. Is it possible to set it at every 50 or 100 posts, we get a new status badge. It would be nice for the more active members to have that special gift, of a rise in status, every now and again.

Love and Hugs Lula xxx

sprinkling magic all around

Sluggish
Marina

Hi Lula

You mean you want more than there already are? Wow... :wavebunny::catzzz:

Currently the "status badges" are:

• Newbies = 0-9 posts
  • Member = 10-49 posts
  • Elite = 5-149 posts
  • 6 Star = 150-249
  • VIP = 250+
  • Extra "secret" Bonus :sadwalk: = 300+ = Can change your member "title" to whatever you want (the bit that says "Home away from home"). This can be changed via My Controls.

As you can hopefully see, they currently are at every 50/100 posts. Setting it at every 50/100 posts beyond 250 posts would entail a LOAD of "badges" which might become confusing, especially once the forum grows a bit more and more people start posting more frequently.

Or have I maybe misunderstood what it is you were thinking of?

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Lula_lulabel

Hi Marina,

Yes you did understand me honey. I understand that those are all in place... and they are super fabulous. I was hoping for you to be able to put in another few spaced out at perhaps 300/400/500 posts and so on. I totally understand if it is a pain in the butt to do.

Thank you anyway honey.

(((((sending hugs)))))

Love Lula xxx

crispy

Hi Lula, :catzzz:

I just love your sig line, it makes me smile every time.

So, that in itself has to be good. :wavebunny:

Sorry to dash, I really must go have a magic. :sadwalk:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

Lula_lulabel

Cheers Crispy...

:wavebunny: It's nice to sprinkle magic smiling dust over you all! :sadwalk:

Love Lula x

ddgorgeous

Hi Marina,

I just figured out how to change the bit above the member status from one thing to another!.................watch out, watch out Jack Frost is about!

With best wishes,

Ron :howdy:

ppms, dx 2001

petac

Hi All

I just made it to my 6 stars!!!!

Time to celebrate :howdy:

and keep posting with "strange" emoticons!!

Happy postings everyone

Peta :welcome2:

Peta

catzzz.gif

Sluggish
Marina
I just figured out how to change the bit above the member status from one thing to another!.................watch out, watch out Jack Frost is about!

:howdy: Ron!

Quite a while ago, I enigmatically mentioned that there was an "Easter Egg" for you all to find when you reached a certain amount of posts, I think I later even gave a hint as where it might be... but no-one twigged! :welcome2:

Anyway, you can change it anytime you want :angel:

Marina

Sluggish
Marina

Re Lula's suggestion - what does anybody else think?

Marina

ddgorgeous

Marina,

I can see some interesting 'titles' being posted, lets hope we have started a trend now.

Take care and best wishes,

ppms, dx 2001

Sluggish
Marina

Lula and everybody else

I was hoping for you to be able to put in another few spaced out at perhaps 300/400/500 posts and so on.

Have you any suggestions as to what we might refer to these extra "ranks"?, both as the image tags and the text descriptions? Feel free also to suggest alternative text descriptions if you think there might be some more suitable. EG: list out at what number of posts a member should be "promoted" and to what description and what image tag :howdy:

Bear in mind, that for some of you, a 100 posts is relatively quickly achieved...

I can only then determine if it will be a "pain in the butt" to do so :wave:

Marina

ddgorgeous

Marina,

I really have no suggestions regarding post amounts or status. I like the idea of a 'Superman' status lol but I have no thoughts about when one gets to that.

I would suggest that if it is something that would create a lot of work on your part, then it should possibly be shelved until there are more requests for this. I do not want to contradict Lula's ideas on this in any way, but there doesn't appear to be a lot of posts regarding this so far.

ppms, dx 2001

Lula_lulabel

Hi Marina,

Ron speaks wisely... I am quite happy to shelve it until it comes up again. If i get any ideas.. I'll post you offlist ok honey?

:howdy: love Lula x

Lula_lulabel

I am frustrated... I can't find the bit to change my words over the status symbol! :howdy:

Marina... where did you hide that little gem?

Love lula x

ddgorgeous

Lula,

It is in the 'my controls' part of the forum, the bit looks something like like below:

Welcome to your control panel

Your personal profile, this section is optional

Custom member title

In your 'personal profile' section, you can change the top line labelled 'custom member profile'

just add what you want and all your posts will habve the new title instead of the old one.

I hope this makes sense, if not send me a mail and I can send you an attachment with it on it.

ppms, dx 2001

Sluggish
Marina
I like the idea of a 'Superman' status lol but I have no thoughts about when one gets to that.

Much as I'm not that "PC"in certain respects... how would we apply "Superman" to the females here? :howdy:

Marina

Sluggish
Marina
If i get any ideas.. I'll post you offlist ok honey?

I'm quite happy for this topic to stay here on the Forum, in the event anybody else might at some time like to contribute to it :howdy:

Marina

ddgorgeous

Marina,

I have no idea how it could be done, is there something when a member joins that asks them if they are male or female?

It could be Superman, or Wonderwoman. That way both sexes could be catered for and the PC Police could have nothing to get uptight about. I really do not know how it could be done, or if it is even anything that would be of interest to anyone.

It was just an idea, please do not worry about it in any way, I do not want to add to your workload in any way.

ppms, dx 2001

Sluggish
Marina
is there something when a member joins that asks them if they are male or female?

Yes, I could include a field asking if one is male or female, but I wouldn't be able to automatically base a ranking group on it... so I'm afraid Superman might have to fly away.... :-(

Marina

ddgorgeous

Marina,

It was only an idea, please do not think about it any more.

Superman has left the building!

ppms, dx 2001

Lula_lulabel

Thanx Ron... I will check it out in the morning...(yawn) I'm cream crackered,lol!

Smiler

found a superman smilie.... b050.gif

I suppose it could be a bald superwoman too?

Love jen

xxxxxx

n026.gif

Dx April 05, struggled the whole year and next emotionally physically mentally and Spiritually...moved house and loving the sea coasts & fresh air. a010.gif

Catherine

Dear all

I must be thick, I didn't realise that we were given status symbols relating to how many postings we did - back to school for me!

I like the idea of being a 'wonder woman' so expect to hear a lot more from me in future!

Best wishes and have a great weekend,

Catherine

ddgorgeous

Catherine,

Please keep posting and you will see your member status changing automatically every so often.

when a new member joins, they have the title below their name as being 'Newbie' at any of thier posts. After a few posts, that automatically changes to 'Member' and it keeps changing automatically.

I cannot remember the post amounts when it would change, but I 'think' you may see another change at 50 posts, then 150 etc. I cannot remember the post numbers when it changes, but Marina will know them and I did see them somewhere in the program last week. If I can find them again, I will be sure to post the numbers and titles.

I think at 300 posts, you can type your own label, I have 'Big girlies blouse', but I will check up on all the numbers and let you know (it just might take a day or so to find them again!)

So please keep posting and you will see it change automatically. If you look at other people's labels, there are several different ones and it goes on the number of posts the person has made.

ppms, dx 2001

Catherine

Dear Ron

Thank you! I did notice the tags at first and just assumed people made them up and I wasn't clever enough to think of one for me. Looks as if I will have plenty of time to that!

Have a great week,

Catherine