The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Lindyloo

Swine flu vaccine

102 posts in this topic Last Reply

tdkstratus

Hi All

I had my piggy jab done a couple of days ago and, apart from a sore arm, I feel fine. Hopefully this will help. I wouldn't say to people that they have to get it. It's a personal choice and it's has to be something that they are comfortable with. I can only go by my own experiences.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Terri

Ohana - Where nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hezza
Hi All

I had my piggy jab done a couple of days ago and, apart from a sore arm, I feel fine. Hopefully this will help. I wouldn't say to people that they have to get it. It's a personal choice and it's has to be something that they are comfortable with. I can only go by my own experiences.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Thanks for the update hon. Glad it went well for you :hearts_circle:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Lindyloo

Thanks Terri

Really glad you got on well ...Im getting it next wednesday...

Keep well everyone

Love Lindyxxx

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

gingermagic

This year I have had swine flu, normal flu and pneumonia (jabs that is) in the last month or so.

I was fine but we're all different.

Billion year old carbon

Lindyloo

Hi lovely people

I have not been feeling the best over the last few days - shivery and a sore throat... otherwise i am really well..In a bit of a tizz as i am due to have my piggy jab on wednesday- do you think it might be a good idea to wait another week or so... I also feel i might need antibiotics as my right ear is very sore inside on and off...

i spoke with my doctor she said to still come over to the surgery on wednesday and she will check thoat etc... and decide if to go ahead then... but a this moment i would prefer to feel better before i have jab ... any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Love Lindy Off to bed now Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LindyLoo xx

Hezza

Hmm it's a difficult one - see what your doctor says hon. I suspect it is better for you not to be as well as possible :bestwishes:

Heste

I asked my GP last week what was happening regarding swine flu jabs and whether I would be called in when they get them. He said they don't know but I could just try calling in a weeks time and see if they have an update.

Yesterday my wife heard a rumour that they had some in. So I called the surgery again and apparently they are getting some later this week and I should call back.

Oh well, back to my cardboard box.

Regards,

John :bestwishes:

Michelle

Hi lindy,

I was in the same position last thursday. I had made an appointment to get the swine flu jab (yes! I changed my mind) and low and behold I came down with a cold. I decided not to get the jab, and have now arranged to take the plunge this thursday instead. Like you I wanted to be cold free before I had the jab.

Hope your cold clears up soon,and p.s I don't think it will hurt to get a check up on that ear with your g.p.

M x

Christina

I think it would be a good idea to be well before having the jab Lindyloo.

Chris x

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Lindyloo

Thanks guys

Doctor has given me antibiotics for ear and throat is at me a bit too... have to wait another week to have jab after course of antibiotics apparently... So my new date is 1st december.. blimin hope im ok for that date... Fed up with been stuck in this carboard box ... LOL

Lindyxxx

LindyLoo xx

Hezza

Hope the antibiotics do the trick for you hon :hearts_circle:

Dianni

Hope you're feeling better really soon hunni.

Hugs

Di

xxx

Michelle

I know what you mean about the cardboard box hon. I'm allowed to drive again after the TIA dx. I escaped the bungalow yesterday,and nearlly knocked two people over when on two different occasions they stepped out in front of green lights :hearts_circle: Stupid noobs... By the time I had taken my daughter to chose a christmas tree,and then pick andrew up from work I was totally wiped out emotionally and physically. I was then in bed for 7pm.

So, thank god for my cardboard box. I think yesterday I was better off there than out with the mad folk on the roads :wchair:

I guess that sometimes our homes can be prisons,and other times a sanctuary.

Fingers crossed that you are ok for the 1st.

M x

angela

Hi everyone

I hope you start to feel better and the antibiotics work very soon Lindy ,and hope your able to escape from your cardboard box again soon Michelle!

I had my spine flu jab last Saturday and feel fine, but I have quite a swelling on the injections site, is this normal, does anyone else have the same?

Angela :hearts_circle:

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

Lindyloo

Hi luvvies

my ear is a good bit better but my eye is constantly watering now and really itchy...

it seems to be moving about (the bug). :pullhair: . I got some drops for my eye.. nothing to worry about. a bit of a nuicance thats all..

It looks like the carboard box is the safe place to be at the moment.. for some of us..

Michelle did you get your jab today - maybe not as i know you are not too well .. I am thinking of you hun and i hope your sensational horrid hug is easing off and your wee foot has stopped buzzing.. Try some Prune juice for the constipation..

Angela thank u for your get well message.. i hope your arm has settled down a little... Conor got his jab yesterday and says his arm is sore today at the site.. I hear this is one of the most common side effects... but do give your doctor a ring if its still the same...even just for piece of mind.. ((HUGS))

I hope the weather is not too bad wherever you are.. :cowboy::boat: keep safe and well :coffee2:

Lindyxx

LindyLoo xx

Gaynor

Lindyloo, asking me about the swine flu jab prompted me into action and I asked my Med centre today. I am now on the list and they'll call me when they're doing another batch of people. They have the stuff in - and now a lot of the staff themselves have been jabbed; so now we (patients) can be administered with it.

Still a bit iffy if I should be doing it or not. I think I had swine flu itself as it all hit the media in early July. I was hideously ill and it frightened me - so I hope this vaccine will cover the now possible mutated form mainly? I'm a big scaredy cat :cowboy:

At least I have time to think about it as I'm not booked in to go just yet.

Gaynor

Heste

I phoned the surgery today to see if they had the jabs in yet. They do.

The receptionist asked if I was in the "at risk" group and then checked my records. When she returned to the phone she said she had just checked her list and I was due to be phoned this afternoon and called in the jab (call me sceptical but I don't believe a word of that). Anyway I am now booked in to be jabbed tomorrow (another day working from home then - yet another positive provided courtesy of MS).

Soon I will be able to rent out my cardboard box (it's very comfy) and go freely into the big wide flu infested world.

Regards,

John :cowboy:

Gaynor

:hugs2: Good luck with it John. Let me know any after effects - apart from a sore arm for a bit I gather it's usually pretty ok.

Gaynor

Hezza

Hope it went ok John.

I got home from college at lunch time and found letters of invitation for Ron and I to go along and get ours done. We're all booked in for Monday 30th which is the 1st day of our surgery's programme. My Dad and Ron's dad have both had theirs now with no major after effects.

Michelle

Hi Sweetie,

I didn't get the jab it's next thursday now. I love your spider crawling around :hugs2: Gave me a giggle. My buzzing foot is still with me...I wish it would buzz off. Good news is that I have managed to have a proper poop,since increasing my water intake,and eating dried apricots. I'm so fatigued today, I feel like I'm in another world :lol4: So please forgive me if my writing is a tad disjointed.

I hope your funny eye sorts itself out soon honey,and that Conor suffers no side effects from the jab. Something to do with it all...

Love M x

Heste

Well, I am jabbed. no pain, no sore arm. The doc said I might experience pain in the arm and I may feel fatigued. I said I would try to experience it but it might be hard to spot what with all my usual arm pains and fatigue.

The piggy clinic was very crowded and to add to the fun they closed the surgery car park. Their reasoning was that it would be too congested. The congestion would block the car park and road outside. This then blocks access for ambulances. So this crowd of piggy wannabes had to park in the street, on the pavements and on zebra crossings. Madness. It might have helped if they told people that parking would be reduced so people could have arranged a lift rather than needing to park.

So nothing to worry about. Jab! Job done.

Regards,

John :hugs2:

Hezza
Well, I am jabbed. no pain, no sore arm. The doc said I might experience pain in the arm and I may feel fatigued. I said I would try to experience it but it might be hard to spot what with all my usual arm pains and fatigue.

:lol4: John

As for the parking situation :hugs2: Parking is always difficult at our surgery but luckily it is only a short walk...or stagger...from our house.

Hope you find that cardboard box a good home.

Michelle

South Wales have now got the first in the world Tamiflu resistant Swine flu. According to BBC news there are 5 patients involved,one in ICU,two sent home, and the others are in isolation. All have underlying health conditions. Poor people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8371539.stm

Michelle :hugs2:

cyprus_dave

Having see the Film, I am Legend, I'm now ever so slightly dubious about having certain injections, especially ones that have been knocked-up pretty quick..

Our Gordon would love nothing more than to data tag the entire population so that whenever we go somewhere everything is logged and recorded. Or maybe I've seen one-to-many episodes of Spooks...!

:hugs2:

Dave

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it."

davidtaylor603

Heres a priest with an interesting point of view.

http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.net/cgi-bi...cgi?read=232364

There has been lots of comment like this since Baxter International shiped a load of contaminated vaccine early this year.

http://www.naturalnews.com/025760.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baxter_International

The priest is stating a personal view but the vaccine contamination story is so far as I am aware factual although of course the interpretation of what it means is again personnel.