The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
gareth

spam

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

gareth

hi everyone,

had rather an odd personal message today from a guest who sent the message and then immediatley deleted their profile!

Hello

My name is miss lilian.i saw your profile today on(ms-people.com) and became interested in you,i will also like to know more about you,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so that i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address (lilian_goodluck4u@yahoo.co.uk) .i believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life) please send me mail to my e mail address.

Please reply me with my email address here

(lilian_goodluck4u@yahoo.co.uk)

i've had some of these messages on other sites

BEWARE

gareth

everybodys got to believe in something

i believe i'll have another beer

Heste

Thanks for posting this Gareth, I was about to post something similar. Quite a few members will have got the same PM.

I can explain the sudden removal of the profile...I deleted this member. We get spammers and other dodgy people joining the site from time to time and we endeavour to remove them as quickly as we can.

Regards,

John :heartraining:

ptlike

Hi Garath

Tep I have had alot. Its a scam to get money from you, or maybe in your case a lovely russian lady who has fallen for you lol

Peter

golfer

:butterfly:

Hi everyone, had the same message, and deleted same. Hopefully, no one will be taken in by it.

Ray

Dianni

Thanks for the warning guys.

Hugs

Di

xxx

ptlike
hi everyone,

had rather an odd personal message today from a guest who sent the message and then immediatley deleted their profile!

Hello

My name is miss lilian.i saw your profile today on(ms-people.com) and became interested in you,i will also like to know more about you,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so that i can give you my picture for you to know whom l am.Here is my email address (lilian_goodluck4u@yahoo.co.uk) .i believe we can move from here.I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life) please send me mail to my e mail address.

Please reply me with my email address here

(lilian_goodluck4u@yahoo.co.uk)

i've had some of these messages on other sites

BEWARE

gareth

Hiya

Spam in my youth was a meat often eaten as a fritter how do we get rogue mail to be spam

Peter

Heste

It is generally believed that the word Spam in relation to email came from the Monty Python sketch..spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam, baked beans and spam...the woman in the sketch doesn't like spam and yet everything on the menu contains spam. In the sketch the word spam is repeated constantly and is very annoying to the woman.

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam...

more on the sketch from Wikipedia

We go to a lot of trouble to try to stop the spammers and their spam. Most you will not see but occasionally one gets through. Some you can spot immediately but others look just like any normal member until they launch their spam which we then delete along with the member.

Regards,

John :lol4: