The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Marina

Prescriptions - Free or Paid?

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Sluggish
Marina

The question as to whether people with MS can have free prescriptions has arisen several times. So to save having to answer the same question several times, below is a link to a forum topic that may help answer this:

http://ms-people.com/forum/index.php?s=&am...ost&p=21579

At the end of the day, it would seem it's down to your GP and how "helpful" s/he may or may not be...

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Topics

• Prescriptions

Hi all just a qwickie I was wondering if anyone new if us msers we're entitled to free prescriptions ?? Or does it depend on if your getting certain benefits ??   Thanks lisa x

in General Discussion about MS

• Medication, Free, Alternatives to Medication .. Curious

I usually refer to my self as drug free, as with having got to the stage in my MS most of my disablitys outway the MS thesedays BUT I still believe in Multivitems, good diet, perstien sytem for bowls and meditation etc so Im not really drug free just maybe pharmasoutical free.   I seldom meet people who are drug free with MS and those that say they are usually find help in alternative therapys or herbal.   So Im now curious as to people if they feel there, shall we say pharmasoutical free what they do to controll or help symptoms ?   Has anyone come off the tablets etc and found really there MS is no diffrent than when they were on the medication?   excuse any spelling my voice is croaky and voice software is driving me potty.   Merry Christmas to All   Hugs Aims x

• Free Laughter Club online

I recently saw that it is possible to Laugh online. I think this should be fun. I do not know how it works but I think it is definitely worth a try. I think I will try and access it by typing Online Laughter Club into google otherwise I think I found it on the American International Laughter website. This is a really good idea as it means it would be possible to laugh everyday which would give maximum benefits and get around our mobility difficulties. In the east people choose to attend Laughter Clubs daily, in the west clubs tend to meet weekly.   I will give it a go and then let you know.

• Gluten and Dairy Free

Hi my personal assistant told me about 7 weeks ago about the guy she is now working with who has MS. He is on a gluten and dairy free diet. From what she said its a diet used by MSERS....and he has found since being on it, his legs have been less painful and tingly and also his fatigue has improved and he is going out more.   Well I thought in for a penny in for a pound and decided to try it. I substituted Soya Milk for my milk and buy gluten free bread, pasta, and cakes (yes cakes I love Mrs Crimbles especially the apple cake yummy).   After 6 weeks I have lost 6lbs in weight, I too have gained some energy and my legs I suppose although still tingly are not as severe, and I have noted definitely the burning in my right leg which bothered me every day has not appeared for a few weeks now.   I have no idea why gluten and dairy free would help MSERS, does anyone else know this diet or about it. Oh yes also no red meat which I dont really eat anyway.   I noticed prior to starting this diet that i would get a lot of stomach aches but since stopping I havent had one. However, IF I do eat anything with gluten in it does make my stomach ache again and bloat.   Just interested really has anyone else followed this diet and does it have a name? Zel

• Free MS Soc. excercise DVD

Hello All,   Have just posted his link to Derby42.   But figured it may be pretty useful for lots of us.   Introduced by Sally Gunnell for the MS Society. For all abilities, standing and sitting excercises to help us gently s-t-r-e-t-c-h and excercise those muscles!!   http://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-resources/exercising-ms-dvd   Scully x

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.