The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Marina

"i-Inject" - iPhone App

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Sluggish
Marina

Just found this and didn't know if it might be of any use to iPhone and i-Touch users:

i-Inject for MS patients

Track injection locations and medications on your iPhone or iPod Touch:

http://www.i-inject.com/

As I don't inject, not using the DMDs, I haven't tried it although it might be useful just for tracking medications.

Costs

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

happyandy

Marina,

I had a look at this a week or so ago. Its very expensive for an app as you intimated particularly for what it does. Which is very little.

I am on Avonex so inject into my thighs. The nurse advised me to imagine a clock on each leg, 12, 3, 6, 9 and the centre. The problem is there isn't a reference point on each leg so Im probably injecting pretty close to the same site on each leg.

My idea would be to have a movable target on a pair of glasses. You put on the glasses, line up the site with the top of your knee and you have the target to aim at. I could make a fortune ......

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

Sluggish
Marina

Thanks Andy, very handy to get some feedback from someone who's had first-hand experience of it. I just included it here in case someone might find it useful, despite its cost...!

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Michelle

You could draw on your leg Andy. Yes/ :wtf: ?

:hugs2:

happyandy

Michelle

dohh!

My dreams off immense wealth crushed by feminine logic

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

Dianni

:hugs2::wtf::pig:

Never mind Andy, keep trying!

Hugs

Di

xxx

Hezza

Hi Marina,

I had a look at it too but didn't bother because of the cost and, also, because I'm due to get the new RebiSmart injection device for my Rebif within the next few months which tracks most of the information anyway.

As far as I know it doesn't track injection sites but I don't really need it too. I get skin reactions at my injection sites which linger for a couple of weeks so I just make sure I don't inject into an existing one :hearts_circle:

I did find a free iPhone app called Pillbox (http://pillboxapp.com/) which is fairly useful for tracking meds on a daily basis and also keeping medication lists. It also links to a database with medication information.

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Apps for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Some time ago, Andy recommended "a great app called Micromedex which contains a database of all the drugs that you can possibly think of" in this topic: http://ms-people.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12169   And another app Moody Me was suggested in this topic: http://ms-people.com/forum/index.php?showt...amp;#entry66451   That's given me the idea that perhaps we could suggest more apps we've found that may be of use to those of us iPhone/iPod/iPad users.   As I've got an iPod Touch and am now the proud owner of a white iPad 2 (got it within 3 minutes of going on sale online at John Lewis, and 2 mins later it was sold out!), I thought I'd add a few health and medical apps here that I came across. Some might be free even if limited as they might be trial versions, others paid. Some seem quite good, others maybe less so - it's all down to personal needs or opinion 3D Brain
      Shows how each part of the brain works and what it affects

Chronic Pain Tracker
      Not cheap, but one can draw where one's pain is on a "model" and create one's own list of pain descriptions, medications, notes etc.
      Daily Tracker
      Not strictly medical or health, but one can create any entries one wants and it will track them
      Headache Diary (ecoHeadache)
      Includes tick boxes showing different parts of the head and face, custom symptoms, meds etc, and tracks them in a graph
      iBP Blood Pressure
      Tracks BP and pulse
      iHealthTrax
      A general health tracker
      Medical Lab Tests
      Tells you what blood tests are for and what their reference ranges are
      Medscape
      Huge reference on all things medical. Needs registration on Medscape but it's free
      My Pain Diary
      Tracks pain and other chronic conditions
      Oh, my Head
      A simple headache tracker
      Re.minder
      Useful for all sorts of reminders including when to get your repeat prescriptions
      WebMD
      Check symptoms, drugs and treatments

It's an idea to read reviews in iTunes (for latest versions) although sometimes one only hears the negative ones and not the positive ones. Also check if apps are either iPad-only, "universal" (with a little + sign on them) which means they can be used full screen on all devices, or if it's "compatible" with all three devices which means it doesn't go full screen on iPad. Some of the paid ones sometimes make two versions, one for the iPhone/iPod and one for the iPad, which aren't universal and have to be paid for twice, for those of you who might have both - bit rotten to have to pay twice though! For the paid ones, you might want to download one or two of those apps that finds all the daily price-drops or apps that have gone free, to see if you might grab one cheaper or free.   So if anybody has any other apps they like for their health or medical info, please add them!   Feel free to discuss any such apps that might be useful to our health or MS here in this topic, as personal experiences can be useful, a bit like our own "reviews"

in General Discussion about MS

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.