The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
spooks

Fed up with Body Jolts

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

spooks

Hi everyone

i am so fed up with these weird body jolts, they are happening so often, even when im relaxing on the sofa, does anyone else get anything like this and if so what are they.

feel so miserable today, just want to cry

spooks

Hezza

Hi Spooks,

Sending you lots of :love: and :hearts: hon.

Not a symptom that I've had since my DX but I have had body jolts before and know how unnerving they can be. I'm sure this symptom has been discussed before though so hopefully someone else will come along soon and share.

As for feeling miserable, if you want to cry then have a cry hon. I personally believe that tears are an important release. Let it all out and then do something lovely just for you - maybe a chat with a good friend or some choccies and a DVD :censored:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Dianni

Hi hunni.

Loads of gentle hugs xxx :censored:

It's so hard not to feel miserable when our bodies do odd things and have a mind of their own isn't it?

I get these silly body jerks and they are so annoying. I always seem to get them when I'm relaxing. I swear my legs do it purely to make me uncomfortable! I'm affraid I don't have an answer regarding stopping them. I just get cross.

Cara is right hunni. It doesn't hurt to cry. The damage is done when everything is held in and glossed over. I'm useless at crying in front of anyone so take myself either into the bath or go to my bedroom and just sob.

Be kind to yourself hun. Don't be down on yourself for feeling like this. It's perfectly OK to be miserable, angry, scared and the rest!

Remember you aren't alone. There are lots of people here who are willing and able to support you.

Hugs

Di

xxx

Michelle

I used to get them quite frequently, and was scared to drink hot tea/coffee incase one should happen to me whilst holding the cup. I guess they are nerve impluses gone astray???

Hope you are feeling brighter today.

Michelle :censored:

spooks

Awww thanks for replies, its some comfort to know im not the only one that is experiencing this, although horrible we are, your right chock, dvd and perhaps a coffee, sofa, pillow and have a lounge day, although im having quite a few of these recently!!

i feel a bit better today after going to bed last night with terrible ache in back, took ages to sleep threw 1 pillow on floor, 10 mins later put it back lol weird jolts going on real hefty ones then noticed slight ones in legs almost instantly after, finally fell asleep only to dream the strangest dream that if i didnt find a loo i was going to have an accident. :censored:

Thank goodness i woke up!!!! :hearts:

:love:

Spooks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Body temperature

Hello friends I am a student and i believe i have found a treatment i hope we can ask the medical board to allow. I believe that adjusting body temperature will help in treating MS. Just like when a person goes outside when its cold. They forget about what they were thinking and focus on the cold. The reason is their veins get more narrow which stores more oxygen and makes them focus. I am having made a needle that adjusts blood temperature so veins are more narrow and stores more oxygen. The needle also heats up the blood and releases oxygen. It makes a person warm when its cold outside and cold when its warm. Theres no drugs. Its only a needle that heats and cools blood. I only ask for advocates to ask the medical board to allow the device to be used. I promise it will help a lot. Please reply  I hope you like what I share James

in General Discussion about MS

• Moving your body!

I have lived with MS  14 years ( now SPMS), I’m housebound but I’m not in wheelchair! I walk and balance a bit dodgy !! I try to exercise so I don’t seize up and I teach other warriors exercises too !! It’s great mentally & physically! It increases fitness, endurance, strength, flexibility, gait, posture, balance, coordination and mood ! Decreasing spasisity, pain, weight, fatigue!! If you have MS like me ... If your balance is not good... If your walking is dodgy... If your body is seizing up... If your symptoms are exacerbating... DO THIS, SEATED, STANDING, LYING ONLY: “Multiple Sclerosis Fitness with Jayne MSer & Warrior “: YouTube U.K. Try if you are able to 💋Big hug 💋 Encouragement, inspiration and help is all I want to give!!!!!    

• Body temperature

Hi everyone, I've been sitting in the lovely warm sun this morning, reading my Kindle, sunglasses & hat on when I decided it was time to move around. Well! I felt really unwell & was glad to take a proffered strong hand. Feeling much better now in the cool of the sitting room and after a long drink. Just made me wonder if ms can make you lose your temperature awareness & control. This would also explain my sudden sneezing fits! Any views out there? Jill x

• body temperature ?

does ms play a part in body temperature ? I have no cold or flu symptons always feeling the cold,ive got the heating on full ,and family are moaning its too hot !!,and stripped of to the bare minium !! tc guys xx

• weird sensation over body when drying hair

Hi, I don't know why but I've just noticed that when I'm drying my hair (quite vigourosly) I'm getting weird tingly sensations all over my body. I can replicate whenever I rub my scalp.   Has anyone else ever experienced this ?   Steve

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.