The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Michelle7070

Covid--19 Vaccines and DMD

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Michelle7070

Morning all,

I hope that everyone is keeping safe as they can at this awful time.

I just wondered if there was any information about the new vaccines that are going to be available and those of us on DMD treatments.  I have had 2 course of Ocrevus which I do appreciate lowers my immunity, but this new vaccine has got the live virus in it, so that "normal" people will be able to build an immnunity, so really my question is, if my family have the vaccine, am I going to be at risk?  My daughter (who lives with me at 20!) is a care worker in a residential home, so will be offered it.  What are the risks of me catching Covid-19 if she has the vaccine?

Can anyone offer any answers or direction.

Thanks all, I really do find comfort in the information I read on here.

Michelle:wave:

Procrastinating
Stumbler

I think it's too early to have this detailed information available regarding the new Oxford University vaccine. However, the general advice is as follows :-

"MS experts are not in agreement about the risks for a person with MS whose close family member receives a live-virus vaccine. The family should discuss with their healthcare provider how best to handle this situation."

Source : National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now