The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
crispy

This is very sad

29 posts in this topic Last Reply

crispy

Hi all, though how many 'all' is - is a real mystery :crying:

Since 0700 yesterday, only two messages posted, it's almost enough to start me smoking again. :clap:

Have all you guys found somewhere new, and not told me about it, or are you slipping into old habits?

:cheers:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

ddgorgeous

Chris,

I will be back around hopefully very soon, it is just one of those bad weeks and I have barely been out of bed in the last three days.

I am not ignoring this site, or found a new site instead. I am sure Teddy will be arond asap also.

Ron :cheers:

ppms, dx 2001

crispy

:clap: Hi Ron,

Sorry to hear you are not too good, I guess I'm just so full of my no smoking problems, that I tend to forget we all have our own problems. That is, of course, assuming that your time in bed has been forced on you.

Keep smiling :yes:

All the best,

Chris P

Hils

Hi Chris, Ron

Definitely still around but just seem to be very busy at the moment! :car:

Hope you're feeling better Ron, and Chris the torture at the moment will ease with time - you're doing brilliantly.

I had to go and grovel pathetically at the police station yesterday as they had given me a parking ticket. :crying: I'd parked in a road next to the hospital while I had some physio, and hadn't noticed it was a restricted zone so hadn't displayed my disabled badge. :wallbash:

Went to the police station with stick, disabled badge and a folorn face, explained how stupid I had been and they took pity onme and have retracted the fine. But I've learnt my lesson and will always check for signs in future!

Keep your spirits up,

Hils x

If you can meet with triumph and disaster...and treat those two imposters just the same...

crispy

Hi Hils, :cheers:

Thanks for dropping in, and also for your support.

Glad you got your parking troubles sorted out, it's good to know that a few people in authority still have a sensible side :yes:

Don't work too hard at whatever you are at. :D

Keep smiling, :clap:

All the best,

Chris P

stranding

Hi non-smoker Chris!! :jump:

I'm also guilty of silence, very sorry. Also another one busy with lots of stuff

Remember to KYPU at all times...

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

crispy

Hi Ann, :clap:

Thanks for joining in, especially when you have so much going on at the mo.

Today is my fifth day, and I'm hoping it will stay as it is now. It's the first day when I didn't wake up thinking about smoking. Your support has helped a lot, so apart from the health reasons, I have to make sure I don't let all my friends down :D

Good luck with your ropey talk today, let's all hope you don't get tongue-tied :fear:

All the best, :cheers:

All the best,

Chris P

manc1

Hi Chris,

When you read this imagine a big brass band outside yourhouse, a line of dancing girls showering you with rose petals and a big banner across your street saying WELL DONE CHRIS. No one knows how hard it is unless you have been there. None smokers with the best of intentions say "well done carry on the good work" but what you really want is a medal. you have done well, keep it up, I know what you are going through, you will win

talk soon

p & p

FISHER

:cheers::clap::fear:

HI CHRIS,

WELL DONE FOR KEEPING OF THE CIGS. JIM AND I ARE HAVING A LADY FROM SMOKING CESSATION VISIT US ON WEDNESDAY TO SEE IF SHE CAN HELP US GIVE UP, WE KNOW WE SHOULD BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HELP JIM'S CONDITION.

YES WE DO AGREE WITH YOU THE BOARDS ARE VERY QUIET SINCE WE CAME ON AN AVERAGE OF FOUR PEOPLE HAVE ANSWERED US.

THERE ARE MORE VIEWINGS AND LESS REPLIES FOR THIS TYPE OF FORUM YOU WOULD THINK MORE PEOPLE WOULD BE TALKING TO EACH OTHER.

YOURSELF, HODGE, SUE, AND RON ARE TRYING TO KEEP THINGS GOING. AND CERTAINLY WITH US WE ARE ALL HEAR TO TRY AND HELP EACH OTHER AND A GOOD CHAT OR GIGGLE DOES THE WORLD OF GOOD.

JIM IS DOING WELL ON HIS LDN BUT THE MORE INFORMATION ANY ONE CAN GIVE US THE BETTER, THEN WE KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT OVER THE COMING WEEKS.

ALL THE BEST.

THE TARTAN TWO.

JIM & LIZ. :fear::fear:

crispy

Hi guys, :fear::fear:

Thank you P&P and Jim & Liz for your wonderful messages of support :cheers:

This is just a quick response as I'm about to face up to my first real challenge, we have friends coming to dinner.

Glad to hear you are still doing ok with LDN Jim, I'm sure we're all keeping fingers crossed for you.

All the best to you all, :clap:

All the best,

Chris P

stranding

How's everyone doing today? Was just thinking it might be a bit more difficult not to think about ...s-m-o-k-e... with Nov. 5th coming up.... More difficult, yes, but NOT impossible of course... :crying: We must all keep chattering away to each other to keep well occupied!

:cheers::clap::fear::fear::fear::fear:

Am just back from the rope talk. Despite the awful rain (uurrgghh, it's been pissssssin for days here), Angela was brave enough to come, even willing to sit right in the front, in full range of any spluttering I might do, so thanks, Angie! :angel: (She's still having computer problems so may not be able to post yet.)

If anyone is interested, I told the group about this:

If you've seen any of the TV series with Adam Hart Davies such as "What the Victorians did for us" and so on, there's another one being made. This one is to be called "What the past (or the ancients) did for us" and will be about what different old cultures have contributed to civilisation, eg the Greeks, Romans etc. One week will be about the ancient Chinese and that will include their silk. To illustrate how strong silk is, they wanted to get two teams of rugby players to test the breaking strengths of a one metre length of silk rope against a length of steel rope that weighed exactly the same.

They had gone and bought a cheap tassel with some "silk rope" attached from a curtain shop & thought that would be fine..., but after spending 2 hours setting up the shot, the rope broke in a "nanosecond" :bricks: Not silk at all, of course and not proper traditional twisted rope either, but made the "cheating" way to reduce the costs by making the centre core with nasty rubbish "shoddy" yarn (think re-cycled old woolies from the tip...).

So then they scratched around urgently for someone to make them a length with PROPER, REAL silk, but ropemakers who know anything about silk or how to handle it but also willing and able to make just a one metre length just don't grow on trees. So they were in a frantic panic when I got an urgent phone call. Can we have it tomorrow for another try with these new rugby players?... so I said

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

stranding

Hi Chris

Just read about your challenge

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

stranding

Hils

Sorry, had to laugh a bit at your parking exploit, as it could easily have been me. But the sensible police obviously recognise a real innocent abroad, don't they? The forlorn face as well as the blue badge was a very good idea...! Very glad you got away with it :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Ann :sheep:

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

stranding

Jim and Liz

Will be sending you some quality guns from the factory :blowup: soon for your own battles to come (and all good stuff, none of yer fell-off-the-back-of-a-lorry rubbish). Do let us know how your visit goes?

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

stranding

Hi Ron

How are you? Do hope you're feeling a bit better. Ducky's been concerned about you too. She sends a special poke-squeak your way and may even be ready to do a bit of forgiving...who knows? Look after yourself.

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

crispy

Hi Ann, I know I'm butting in here but...

She sends a special poke-squeak your way
I just have to ask what one of those is - The picture it conjures up is just too much :clapping:

:tabletalk:

All the best,

Chris P

crispy

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the rope story, it sounds very interesting, I'll have to set a reminder.

Last night was not too bad, because fotunately, both friends have given up too. It did seem strange though, we are all so used to popping out to the conservatory between courses or between games. The real test will be this morning, after a cooked breakfast. Any smoker will tell you that the best part of a cooked breakfast is the hot drink and cigarette straight afterwards, but I've got to get that kind of thought out of my head

Have a good day all :tabletalk:

All the best,

Chris P

stranding
Poke-squeak...I just have to ask what one of those is - The picture it conjures up is just too much

Hi Chris

Well, Ron probably won't mind my telling you that Ducky's actually got a very sensitive piece of high-tech engineering in her stomach, surgically implanted during her previous life as a top-of-an-Easter-cake-duck. Now, whenever I give her a sharp poke, she replies with a sort of manic, high pitched ducky squeak. I know she's delighted to be poked because she does this every time without fail, even if she's been fast asleep in her bed above the monitor

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

angela

Hi all yes I did go to Ann's ropey talk and very imformative and amusing it was and she had a sample of the rope she made for the BBC,I did try and post yesterday but as Ann mentioned we're still having internet prob's not just me teenage son and daughter also,great to hear your still an unsmoker Chris P keep up the good work I'm going to hopefully post this now as this is as far as I got yesterday when the computer threw a wobbly take care all

Bye for now Angela

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

stranding

Angela!!

Love your new avatar!!! :tabletalk: Just the ticket for us odd job lot with wobbly lower halves :clapping:

And glad you managed to post. Yes, I will keep you all updated about when the rope prog is going out. And will try and take a photo of it to send. I have been trying to get another test done on the sample length to see how much it takes before it DOES break, but no luck with organising it so far. It would be an interesting thing for me to know anyway, but also thought the producers might add that to the prog.

Anyone see Rod Stewart on TV last night? How come that man just oozes glorious *appeal ??? :blink: :lol2: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Amazing.

That and his voice

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

smiffy

Hi there

Yes I caught the last 15 minuets of Rod Stewart and thought the young girl who had been a busker sang with the most beautiful voice. I hope that she gets a recording contract and that we hear more of her. I prefered to just listen to Rod singing as well as Ron playing, so that I could imagine them as being young again! The songs bring back memories of exciting and fun times for me and it was good to think back to then and remember my friends, who I am still in touch now they all live in Australia.

This is a brilliant smoke free zone, hope the fried breakfast didn't catch you out Chris.

I'll go now I'm feeling a bit tired and achey, I;ve been doing too much so may not be around for a day or two.

Bye for now

Shirley

angela

H I Ann yes I did and wasn't he fantastic and I thought I was Rod Stewart's No.1 fan ,behind my eldest sister but I can see I have serious competition! what do you think of his new style? I watched it this afternoon as we didn't get home till after midnihght,Jim did remember to put the video on which was just as well for his sake!!

angela

Sorry Ann

very quick again lost first post again! so now short of time,just to say yes I watched Rod Stewart on video this afternoon as we were late back,Jim remembered to put it on, just as well for his sake!glad you liked the avatar that was second choice I nearly chose the camel as it's like me getting nowhere fast,anyway I must go as I'm going out to a very exciting game of bingo (my brother calls)not far from you Ann at Buckland anyway take care bye for now Angela

crispy

Hi Angela, :clapping:

That's just a bit of nostalgia, I'm still hanging in there, though today has been the toughest yet. An 'unsmoker', that's a new one onme, but I quite like it. Thanks for thinking of me.

All the best, :tabletalk:

All the best,

Chris P

crispy

Hi Ann, glad the talk went well :tabletalk:

Love your new avatar!!!

All the best,

Chris P