The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
happyandy

World Cup

42 posts in this topic Last Reply

happyandy

Hi Folks

13 seconds on commentary and 1966 was mentioned. Must be a record.

Missed the England goal on ITV HD because they went to commercial 4 minutes in.

Missed all of the second half with my the sound of my neighbours laughing

Andy

If I knew I was going to live so long I would have taken better care of my body

brainless

ur a naughty man, Andy!

can't say watched much, not my thing. In hotel with a friend for some of it and everyone - not many - seemed bored...... was it bad match???

Lottie, x

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

Lindyloo

hope you get your tv sorted out andy... i thought is was a great match... pity the goal keeper made a ricky....

Spose its great England have 1966 to talk about LOL ......

If we had ever won the world cup im sure we would keep banging on about it too!! hehehehe

Lindyxxx

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

happyandy

It would have been appropriate if the advert was a pizza advert and Robert Green dropped it

...and the England team shouted "Butterfingers"

Andy

Michelle

We were watching on HD too. Couldn't believe it when it came back on, and we had missed the goal. After gearing up to the match all day we were left gob smacked :welcome: .

'Butterfingers' got it in a nutshell. I was dreading the ball going into Englands half,and put my throw over my head when it did :cheerleader:

What a let down.

Michelle <<<<<putting myself up for Englands goalie.

Christina

I felt gutted for Green - poor bloke! It's a symptom of watching England - it's never straightforward or without head under the covers moments!!

Chris x :cheerleader:

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Michelle

I know! Poor chap. You had to feel for him. His face said it all.

M x

Lindyloo

aww poor guy... i felt sorry for him.. Im sure if he gets a chance he will be a HERO yet!!! thinking of Penalties!! ahhh

Im looking forward to Holland & Denmark tomorrow..... 2 arsenal strikers on 2 different teams...

I have a bet on Van Persie to be top goal scorer for the world cup..

Lindyxxx

LindyLoo xx

ptlike

Hiya Andy

Well I heard ITV decided posh scots with HD would get duff deal :help2: English with normal Tvs would get full and good quality viewing :rofl: Your nieghours were laughing because they had normal tv and they knew you had HD :lol3:

Good start from our team hey Andy :boo_hoo:

Best wishes

Peter

Hi Folks

13 seconds on commentary and 1966 was mentioned. Must be a record.

Missed the England goal on ITV HD because they went to commercial 4 minutes in.

Missed all of the second half with my the sound of my neighbours laughing

Andy

ptlike

Hi Michelle

Obviously ITV have a thing about posh welsh women too :boo_hoo: Goalie made a great save though so I personally think he did ok not like those Scotch goal keepers from years gone by :rofl:

Best wishes

Peter

We were watching on HD too. Couldn't believe it when it came back on, and we had missed the goal. After gearing up to the match all day we were left gob smacked :lol3: .

'Butterfingers' got it in a nutshell. I was dreading the ball going into Englands half,and put my throw over my head when it did :help2:

What a let down.

Michelle <<<<<putting myself up for Englands goalie.

ptlike

Hi Chris

He did make a great save though too

Best wishes

Peter

I felt gutted for Green - poor bloke! It's a symptom of watching England - it's never straightforward or without head under the covers moments!!

Chris x :boo_hoo:

ptlike

Hi Lindy

Didn't the Germans play well :boo_hoo::help2:

Best wishes

Peter

aww poor guy... i felt sorry for him.. Im sure if he gets a chance he will be a HERO yet!!! thinking of Penalties!! ahhh

Im looking forward to Holland & Denmark tomorrow..... 2 arsenal strikers on 2 different teams...

I have a bet on Van Persie to be top goal scorer for the world cup..

Lindyxxx

Lindyloo

Yes they did Pete.... but it was only Austrailia???

cant wait for match tomorrow....C'Mon Holland!!!! :boo_hoo:

LindyLoo xx

happyandy

Yup back to council TV for me Pete :boo_hoo:

The games so far have been pretty dull although the Germans looked their usual efficient self last night.

Best world cup joke so far " Pity that John Terry didn't live next door to Robert Greens missus ..."

Andy

Michelle

Well, I'm gutted. Not because Austrailia lost,but because I put 2lb in weight on from drinking two Stella's. How poop is that? :boo_hoo:

Michelle :help2:

Edited by Michelle

ptlike

Hi Lindy

The Dutch had some luck but they were the better team. Looks like Argies and Germans best teams so far.

Best wishes

Peter

Yes they did Pete.... but it was only Austrailia???

cant wait for match tomorrow....C'Mon Holland!!!! :hearts_circle:

ptlike

Hi Andy

Did you used to watch Greevsy and the saint when they used to look at Scotish goal keepers :cheerleader: So whats wrong with council TVs Andy ?????

Best wishes

Peter

Yup back to council TV for me Pete :hearts_circle:

The games so far have been pretty dull although the Germans looked their usual efficient self last night.

Best world cup joke so far " Pity that John Terry didn't live next door to Robert Greens missus ..."

Andy

ptlike

Hi Michelle

And the three bars of cadburies :hearts_circle::huladancer:

Best wishes

Peter

Well, I'm gutted. Not because Austrailia lost,but because I put 2lb in weight on from drinking two Stella's. How poop is that? :cheerleader:

Michelle :love:

Lindyloo

bring on Spain i say!! Fernando Torres & Cesc Fabregas..

that should be a great game..

LindyLoo xx

Michelle
Hi Michelle

And the three bars of cadburies :hearts_circle::cheerleader:

Best wishes

Peter

Very funny! :huladancer:

Tania B

World Cup, what World Cup?

T

happyandy

So far this years world cup has been as dull as in 1994.

Im convinced that the ball has had an effect as teams struggle with over hitting the new ball. Only the Argentine match has raised the pulse with pulsating play mainly due to the mesmerising Messi. There are many downsides to having MS but watching every match in the world cup shouldn't be one of them.

Even the Samba boys last night failed to live up to their pre-match billing. Clive Tylesdale the commentator (a friend of my late wife) had checked the highest number of goals Brazil had scored in preparation for last nights slaughter. I was going to use the phrase "lambs to the slaughter" but Im not bringing that subject up again (Naughty Pete. Naughty).

However no one bargained for a plucky display from North Korea. The Korean number 9's tears were as dramatic as Gazza's in Italia 90. and that was just the playing of the national anthem. Over the course of the next 90 minutes, in what was on paper the biggest mismatch in world cup history, the Koreans display was on par with the British Armys defence of "Roukes Drift". When they scored the consolation goal later, I doubt there was a footie fan who didnt do a Roger Milla at the side of the house plant.

Who would have thought that a team coming from a country with an appalling human rights record and are trigger happy to launch their nukes at the west would have every neutral rooting for them Maybe we all like the underdog, or can it be the contrast of the Koreans training in a public gym against the 5 star resorts the major teams were using. A reminder of an age gone by where the punters on the terraces earned more than the players on the park.

Spain are up today and lets hope the world cup comes alive otherwise this reviewer, will have to contemplate returning to work.

Well maybe not.....

Andy

ptlike

Hiya Andy

Well Chile did well and Switziland just scored so maybe things will get better. I wonder whether Korea team have the threat of a beating or worse if they don't do well, remember what Sadam did to his players.

Haha lambs to the slaughter now what could that be a reference too???? :cheerleader:

Best wishes 'come on England' 'have a nice holiday Scotland' :clapping2:

Peter

happyandy

Im watching spain trying to walk the ball into the net but the Swiss are just not allowing them to play.

Makes Englands result look not too bad.

If they can play out their skins, there is nobody I would be frightened off

Maybe Chile, super game.

Andy

ptlike

Hiya All

Super result switzerland game they are all gonna have to play now, bring it on. Sorry Andy your gonna have to wait 4 years at least

Best wishes

Peter