The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
derby42

returning function

1 post in this topic Last Reply

derby42

hello all.

this has been/is being such a long slow process for me. my leg started playing up and i developed a limp and dropfoot. then my leg started to shake at the knee when i walked. i began to have cramps and spasms in the morning. this happened over a few weeks to a couple of months and my leg used to feel like i had a tight band around my knee at times.

then it just stopped doing all the strange sensation things and became like a dead thing from my knee down. there was nothing and it started wasting.

after a few months i started having pain in my calf muscle and then it went away but there is feeling there now. not control but feeling.

its felt light and weightless for a long time but now its starting to feel heavy. when i stand i feel more like im on two feet rather that a foot and a block of wood. this hasn't been sudden, i think its been changing for a long time and at first was just for minutes here and there but the last few days its been most of the time.

im asking for anyone when has recovered a body part gradually to share the experience with me please. as in, do sensations start to change? half of me is a bit scared that its a bad sign but surely anything that feels more normal is good. I've lived for so long with weirdNess that it feels odd to feel a bit normal.it feels a bit like its in reverse, my leg is spasming again in my the mornings. i haven't got my control from the knee down back but my drop foot has improved. thankyou.

Edited by derby42

derby x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Blood test for thyroid function on Monday.

Hi all.     My perimenopause has now been chugging along for twelve miserable years.  It's not fair. I've had depression (thyroid tick), palpitations, breast cysts, low thoughts, super dry skin (thyroid tick), yellow thick skin on my feet (thyroid tick), super heavy menses (thyroid tick) and my hair is falling out approx twice as fast as it used to (thyroid tick), weight gain (thyroid tick) and severe sleep disturbance but also all of these things bar the very dry skin type perfectly well for a lack of fertility hormones, so I'm being tested for that too. And anaemia for the super heavy menses, I must be losing a few pints a month, no kidding.     There is a link between hypothyroidism and MS I know.  Is there a blood marker for MS related to the thyroid?    

in General Discussion about MS

• Returning after a while away....

Hi Everyone, I have not used this forum for some time.   I as diagnosed some 20 years ago with RRMS. In the intervening years my MS has changed, but very gradually. So I have had a good run or my money.   Sadly, nothing is forever, and this year I was diagnosed with SPMS. I was taken off of beta interferon, having used it for many years.   And now the Occ Health Nurse at work has advised me to reduce my hours by a quarter.   I always take the advice of the medics, but now I will deprived part of my salary, which means a readjustment of my, and my family's, lifestyle. I have taken the advice this time because I know that I can no longer do as much as I used to.   Worryingly, I find myself forgetting all sorts of things these days. From words to birthday.   I was wondering if anybody could advisement on a technique to help overcome this problem. I have tried sudoku, on the advice of my GP, but I can't see the benefit.   I would be grateful for any words of help.

• Cognitive function impairmenr

You may find this interesting ...Patient experience   Just click on the link.   Tania

• Problems with brain function?

OK, you guys are the first people I have spoken to about this, so please don't tell anyone!   There are some things that happen sometimes that I have been dismissing as me just getting older (I'm 56 )   When I am typing, I often make mistakes (much more than I used to). Some mistakes I have been putting down to my hands; for instance repeated letters where my hands don't pick up as quickly as they used to. Something that I don't think can be due to my hands is that I very often change the order of the letters these days. This never used to be a problem. I am a touch typist, so I am not looking at the keys. Up until recently I have always been very accurate.   Also, when speaking or sometimes reading, I say the wrong word and don't realise that I have done it. Yesterday, while reading to a child I read '10 seconds' as '7 seconds'. He pointed it out to me and I was surprised as I hadn't noticed. I reread it and did it again. I noticed it that time and had to really concentrate to read it correctly.   Sometimes when speaking, I seem to struggle to say a word correctly and rather slurr it. I have been telling myself that this is normal as you get older, but I haven't really noticed anyone else doing it. My son often teases me about it.   I have also had, a couple of times, short moments of feeling very confused and unsure what to do.   I have dismissed all this, but now wonder if I should tell someone. I am awaiting my first appointment with a neurologist.   Does anyone recognise these problems?   I AM REALLY GIGGLING NOW AS I HAVE POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG PLACE!   Perhaps someone can move it for me to the correct place. Sorry!

• brain function

hi again. trying not to stress about this but I've noticed that im finding it harder to work things out such as sums for example and im not concentrating on everyday things as well as normal.   apparently i answer a question my hubby asks me , such as what i fancy for tea and i tell him and then i can't remember the full conversation so i get a surprise when my meal turns up.   when i watch the tv im asking what's happening cos i can't remember stuff i only watched a day before.   hubby keeps telling me im watching a different channel to him and laughing about it, as have i but today i got upset about it. he says im just being silly but im thinking its worse than that.   can this thing mess your brain up? i used to be am intelligent person and now i find even simple things more difficult. i have to THINK whereas before i didn't have the awareness of thinking, i just did it.   im a little scared, as always im thinking ahead and worrying about helping my babies with homework etc.   maybe the stress is taking its toll onme or maybe I've been watching too much coronation street!

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.