The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
sharron

the storm

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

sharron

hope everyone ok after the storm.the isle of wight has been hit by the highesrt recorded gusts 99 miles an hr,ferries,fastcat and hovercraft cancelled,not a good idea to have a breakout from one of the three prisons on the island,no escape !!!! lol.really hope everyone ok ,take care xxx

Nick

Thanks for the thoughts Sharron,

Not to bad here on the East Coast. We had a couple of 50 mph gusts but my roof is still on.

Nick

Just another Warrior...........

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Well, I was sitting here on the south coast, fearing the worst - I remember 1987 vividly! But, it didn't happen!

!987 - 15 million trees uprooted; 2013 - 1000 tress uprooted! No real comparison.

But, it was better to be safe than sorry!

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Sleepy
Scully

Here is West Suusex,

Like you we feared the worst. Got pretty windy during the small hours. Still have power, a few trees down locally, but nothing like 1987 at all.

The only casualty was our garden bench was upturned on the patio. We should have taken the cover off it, as the cover acted like a 'mainsail' and helped it on its short flight . Not damaged though.

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Sluggish
Marina

All's well in my part of Bucks. I took half a Sominex so's to sleep through it! :devilgrin:

I'd moved my car away from two tall trees as a precaution. The trees are intact but, ironically, a buddleia (sp?) bush next to where I'd parked my car got broken in half down the middle. Now I can't get into the car as the broken bush is next to the driver's side of it. Otherwise, there's just a load of leaves everywhere.

I must've been lucky here though, as several cars were hit by trees and badly damaged only 10 mins from here.

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Mal

What storm ?

everything fine in the North East , its turned into a nice bright afternoon :)

derby42

north west here!

usual rubbish cold wet and windy weather as expected!

I just wanted to say how much its appreciated that all of you have taken the time to let us know youre all ok.

thankyou x

• Like 1

derby x