The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
woblyboy

Something I found whilst rooting in'Satan's Box'

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

woblyboy

Life is short.

Occasionally bend the rules

Forgive quickly,

Kiss slowly,

Love truly,

Laugh uncontrollably,

And never regret anything that made you smile.

Hello there,the gobbledegook above is a very short but moving little bit of prose,but can I ****ery get it to download as we all wish it would.As usual my systolic is rising faster than the cost of gas as I wrestle with anything to do with computers.

If you can explain stuff in a Fischer Price manner,you've just found a customer,I wanted one of those annoying little things that shows the face of a bloke about to have a hernia trying to find an annoying little thing........................

Wb .

Edited by Marina
Copied text from .doc into post :-)
  • Like 3

woblyboy

I can now open it by going through Microbe soft office or some such thing which appeared when I clickede on the little book by my title.This might be childs' play for some peeps,but it makes me want to.............

• Like 1

Sluggish
Marina

Hi WB :hippy:

By "little things that shows the face of a bloke", do you mean what is known in forum-land as an "avatar", the image next to your name in every post you make? If yes, to add an avatar:

- Go to the button marked "Settings" in the top dark menu. Or, click on the little arrow next to your name at the top right and click on "My Settings".

- Once in Settings, the first thing you'll see at the top is “General Account Settings”.

- Directly under that is "Photo" with a silver box marked "Change my photo". Click on it.

- You can then upload an image from your computer to use as your avatar/photo.

Note that images for avatars must be small images (250 pixels), the same size as everybody else has, and no bigger than 50 kb.

If you're having trouble uploading one, please PM me and I'll see what I can do to help :flowerface:

Or, if you mean smilies/emoticons, those tiny icons like this: :devilgrin: , then you need to click on the little smiling face in the toolbar. Warning, there are over 200 of them if you click "Show all"!

Re downloading Word doc files that you've uploaded - they can't automatically show as text in a post. So, yes, you've got it right by clicking on the little icon next to it, which then asks what program you want to open it in, which would be Micro$oft Word or any other program able to open .doc files. Maybe it might be easier to just copy and paste the text from the file into a post? If you like, I can take the text from the file and copy and paste it in for you?

PS - I'm going to move this to the "Lounge" as it might be more appropriate there than in "Jokes". Hope this is OK :-)

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)