The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
N666HTY

Pregnancy

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

N666HTY

Erm... just done a test and not the best news for me. Unplanned and singĺe!

No idea as to what i might do. Anyone been in this situation?

Im 38 in a few weeks already have 2 boys aged 11 and 19. Was diagnosed in 2015 with RR MS. i take plegridy.

Im in shock and worried and scared and dont no what to do!

Procrastinating
Stumbler

You're not the first and you won't be the last.

You should stop taking the Plegridy now, just whilst you decide what you should do next.

You could give the MS Society Helpline a call (0808 800 8000) for specific advice. Also, give your MS Nurse a call, just to keep them in the picture.

Hope this helps.

:moonieman:

• Like 3

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Sleepy
Scully

Hello,

You do need to see your GP or MS Nurse as a matter of urgency. As stumbler says, the drugs you are on may need to be stopped, whatever you decide to do about the pregnancy, for your own health and peace of mind.

Have you spoken to anybody yet?

Scully

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Pregnancy, Babies, Kids & MS . . . . .

Hello MS buddies (and those who just understand what they hell MS is!)   At the moment me and the Hubby are trying for our first baby and I was wondering if there is anyone else in the same (ahem!) position! LOL   It'd be lovely to find out the experience of you all as I'm worried how my MS may restrict me in the future and how this may impact upon being a parent.   Look forward to the convo. . . . . . .

in General Discussion about MS

• what borderline pregnancy test can mean !

hi all yet again   after getting back from the hospital i thought id let you all no what the neuro said to me today . he siad that they knew i wasn't pregnant but a borderline pregnancy test could mean there were cancer cells present ??? so thats why they'v been doing all these tests to rule that out !!! so today i'm pleased to tell you all i havent got cancer i'm not pregnant and i start the drugs trial next week !!! wayhay some very good news for a change !!!   lisa x

• second pregnancy test borderline ?

hi everyone   i'm still waitng to start my drugs trial i only have two weeks left to begin it or i'm out of time . i had to go for a scan which proved there were no babies hiding !! but they did a second blood pregnancy test which bloody well came back boarder line again so tuesday i have to make the 3/4 hour round trip again for MORE blood tests if this carries on i won't be allowed to start the drugs trial which i was very excieted about so i just have to wait and see what tuesday brings. thanks for listening to my rants but i'm just so fed up with all the uncertany     lisa x

• boarder line pregnancy test ?

well hi again everyone   as you now from my last post i'v been accepted on a drugs trial. well after spending all day having test before i can have my first infusion the trial nurse rang me to say one of the tests they did was a pregnacey test which came back BORDER LINE ??? one i thought you could be either pregnant or not ?? an two i have a coil fitted so i thought i would be well safe ?? so now i have to go to my neuros hospital (nearly two hours away) for a ultra sound an more blood tests because the drugs company doing the trial say i can't have these tests done at my local hospital. an to make thing worse i have to wait a week before i go. so you can imagen what a shock all this is. i dont think i am pregnant but i suppose you can never be 100 percent about these things ?? i will keep you up dated   lisa (in shock) x

• Sick of post pregnancy relapse

Feeling thoroughly down and sorry for myself. Having enjoyed the best health since before I was DX during my pregnancy I am now enduring a relapse. Had baby in April and the relapse started may/june. (hard to tell as I've been poorly with anaemia)   Totally sick of the relapse, want to enjoy baby and I'm just not able to. It's purely balance issues, numbness and vision probs (mild but bloody irritating)   Any tips or sympathy gladly received.     LB x

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.