The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
horseydawn

Turning into a charity queen

31 posts in this topic Last Reply

horseydawn

:rain: Hi Everyone,

Well, just thought I'd share my good news. The Cricket club have allowed us to have use of their function room. (huge sigh of relief!) First event is Monday 11th so I'd better get some invitations out!!

HOWEVER, the local"neuro group" have been thinking of organising a social evening, and so I have told them that if these evenings are successful, then we can keep them up permanently for them.

This whole thing is snowballing!!!!! :rain:

Keeping me out of mischief though, and it is GREAT to feel useful and to put some of those old organisational skills to use. (Without any pressure from greedy companies LOL).

Brian is the one doing the trek but it feels as if it's me doing the hard work, though he will have to get stuck into some serious training soon. (No Bri, playing golf with yer mates doesn't count!!!!!)

Anyway, he is getting :howdy: excited as we read an article by Bernie Nolan who's done the trek already and she said they had to share showers, and the only others we know of who are on Bris trip as yet, are all LAYDEES!!!!:rain:

BUT Bernie did do the trip with her husband LOL. (Sorry Bri!)

And so, if anyone is near enough to attend, it would be lovely to see you!!!

Best wishes,

Dawn :rofl3:

and Brian :rofl3:

Horsey Dawn

Our Website

horseydawn

Guess Bri will just have to share his shower with TE :howdy: DDY

Horsey Dawn

Our Website

Sluggish
Marina

Dawn, that's great news for you!

Feel free to put your event in the Calendar :howdy:. If you find it too complicated, let me have the details and I'll put it in the Calendar for you (don't forget to give the venue either).

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

Michelle

Hi Dawn,

Where is the event taking place?

Michelle :howdy:

ddgorgeous

Dawn,

That is all great news, I hope the events go down a storm. I am sure it will be a lot of extra work for you just now, but please tell yourself this 'if it was easy, anyone could do it'. It is not anyone, it is you arranging all this and Brian trekking through China next year.

Teddy :rofl3: is still in the USA and I do not know when he will be back. He was meant to go to Scotland's Secret Bunker http://www.secretbunker.co.uk/ tomorrow, but it has been shelved for just now, so maybe he will be back in time to go later this year before it closes for the season.

Please let us know of dates and venues of any fundraising events you are organising.

Ron :howdy:

ppms, dx 2001

horseydawn

:howdy: Hi evetyone!

The evenings will be held on alternate Monday evenings at Slaithwaite Cricket Club, Racton St., Slaithwaite, Huddersfield. Ir is 10 mins away from M62 Juncrion 23 ftom Manchester, and about 15 minutes from juncrion 24 (both directions). It is a great place as it has loads of parking and they have spent a lot putting in disabled friendly slopes etc. There is a lovely view accross the valley.This is "Where The Heart Is" country, if it is sounding familiar, only they call it Skelthwaite!

MOnday 11th September is to be an Usborne childrens book party and social evening, to begin for 8. Entrance is Free, there is no obligation to buy anything, just come and give some support!

The next "do" is to be a harvest auction on Mon 25th, again commencing at 8. Entrance is Free but we would love it if guests would bring along something to auction. Size of donations doesn't matter, it could be a carrot or a hamper! Besides fruit and veg, we are hoping rhere will be some cakes (I'll be bidding in rhose!), handicrafts and home produce, flowers etc....This shoulld be a great chance fir everyone to bag some bargains besides raising money!

Each fortnight I will hold a raffle and there is a bar also. I will take along some cards, games etc, if anyone wants to come along but aren't bothered about the entertainment!!!

I aim to make it different everytime.

I also have some MS trust leaflets and information that will be on display for people to look at/take away and of course some sponsorship forms for :rofl3: Brian!

If you are unable to make it, then photos, results etc will be on our webpage under "past evenrs" for you to see what we all got up to!

THANK YOU all for your support, you may be some of my newest friends, but you are all GREAT!!!!!

Best wishes!

Horsey Dawn

Our Website

Sluggish
Marina

Dawn, I've added it to the Calendar for you :hippy:.

It's the 1st time I've done a "recurring" event, so I'm not sure if it'll show all the time or just once a week... I'll see as time goes by, but hopefully it'll show often enough.

Lots of good luck with it!

Marina

Michelle

Just looked at Marina's calendar that she has done for you. I did not realise that today was the day. However, I hope you have had a brilliant time.

LOts of Luck for forth coming events

Michelle :hippy:

Sluggish
Marina

The event wasn't 1 Sept, it's the calendar that's difficult to figure out :rofl3: . I was hoping that putting it under "recurring" (weekly), it would stay there all the time for the whole year, but instead it just shows once weekly, one day a week. So I've changed the calendar setting to the usual "forthcoming 90 days" as that way it'll show daily for the next 90 days.

Otherwise, the event is every other Monday :hippy:

Marina

horseydawn
:hippy:THANK YOU MARINA!: :rofl3:

Horsey Dawn

Our Website

horseydawn

Well folks, :hello:

Time I got off this computer and got dressed! Got a busy day and my back is killing before I start, what a glutton for punishment lol!

Going to call in and see my beloved horsy this motning, Brian :snail: doesn't appreciate me having another male in my life.....I am lucky that I have the help of a lovely lady as I would hate to have to part with him. (The horse that is- though i could do with some help to look after Brian :snail: too LOL)

THEN the girls go dancing on a Saturday morning...a bit of disco and rock and roll.....It's hard to sit still, :hippy: would lve to jump onto the dancefloor and join in LOL. (luckily girls aren't old enough to be embarassed by me just yet, but they may just be if I did THAT!) Wonder if the dance teacher will put on a show for us one Monday night???

Normally I would chill out all afternoon but we've been invited to "Rush Bearing" and so we're going to go along and see what it's all about! Think it is to do with the days when churches had rushes on the floors!?!?

Will let you know!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Best wishes, :rofl3:

Horsey Dawn

Our Website

horseydawn

Hi folks,

First can I say a big HAPPY BITHDAY to my hubby Brian :party: and ro Frank as well of course! :party:

Well seems rushbearing is where loads of strong guys pull a virgin on a huge rush cart through the villages from pub to pub and evryone follows. Except us, who had a meal in the first pub and then stayed in the second all afternoon. Girls sang James Blunt You're Beautiful (minus swearing!)perfecrly on karaoke, and this is when revelation like, I realosed it was time to change the cd in the car, as they are only 4 and 6 and couldn't possibly have been reading all those words that quickly!!!!

Of course got dripping wet through!!!

MS moment only became apparent this morning when I remembered joking that mcdonalds for tea wasn't exactly sunday dinner, to be met by blank stares!!!!!DURRRRR It was SATURDAY!LOL, and of course me with my stick blended in beautifully with all the hikers that were around! In fact the only difference was that I looked like I was riding astride a humongous slug and of course they all whizzed past, but still, felt quite normal sitting down LOL (When my mouth was shut LOL).

Also got miffed when the aforementioned virgin went missing after going in the pub and they began to look for another, I said to my friend I'd do it, save my legs to which the surrounding crowd laughed??????????????? I hope this was due to my girls swinging on my legs calling me MUM rather than the facr rhat this Ms makes me walk (as mentioned earlier) a lirrle....ahem....wide LOL

Anyway, :snail: gone to play golf and I'd better make an effort for when he gets back-well it is his Birthday!

best wishes,

Horsey Dawn

Our Website

Michelle

:party: Dawn....Talk about MS moments I nearly called you Stan :teddy: Don't ask me where that came from. I don't even know a Stan :idea:

I was so tired yesterday after a morning of shopping. that when we arrived home, I decided to make a cup of tea...as you do. Whilst I was trying to brew the tea...I was picking at some nibbbles. Next thing i knew, I had only put a tea bag in my mouth.

Andrew was in hysterics. I thought, Oh my god! i am really cracking up :snail:

As for that virgin you were talking about, I agree... Next time you do it :lmao: It will definately save your legs.

Hope Brian has had a good day golfing. I was trying to think of a golfing joke. But guess what? I forgot :lmao:

Take Care

Michelle :party:

horseydawn

:wavebunny: Well folks, this is it, tomorrow my youngest stats full tome school..............................................Nah seriously I am secretly looking foeward to it!!!!! She has stayed for dinner this week to get used to it but come home at 1.

Can't believ how quickly time flys!!!

Well, I don't have a CLUE how many will turn up on Monday night with it being the first one, but I have been asking loads of people! At least being back at school means I've seen the other mums to ask. Most are realy pleased as it means THEY can have a night out also!!!! Could do with updating my website but am knackered with having to get up by the alarm clock again, so am going to be good and go to bed, so please no interesting mails until I have logged out or I will be up all night reading them LOL

Best wishes,

Horsey Dawn

Our Website

Michelle

Dawn,

Your post brings back memories. I can see my girls standing in the back garden whilst i took photo's of them, In their little grey slips and bright red cardigan's. Full length white socks and black shoes :lmao:

My eldest was fine. It was the youngest that I had trouble with :wavebunny: She used to rugby tackle the teachers in an attempt to get out of school :lmao: She was a nightmare, and follows me in many of her ways :lmao:

Obviously that was many years ago as they are now 23 and 19. One a graduate, and the other still don't have a clue about what she wants to do :lmao:

Well, I hope your little one has a great time in school and during the day you are able to do some of the things you need to... Like rest :lmao:

Have a great day.

Michelle :singing: Increase in pregablin is making me dizzy :lmao:

Girls, having my hair cut today. Will get to have a head massage. Bliss.

Michelle

As you can see by the amount of smilies... I am a tad hypo.

Oh Well!

Michelle :wavebunny: Tryiing to clam down :singing:

ddgorgeous

Michelle,

I still don't know what I want to do and I'm now forty!............so please do not worry about your daughter, I am sure she will decide on something when it is suitable and when it feels right.

Ron :wavebunny:

ppms, dx 2001

Michelle

Ron,

Gosh! Your 40? Now I'm depressed. Your younger than moi.

Michelle :hairraising:

ddgorgeous

Peter-Pan...............I come out every Christmas and never seem to age!

It has been a pest workwise, as nobody seems to take anyone seriously if they look younger than they are, but I think it kind of :trampoline: Nobody believes me when I say my age, the last one was only a few days ago when I was told that I did not look a day over 25! :hehehe:.............shame I feel as though I am going on 85!

Stud Muffin Ron :hairraising:

ppms, dx 2001

Michelle

:hehehe: Ron,

You could be my toy boy :rofl3:

Peter Pan :hairraising: MY left foot :rofl3:

You have made me laugh tonight.

Can't wait for my pint :boat:

Michelle :trampoline:

Michelle

Doesn't a pint sound common?

:trampoline:

Michelle

Ron,

Don't say a word.

ddgorgeous

Michelle,

Nothing said! :trampoline:

Ron :hairraising:

ppms, dx 2001

horseydawn

:accordion: Well suppose you all want an update!!!!

Totally AMAZED at the amount of support!!! Just over a month and .....prepare yourselves.............we've raised over

Horsey Dawn

Our Website

Michelle

Well then,well then,well then :lmao: What a fantastic amount to raise... A big WELL DONE :thumbsup: To all involved.

As for male strippers :think: If I recall rightly, I think there was a Mod who used to do the circuit...So to speak: his name seems to have evaded me at moment :lmao: I also remember something about Teddy having to have his eyes covered, as he found it most shocking :hairraising:

Please dont tell me that poor Brian will be wearing a thong...as it's not quite the full monty?????

Serioulsy, it's a good idea and one that will raise money (hopefully nothing else) and give people a giggle along the way. :snake: <<<Sorry about the snake.He was staring at me. Dawn here's something Brian could wear :flyme::hehehe:

If the photo's go on any website (unless it's an adult site) they will have to be censored.

Well pigeons. I am in need of some coffee. All my lot are still in bed. Stayed up until 2pm watching scary films. So did I...but i woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep.

Have a good day everyone

Much Love

Michelle