The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
crispy

I'm for the chair (electric)

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

crispy

Hi all,

Yesterday I had a home demonstration from Totally Active (previously Stannah) of their powered chairs. I decided to go ahead with looking at the options, before I got to the point where I had no time to shop around.

They certainly have some great machines, but they don't come cheap. :no: The only one that I'd be interested in, was quoted at

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

stranding

Hi Chris :yes:

Yes, my parents had one fitted several years ago and it has been a real boon. Not only for them but for me too, especially when my Mum was ill and since she died in the summer. We have been selling and clearing the house since and it just would have been VERY much harder than it was without it.

They are supposed to be difficult to sell secondhand but don't see why that should be, especially for a simple straight run, as this one is. Unfortunately, the new buyer here has decided to keep it, removed but stored in the garage in case needed later.

Can't remember the name of the make offhand, but I can check in a few days at the house. I know my father did a lot of research before buying and kept the paperwork & receipts. It's from a smaller firm than Stannah and was cheaper, I think. No problems with the fitting or servicing (hardly needs any attention).

Is a straight run what you need? Wonder if there are sites for second hand machines like there are wheelchairs etc? Might be worth a search around.

Ann :sheep:

(and many thanks for the lovely welcome back :clapping::clapping: )

Remember to KYPU at all times...

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

stranding

Crispy

:clapping: Oh, sorry..... just re-read your message and realise you're talking about chairs not chairlifts :clapping: Please forget all the above :eek:

Ann :sheep:

Remember to KYPU at all times...

(Keep Your Pecker Up)

Ppms 20-ish years.

crispy

Thanks Ann, it's already forgotton :yes: ..... err, what is? :funny:

I shouldn't have mentioned Stannah, so it's all my fault. :clapping:? What is?

Have a good day, :D

:clapping:

All the best,

Chris P

Ellie

:clapping: Chris

I got my scooter (a Pride GoGo) from a company called Fairprice Mobility. The were recommended to me by the member of another list. I have been very happy with Steve the owner. He seems to match anyones price, and is always at the end of the telephone for help and advice. We saw one in a Mobility Shop

crispy

Hi Ellie, it's good to see you back on the forum :clapping:

I checked out the Web-site for Fairprice, they seem to offer the same price-match as many sites on the Web - I guess I'll have to wait for the written quote to come in before doing anything.

Are you going to be able to join us on Boxing Day? Either way, have a good Christmas. :yes:

All the best, :clapping:

All the best,

Chris P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now