The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Alison

Alison J Procter

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Alison

Hi Everyone...

I thought it was time that I come here and introduce myself....

I am Alison Procter, I am 41 years old and I am VERY happily married to David, and have been for 22 years. We have a son Daniel, almost 21, and a daughter Lauren, almost 16. We also had a little girl Sarah, who sadly died when I was 26 weeks pregnant, I still miss her, daily!

We also have 2 cats, Tabitha and Charlie, and 1 dog, Millie....she is a Shetland Sheepdog.

We have lived in St. Annes, 10 years this year...

I have had many years of ill health. I was dx with Sarcoidosis in 1994/5, and then had a total Hysterectomy, (1996) when I was 32 years old.

To cut a VERY long story short, I carried on with 'odd' illnesses even after the Sarcoidosis was 'supposed' to have burned itself out. I then had 9/10 years of tests, and eventually in February 2004 I was dx with RR/MS....

I have not been told how long I have had MS for, but I think maybe since 1999!

MS symptoms are...

Headaches, Neckaches, Facial Pain.

Migraine, Dizziness.

Vertigo, Bad Balance.

Tinglings, Numbness.

Muscle Twitches.

Cramp.

Crawlies....EVERYWHERE!

'Odd' sensations, anywhere.

L'hemittes.

Anyway thats a little about me.

Take care

Love Alison x :clapping:

crispy

Hi Alison, :flowerface:

It's great to have you here, and thanks for the detailed introduction.

I'd like to write more, and I will come back to this, but I'm right in the middle of a little job. :crutch:

Talk with you later, and keep smiling, :clapping:

................................ :dog: ........................................

All the best,

Chris P

Sluggish
Marina

Hi Alison and so glad you finally made it to our forum! :clapping:

As we know from the mailing list, we seem to have a slightly similar history... a full hysterectomy, "odd" mysterious illnesses for years, and no dx for years! :flowerface:

My symptoms are not too dissimilar to yours; mostly sensory and some mildish muscle twitches and cramps etc. Oh, and I have the most awful terrible lethargic fatigue too... and massive back pains... (I'm really not going to list all my symptoms here, it would take up several pages, har har, although I am mild compared to so many MSers).

Hope to see you around some more, and if ever you want a photo album of your own to upload your pics too, just ask me:crutch:

Marina

(belated DX in June '05, SPMS)

angela

Hi Alison

G

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.

angela

Hi Alison

As I was going to say great to see you here, sorry about the last unfinished

post I was in a hurry as I had my computer class to attend at 7.pm so I was

in a rush, got to my class along with the rest of my fellow "mature" students

all four of us (full class average at least seven)there we were patiently

waiting and trying to remember between us what we were "supposed" to

have learnt and remembered last term! :wacko: then found we needn't

have bothered as our tutor didn't turn up :crutch: anyway great to see

you here, I post here more than e-mail the other sight take care

:bye: for now Angela

Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world! Bette Midler.