The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
tdkstratus

Music

30 posts in this topic Last Reply

tdkstratus

Hi All

Was sitting on the bus on my way to work listening to my ipod which is crammed full of my favourite music and I just got this ideas. I wonder what everyone listens to when they are feeling down and need a really good pick me up. My favourite at the moment is Agnes 'Release Me'. I think it's quite appropriate.

What does everyone else think? Maybe we should all put a section in our ipods or burn some cd's with all our favourite tunes for our 'MS Off Days' lol.

Happy listening!

Terri

Ohana - Where nobody gets left behind or forgotten

DizzyDora

Dave Gilmour's, "On an Island" or any of the others on that CD lift my spirits

Hugz DD :hearts_circle:

Akorah

hi well my fave tune when im down is joy you bring by shaggy give it a listen i guarantee you will be dancing :hearts_circle:

chelly xxx

Hezza

Ooooh I couldn't just say one - for me it changes daily, here's a few...

• Sometimes I like to screech along with anything by Meatloaf - legacy from a summer season working at Butlins
  • Where ever you will go - The Calling
  • Mr Brightside - The Killers
  • Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls
  • Place your hands - Reef
  • F**k You - Lily Allen - I love this song but have to stop myself singing it when out and about!
  • Red - Daniel Merriweather
  • Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden...1st dance at my wedding

I'd better stop before I've listed everyone of the songs on my iPod!!

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

Heste

I have an odd range of music on my ipod.

I have Gilbert and Sullivan's the Mikado, Rossini's Barber of Seville and Lily Allen's last two albums including F**k You.

I also have my all time favourite Tom Lehrer and in particular his "Poisoning Pigeons in the park".

All the world seems in tune

On a spring afternoon,

When we're poisoning pigeons in the park.

Ev'ry Sunday you'll see

My sweetheart and me,

As we poison the pigeons in the park.

When they see us coming, the birdies all try an' hide,

But they still go for peanuts when coated with cyanide.

The sun's shining bright,

Ev'rything seems all right,

When we're poisoning pigeons in the park.

Then I have Buddhist chant and Rihanna.

It just depends on what mood I am in.

Regards,

John :hearts_circle:

ps: I have nothing against pigeons...I just love the lyrics.

tdkstratus

Hi Cara

I'm exactly like you. Friends know me as the walking music library lol. You name it i'll probably have it. Loving your list though. Was reading through it and it was like, yes, yes, yes. Great choice of tunes. Another one I find appropriate and I'm following a Disney theme is Miley Cyrus 'The Climb'. Great tune to get you through a particularly bad day.

Terri

Hezza

I actually have that Miley Cyrus song as one of my phone ringtones Terri - yet again great minds think alike :hearts_circle:

Life is short. Eat dessert first. Jacques Torres

tdkstratus

Is your leg buzzing lol.

I think my phone needs an overhaul with the music. I think I'll do that tonight. But I'm dreading going through all of my Itunes. But 10,362 songs to go through, I'll be there all night lol. But I'll have fun doing it listening to some great tunes.

Terri

Lindyloo

Nice thread Terri :sweet:

I lurveeee music -- i would be lost without it .

My moblie phone ring is The Tings Tings... :eeew: they always cheer me up!!

Actually at the mo i am listening to Massive Attack ' Unfinished Sympathy' what a tune...I love it !! i always turn it up really loud..

i have a good mixture

U2 - my favourite band of all time..

Nirvana

Faithless

Oasis

Michael Jackson greatest hits - always cheers me up 'WANNA BE STARTING SOMETHING :lol4: '

The Waterboys :you-rock:

Bob Marley :rasta:

The Verve: Bitter sweet symphony :yawn:

i better stop or i will keep going LOL :lmao2:

:gaga:

LindyLoo xx

" This moment will pass " (Bono U2)

goth n proud

OH HOW TRUE!! Music is my life, couldn't get through without it, always been the same but especially at the moment. It gets me through, helps me forget for a while and also helps me accept things n makes me deal with things I've been avoiding dealing with emotionally.

Woah, where would i start?? Fave in the world....METALLICA!! That gets my blood pumping big time, genius music! I love music thats deep and done well. love show tunes they're great to sing with the kids, Iron Maiden, Evanescence, Toy Dolls (they always have me in stitches you should try it!) Blanco Diablo, Sabbath, Hendrix, Nirvana oh how I could go on!

Tell ya summat else too, if I get diagnosed with this I am gettin a treble clef tattooed at the top of my back, I've started drawin it out already ! :bounce: It would be the perfect tribute to something thats got me through sooooo much s*#t.

Ahhh feel better now!!

Em X :lol4:

Christina

I'm liking the sound of the tattoo Em!

Chris x

Not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain ....

Panda

John, You really brought back memories with 'poisoning pidgeons in the park', My auntie used to play a cd of john lehrer and it made me:question2: .

Oasis always cheer me up, I love to sing along when no one else is listening.

All time favourite, You got a friend - James Taylor version.

I got my son to put some tunes on my ipod,& got cider drinker by wurzels & ernie the milkman mixed in with them. :lol4: But it did make me smile.

Happy listening

Clare x

gingermagic

Now, if you are talking music, this discusion my home. My claim to fame is that before my left leg went to Chelsea, the Kaisar Cheifs supported my group in one of there previous forms, Pava.

I am liking allot of peoples, suggestions, and know them all well.

With massive attack, it got to be PROTECTION.

If metallica, it has got to be ONE (if you haven't seen 'Johny got his gun' look it up).

If 'You've got a friend', nothing comes close to Carol's original (Tapestry, what an album).

Bob marley, well Jamin of course!

If your gonna have a favourite band of all time, well yes U2 are a good group, can't stop listening to Achtung Baby!

And as for the wurzels, are you sure!

Thanks for getting me going this morning guys!

P.S.I can't believe Hendrix got lost in the discussion.

Billion year old carbon

Lindyloo

well folks its 80's night on the radio here in Ireland every friday nite -

Listning to The Specials - Ghosttown.... :lolbash::hearts_circle::lol4: what a tune??

LindyLoo xx

Michelle

I remember that one.

Michelle :hearts_circle:

Lindyloo

Mish isnt it great to hear all the old songs??? the 80's were cool wernt they??

I used to love Spandau Ballet and Haircut 100.. and Madonna.. I used have those black fingerless gloves... :hearts_circle::lolbash:

Off to watch match of the day ....YAY!!

LindyLoo xx

Michelle

Want a laugh? My OH used to wear a white suit when he went disco dancing :lol4: I'm so glad I wasn't with him back then :hearts_circle: As dor the 80's I agree! They were fab. But my hey days were in the 70's. Status Quo,10cc,ELO etc,etc :lolbash:

M x

tdkstratus

I agree with the 80's music but I was only lickle then (proper 80's child) but, to my OH's despair, I have nearly all songs from the 80's and I remember most of them.

But the album I can't seem to stop listening to at the moment is Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown.

Terri

gingermagic

I am getting some obsqure tastes at mo,

Arvo Part, Henry Gorechi, Boards of Canada, Sun Kill Moon.

Check up all out.

Billion year old carbon

Michelle

I must confess to having not heard of these bands. This might be due to my age,and musical interests. :hearts_circle:

Tania B

I like Arvo Part's music too. - particularly his Tabula Rasa (excuse spelling). Not familiar with music of the others though. At he moment I'm listening to some World music on Radio 3. There's some interesting stuff.

Tania X

Mazz

Anything by Coldplay....esp YELLOW, WARNING SIGN, FIX YOU. They are my idols. Chris Martin is my screensaver at work. I had tickets for me and my daughter Amber to see them at Wembley in September this year on their Viva La Vida tour..........had to sell them a few days before as i wasn't up to it . :moonieman::bestwishes:

Mazz x

Arlene
Anything by Coldplay....esp YELLOW, WARNING SIGN, FIX YOU. They are my idols. Chris Martin is my screensaver at work. I had tickets for me and my daughter Amber to see them at Wembley in September this year on their Viva La Vida tour..........had to sell them a few days before as i wasn't up to it . :welcome::hearts_circle:

Arlene
Anything by Coldplay....esp YELLOW, WARNING SIGN, FIX YOU. They are my idols. Chris Martin is my screensaver at work. I had tickets for me and my daughter Amber to see them at Wembley in September this year on their Viva La Vida tour..........had to sell them a few days before as i wasn't up to it . :welcome::hearts_circle:

Arlene

i love dj sammys 'heaven' my daughter got meon to that and cascada, the clubland stuff always puts me in a good mood even tho im over 50