The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Heste

House

30 posts in this topic Last Reply

Michelle

I'm puzzled :hearts::nuts:

Michelle :newhere:

Teen

Well been reading around and it isn't out of the question for some with MS to go into a coma. Before you all get alarmed by this its usually because of a complication. Here's an example:

This lady has difficulty in swallowing and unfortunately this occurred.

"About a year and a half ago I was eating Macaroni and Cheese. Something felt funny in my neck and it hurt to swallow or breath. My feet started swelling and I developed a cough. I layed down one night and the next thing I remember I woke up in ICU tied down to a bed with something taped to my nose. I thought I died and went to Hell! I was TERRIFIED!!I soon learned that I had aspirated the Macaroni and Cheese and developed a life threatening case of Pneumonia. I had been in a coma and on a Lung Respirator for 13 days. The first 5 days of this my doctor told my family to start making funeral arrangements for me. I can only imagine what they were going through!"

So you see not necessarily impossible. I think that they have to find the most bizarre and rare symptoms to make this program interesting and a medical detective series, because after all if you've heard of that symptom or knew the cause then they'd know the answer straight away wouldn't they. It wouldn't be very exciting then would it.

The body is pretty complex and bizarre as you are all aware with MS and how difficult it is to actually diagnose. I think the idea of this program is great because there are so many different causes for a set of symptoms and it is a bit of detective work that finds the real cause.

Teen

Something to make House fans happy ..... a link to Seasons 1 to 5 that you can watch online. Happy viewing!!

House

linds

You all had me so intrigued about this "House" so I tuned in to Hallmark tonight and it is good. Why are all the Doc's so good looking??

Story was so sad I nearly cried. Poor woman with pregnancy...they tested her for ms too showed inside mri scary doos there. snivel .

She has lung cancer that spread to brain, not long to live and pregnant too. snivel

Had to watch Happy Days after that before I could go to bed

Lindsx

KayJay

Oh dear I am so going to regret fessing up to this, but searching around the site, spotted this thread.

I totally love House, and have been an avid viewer since it started. And,hides behind the sofa, I think Hugh Laurie is so sexy as Dr House, and I absolutely love his quirks and rotten beside manner, glad he is not my doctor though, I think that stick would have been shoved up a orrifice or two if so :rofl:

I agree that his innuendo's to Dr Cuddy are wearing a bit thin now, including keep asking her if she is pregnant. Story remits all the same obviously, and agree MS, Lupus etc get frequent mentions, I keep watching to see if my renal disease gets a look in.

The storyline of the cop that is on his case getting a bit boring now, and the episodes with him and Dr Wilson's partner Amber almost had me switch off, yawn!

From what I gather the original 3 of the team, Foreman, Chase and Cameron feature more in the coming series, hooray, the last lot simply did not work for me.

I vote House gets it on with Cameron, gets married, has children and they drive off into the sunset happily ever after.

OK hit me with it folks :winkgrin:

Karen