The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
kizzy

:( whats going on

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

kizzy

Hello my lovely

Sleepy
Scully

Hello Tracy,

Sorry you've been going through it recently.

You've done the right thing in going to your optician firstly to rule out optic neuritis. Having said that, not sure if there is any explanation as to why your eye pressures are so high?

The fatigue is certainly MS related, the constant need for sleep,added to broken nights of sleep won't be doing you any favours.

The headaches with a sickness feeling sound a bit like migraine maybe? Migraine can also cause vision blurring too, so it's a good move to see your GP and have him check you out for that. I recall there is something called 'cluster migraines ' where several migraines all follow each other, but your GP is the only one that can determine that for you. It can sometimes be all too easy to blame everything on MS huh?

Poor you, I hope it clears soon for you and you can get something to chase this away!

Scully

x

They are not brain lesions..........they are just bright ideas

"The truth is out there"

pigeon64

Hi there

I am not dx but I can sympathise with you if it is migraine related. I have been having those since I was 11, so for some 36 years now. But these days I tend to get what I call head pain. I will get a shooting pain in myhead that lasts for a few minutes at a time. It will go away and then a while later it will happen again. I am gladnyou went to the optician. I was first drawn there suffering double vision followed by waking up at 3am with no vision in the left eye. It was nearly two days before I could see clearly, well almost clearly again. But of late I feel I am banging my head on a brick wall. if it was not for this site I think I would go nuts.

kizzy

Thankyou Both :hearts_circle: I went to see my neuro last week and he confirmed its nothing to do with the MS infact as far as that goes he thinks im doing really well. He thinks it is migraine related and thats what caused the blurry vision and the sickness too. So he is starting meon beta blockers for at least 3 months to try and keep them at bay hopefully now things will start to improve :) x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Whats going on?

I have seen my doctor this morning about my depression medication. He told me he has a letter from my recent neurologist, dated 8 October this year, which I have also been sent. This letter says I have MS, almost certainly Primary Progressive, but MRI with contrast, which I have now had, will confirm. The doctor said he also had a letter, which I haven't seen, dated 9 October this year, from my first Neurologist, that says Spinal Fluid results show I don't have MS. The only time I have had Lumbar Puncture was five years ago. I have tried to contact my MS nurse, but can't get her yet. This raises loads of questions. 1) Why wasn't I told about this? 2) If I don't have MS, what do I have? 3) Why aren't I being treated for 'not MS'? 4) Will my friends and family think I am making up symptoms?

in General Discussion about MS

• whats worse eh?

Hi everyone, Hope you're all ok.   I have a problem and Im now sure why but i think its got something to do with the tolteradol Im on for my bladder. I was feeling the need too often and they gave me this.   I've. been on it a couple of months now and the horrid feeling doesn't bother me much now and i sleep well.   The problem is, i am now feeling like Im leaking urine and i have a vaginal discharge that is contributing to this feeling so be honest i dont know if Im leaking or its heavy discharge but i feel very very disgusting.   Do you think it IS the medication because Im wondering if the dose could be reduced and still be effective?   Dont know if this constant feeling of leaking is worse than constantly needing to pee. Im also frightened that Im about to lose control of my bladder altogether.   I've now just had to call nhs direct cos of palpitations. I've had them for three nights now, they start about 7pm and continue until i go to sleep. I think these are linked to the tablets too.   Thanks for reading.

• whats going on :0(

HI all im feeling really scared :0( Today has been not a good day at all think i might of over done it yesterday both arms are so weak can not grip much and in both arms i normaly only have trouble with my left hand i have had shooting pains in my arms etc but what has scared me is for about 25 minutes earlier i devoloped a bad bad stutter my words where not coming out as they should i was getting all mixed up and had to really concentrate on what i was saying to make it come out right i have had problems word finding before but not like this and it has really scared me whats happening ????   Thanks Tracy :0(

• Whats next?

I had my neuro meeting and then had my mrion wednesday. When I met my neuro he said if nothing turns up on mri i won't hear from him. Thats ok by me. But how long should i wait before going to my doctor?   Had a really bad weekend. I went out friday and when i got home i had this really sore pressure on my ribs, I've had it before but never like this and not for so long that i actually had forgot about it, this was really sore though and felt like both sides of my ribs were caving in, it could be drink though but if i'm honest I was drunk but not that drunk. Then on sunday I got a pain in my really lower abdomin, i've had it before but again nowhere near as bad or for as long. It was so bad I took painkillers for the first time since i dont know when. (i really feel bad saying that, i know that sounds like such a crappy thing to complain about on this forum) too put in context my dad was addicted to co-codomol. unless a doctor tells me to take painkillers i don't. It was also nearer a bad place than an ibs place, i know i shouldn't but i find this a bit embarressing. I've said to my gp about it before and apart from the fact i think he thinks its ibs, i was told not to worry. except i had nothing to upset my bowel. and as I said it felt a lot lower. (which could be cool, but was a bit to close for my liking)   And tonight two of my fingers felt tingly and if i'm honest I can't feel my pinky now.   Hardly the worst I know.   After my consult i was so stressed, tired, pre-occupyed with all the other stuff going on that i just couldn't be bothered but now I want to know. So I guess I'm asking how long does it take for the results to come through?   PS: (how do i get a copy of my brain mri? for no other reason than I want a picture of my brain, i know its nhs resources time ect and all that but i still want it, i'm interested)

• how do you cope? whats your secret?

sorry if this seems like a rant but its one of those days lol   this may seem like a really stupid question to ask. . . . but how do you all cope on a day to day basis?   I know some of you are married and have families ect, but how do you cope with not being able to do stuff, what happens when the grass needs cutting and you cant push the dam mower but there isnt anyone esle to do it? or the curtain rale falls down and there is no one to help you put it back up?   I have been really trying hard to get a grip of my life, whether it MS or orther, my days are filled with pain and fitigue and what feel like the onset of dimentia, but I am tryin to do the whole positive thing.   but over the last few days I have begun to realise that I am on my own, yes I have kids and family but they dont help in anyway, they just tell me to leave the jobs till I feel better, then, when I'm cured, I can sort out the jungle in the back and fix the shelves that are falling down, and clean the cooker out, and fix my bed.   I am on my own, which is fine, I can cope with that, but how do I get stuff done or do I just learn not to give a shit? how do you do it? how do you not get totaly frustrated by the fact that these things need to be done and you cant?   xx x x x x x

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.