The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Sign in to follow this  
derby42

late tysabri infusion

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

derby42

I have a hol booked and it clashes with my sixth infusion

Is that going to be a problem?

derby x

Nick

Best to check with the Hospital. Sixth infusion??

With my infusions it has to be within 5 days either way....but that is probably because it's a trial.

Nick

Edited by Nick

Just another Warrior...........

derby42

Hi Nick

I don't start until 25th of this month but I worked it out earlier and my sixth infusion will be on the final day of my holiday,I have to be in Preston at 9am and I'm at center parcs in penrith. Know it's not a terribly long way to travel but it would mean a very early start with 3 kids after what I'm sure will be a long week!

derby x

Procrastinating
Stumbler

Derby, you won't be the first person unable to make an infusion due to holidays. Just let them know and they'll work round it I'm sure.

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Nick

Should not be a problem as it looks like it's very close to the correct date. But as John says let them know! I accidentally missed one of my trial days and had to reschedule at short notice, so keeping them in the picture is definitely a good idea.

Glad you are going ahead with it!!

Nick

• Like 1

Just another Warrior...........

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Is tysabri as terrifying as it sounds

RR MS for 19 years, 3 relapses in last 12 months on avonex, 2 new lesions on MRI so bloods taken today for jc virus and tysabri due to start later this month. Looking for some feedback from anyone else on tysabri 

in General Discussion about MS

• From Tysabri to Gilenya?

I recently had my treatment schedule changed from 4 to 6 weekly in the hope that this will reduce my risk of pml. I'm jc+ and I've been on Tysabri for 5 years in June. I'm now considered high risk  ..1 in 125. I'm not comfortable with this so Im considering Gilenya or Tecfidera instead. Does anyone here have experience of either of these? Thankyou  x.

• Tysabri and nausea

Hi everyone,   I started tysabri in March, after my first infusion i was very nauseous for 24hours and was actually sick the next day. Thought it might be a bug, not the tysabri itself. Had my second infusion last week and felt the nausea again but no vomiting.   I have spoken to my nurse about it who thinks im one of those awkward people that are very sensitive to drugs! She suggested we try an anti-sickness med prior to the infusion. Im just wondering if any other tysabrians have had a similiar side effect, and if so did it ease up after a few months?   Many thanks Laura

• jc+ and tysabri

Got my result when the nurse called to tell me, she suggested I think it over for a few days but I got her to book me for my first infusion instantly, it will be on the 25th July. I am frightened, never been on any kind of ms drug before, but I am so very desperate to be a proper mummy. I feel like I'm in some alternate existence and it's not nice.

• is it too late for steroids?

Hello everyone I've not been posting for a while but I haven't been right for ages. Actually I've not been right since I had my fall 2 months ago, I seemed to get better but then my walking has been steadily getting worse over the last month and now I can't walk at all without support from someone, I feel so scared that I will stay like this. I have left a message for my nurse but it seems that this is a relapse, last month she was thinking about getting me into the relapse clinic but I didn't ring to arrange it as I had a decent couple of days so I didn't think I needed it. I was checked for a uti but it was clear.I've also just had 2 proper periods in the last month which isn't like me. Do you think I am to late for steroids given that this seems to have been going on for 2 months? I thought that it was better to treat a relapse early. Thanks for reading.

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.