The MS PEOPLE UK Forum
Support, help, advice and information for Multiple Sclerosis. Ask questions and share experiences with people affected by MS.
Zodog

Understanding MRI report

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Zodog

I’m  not sure if anyone can back me. I have left a message for my nurse but unfortunately it does take time for an answer. Anyway just got my latest mri report & I’m really confused by what they’ve said. Am I right in thinking it is saying they’re is signs although low my lesions have got worse🤔
also I don’t get the meaning of the comparison to my other mri🥺🙈 any help greatly appreciated💞
‘corresponding low T1 signal denoting chronicity of the lesions. 
Known MS, followup, the current study shows stable supratentorial white matter demyelinating plaques, compared to March 23 scan with no MRI evidence of active plaques by diffusion criteria non contrast criteria only.’

Procrastinating
Stumbler

@Zodog . I feel that these terms are used to make the report unintelligible to us mere mortals. However, there's a couple of links here, further information , which might assist.

Personally, I do not get concerned with what my brain is doing. I have little control over it so why worry. The only important aspects of MS are the impact that it is presently causing you, how to recover and how to prevent it worsening.

Just discuss what the MRI results mean to you with your Neuro next time you see them.

:moonieman:

John aka Stumbler (as I do fall over!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "Wow! What a ride!"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Report on MS/Covid 19 Study

Just thought you would all be interested in this   Self-diagnosed COVID-19 in people with multiple sclerosis: a community-based cohort of the UK MS Register JNNP.BMJ.COM In the early phases of the UK COVID-19 outbreak, in the absence of clear evidence about the risks for people with multiple sclerosis (pwMS) and those taking immunomodulatory disease-modifying therapies (DMT), we launched a...    

in General Discussion about MS

• Understanding results of MRI scan

I don't know if anyone can help, but all your brains are better than my one! About two months ago I had my second MRI (first was 20 years ago which confirmed ms diagnosis). The consultant then phoned to give me the results. She said there are the lesions in the brain which you would expect in someone who has spms. However, the good news is she said, that there is no inflammation so no new lesions developing. I have since tried to understand what this means. Surely spms means there is no inflammation and how can this news be good? Does it mean that further disability will not develop? For example, my right hand has an intention tremor and so I rely heavily on my left hand to do tasks, like typing this post. It would be a relief to know that I will retain function in my left hand. Any thoughts appreciated!   Jill xx

• The MRI report is in... just waiting for the phone to ring

Hi everyone   Spoke to the Immunologists secretary this morning, my MRI report is in however she won't tell me anything just that she is going to get him to ring me this afternoon when he gets in.... the suspense is killing me!!   Not been feeling too great over the last few days head is banging again and neck is stiff and feeling drunk again aaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh :) xxxxx

• GOT MY MS REPORT NOW IM LAUGHING

Reading this report from a supposed ms speacilist i have gone past crying to wanting beat his brains to now laughing the more i read and take it in the more im thinking his for real. I have a few neurologist due to the fact no one seems to have clue so i have been passed from department to department. The report confirms a negative rombergs test and convergenec in both eyes with IMO not related to ms and a list of eight other symptons one being a new thing both hips have a mild flexion weakness. Since 2002 they have know this but failed to tell me so now i am stunned im i stupid or should a neurologist know someone who deals with brain and spinal disease when there is significant symptons. Can any you help i would gladly answer any questions       HAZEXX

• Brain dissection report in the Guardian 2

The report in the Guardian today mentions the following regarding MS and brain dissection:   " In MS patients, sclerosis means hardening, and you can sometimes feel that the brain tissue has hardened just by picking it up."   "... with MS there's no strong correlation between the number of lesions in the brain as a whole and the amount of disability you suffer."     The Guardian report     T

About Us

Founded in 2004, MS People UK is a community website and discussion forum by and for people with Multiple Sclerosis as well as for friends, families, supporters and those interested in this disabling condition.

If you’re newly diagnosed or want to ask about possible first symptoms, or if you’ve had Relapse Remit, Secondary or Primary Progressive MS for some time, a welcoming group of fellow MS sufferers is here to chat with you about MS symptoms, diagnosis and treatments.

The atmosphere is friendly whilst being compassionate, supportive and caring. Members also post about a variety of subjects not related to MS, as well as share jokes, talk about their hobbies, have fun, and more.

The MS People Forum is not responsible for advice or information supplied by members. We suggest you seek medical advice before trying anything.